2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! Final: Czech Republic d. Serbia 3-2. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
1-6 (broken 3 times), 2-3* from *1-0 in 2nd.

I liked the kid since I saw his play in '11 Chennai and I don't care if he's a Fed kid or not. But I can't say I was impressed by his comment yesterday. I didn't know Nole's comment was that blunt before watching it on YT though. Yeah, maybe he could have done it in a more guarded tone, but considering how he has handled press these days, the conditions must be really awful. So now Viktor has to win this!
The kid does not have 1/10 of Fed's result but have 200% of his arrogance
Lee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

It will be a huge confidence booster for Viktor if he comes back from 2 sets down.

Ajde! Idemo!!!
Lee is offline  
post #48 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Set score 0-2

Please no straight-set loss.

Forgot he's going to play three days in a row. I am torn now.
On clay, Serbia can play Pashanski instead of Viktor for doubles.
Lee is offline  
post #49 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,853
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

I gave up any hope for a comeback, when he was losing 4 straight games (4-1* to 4-5* ), also noticed he was down in the TB later. And now it's 2-2? Damn those chokers, drama queens.
Lose or win, do it quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The kid does not have 1/10 of Fed's result but have 200% of his arrogance
At least, Tomic's are so absurd that I find them hilarious. This feels like coming out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It will be a huge confidence booster for Viktor if he comes back from 2 sets down.

Ajde! Idemo!!!
True, he needs a turning point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
On clay, Serbia can play Pashanski instead of Viktor for doubles.
I have little info about Pashanski. Either with him or Viktor, I don't have much faith in Serb doubles team though. They were never reliable.
shuhrat is offline  
post #50 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
I gave up any hope for a comeback, when he was losing 4 straight games (4-1* to 4-5* ), also noticed he was down in the TB later. And now it's 2-2? Damn those chokers, drama queens.
Lose or win, do it quick!


At least, Tomic's are so absurd that I find them hilarious. This feels like coming out of nowhere.


True, he needs a turning point.


I have little info about Pashanski. Either with him or Viktor, I don't have much faith in Serb doubles team though. They were never reliable.
Pashanski is a racist but clay is his best surface. If not for DC, he would be in South America playingthe clay court tournaments there. Also, Viktor and Zimonjic are not a good doubles team so the chance won't be much better. If I am the captain, I will put my chips in Nole and Viktor winning the single rubbers on Sunday.
Lee is offline  
post #51 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Serve the match out please Viktor

Ajde!! Idemo!!!
Lee is offline  
post #52 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,853
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Pashanski is a racist but clay is his best surface. If not for DC, he would be in South America playingthe clay court tournaments there. Also, Viktor and Zimonjic are not a good doubles team so the chance won't be much better. If I am the captain, I will put my chips in Nole and Viktor winning the single rubbers on Sunday.
Belgians are quite capable in doubles, IIRC.
So you are confident Viktor beats Rochus?

Basically the first rubber result decides how tough the team's life will be this weekend... Two pts away......


Edit:
shuhrat is offline  
post #53 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!



Now Nole crushes Ollie!!!!!


I am so glad Xman is not playing. I don't want to cheer vs him!
Lee is offline  
post #54 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Belgians are quite capable in doubles, IIRC.
So you are confident Viktor beats Rochus?

Basically the first rubber result decides how tough the team's life will be this weekend... Two pts away......


Edit:
Not confident but better chance IMHO. Especially if it comes to that, I will cheer my hearts out for him.
Lee is offline  
post #55 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Viktor.

I lost total faith in him and he proved me wrong. What a glorious sport tennis is!

Is there live stream for Djoko's match?
star is offline  
post #56 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Oh, also Castafiore who follows Belgian tennis closely remarked on Goffin's arrogance and unpleasant personality so,me time last year. So this isn't the first time.
star is offline  
post #57 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,853
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Not confident but better chance IMHO. Especially if it comes to that, I will cheer my hearts out for him.
Ah, also he proved he could be useful in a deciding match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Viktor.

I lost total faith in him and he proved me wrong. What a glorious sport tennis is!

Is there live stream for Djoko's match?
http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-li...ing-video.html

So many unexpected scorelines, even though most ended with predictable final results. It's like those guys are suffering from some bad stuffs collectively during DC weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh, also Castafiore who follows Belgian tennis closely remarked on Goffin's arrogance and unpleasant personality so,me time last year. So this isn't the first time.
Interesting! His look was a bit deceptive in that case.
shuhrat is offline  
post #58 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

Thank you!
star is offline  
post #59 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

3 aces and a second serve service winner to start the match
Lee is offline  
post #60 of 1425 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: 2013 Davic Cup Cheering Thread! R1 vs. Belguim!

I am scoreboard watching. It seems Nole does not want to run around but end the points ASAP
Lee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome