Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 286 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4276 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Registered User
 
Trollicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,630
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
WOW! Anyway Let's see I have 20 and 16 yo's and their parents are 54 and 55 I did something wrong Waited way too long.
Could be worse, I´m 22 while my parents are 59 and 61
Trollicki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4277 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,751
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Could be worse, I´m 22 while my parents are 59 and 61
Oh that makes me feel better

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #4278 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,751
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
My parents are the one that had children too soon. Even my sister, when she was born mom and dad were 26!

Sometimes when mom, sister and I go out, people think we are sisters.
Oh that makes me feel better too

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
 
post #4279 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered User
 
Trollicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,630
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Honestly, waiting for a bit before having children does not have to be a bad thing. I couldn´t imagine myself being a father at this point in my life frankly
Trollicki is offline  
post #4280 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,751
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Honestly, waiting for a bit before having children does not have to be a bad thing. I couldn´t imagine myself being a father at this point in my life frankly
I am just teasing. I waited for many of the same reasons Busy with my career really. I maybe waited a couple of extra years more than I should of. (honestly I was a bit scared as I knew it would be so life changing). I am glad I had my boys- best thing I ever did really. I adore them.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #4281 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Honestly, waiting for a bit before having children does not have to be a bad thing. I couldn´t imagine myself being a father at this point in my life frankly
Neither did my parents, but they faced the challenge.

I think when these things happen to you, you adapt. The thought of having a child right now really scares me, but Iam 99% sure that if it happened, I would adapt really quick and in only a few months I would be thinking "how did I ever think I couldn't do this"?

Not saying that being a parent is easy though. But I just think that people adapt. Obviously, in my case, I am predicting a good adaptation because I have a pretty good support system (family).
arm is offline  
post #4282 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Registered User
 
Trollicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,630
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I am just teasing. I waited for many of the same reasons Busy with my career really. I maybe waited a couple of extra years more than I should of. (honestly I was a bit scared as I knew it would be so life changing). I am glad I had my boys- best thing I ever did really. I adore them.
I know you were Yeah, it is tricky, trying to become your own person on the one hand and starting a family while you´re still relatively young on the other. I guess you are never completely ready for it - you´ll just have to the plunge I´m glad having children worked out so well for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Neither did my parents, but they faced the challenge.

I think when these things happen to you, you adapt. The thought of having a child right now really scares me, but Iam 99% sure that if it happened, I would adapt really quick and in only a few months I would be thinking "how did I ever think I couldn't do this"?

Not saying that being a parent is easy though. But I just think that people adapt. Obviously, in my case, I am predicting a good adaptation because I have a pretty good support system (family).
Of course, you can adapt (you have to adapt even). If I would have a child tomorrow, I would adapt to it. It forces you to grow up. Still, it would be less easy for me now than in say 5 years.

Well, one can´t always have the luxury of family living closeby when you get kids sadly.
Trollicki is offline  
post #4283 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:38 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

And to be honest, I don't know what scares me more, having a child now or in a coupld of years or having a child as a 40 year old woman.

Ideally, I would like to have kids in my late twenties, but I doubt that is going to be happening because of the job.
arm is offline  
post #4284 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,751
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
And to be honest, I don't know what scares me more, having a child now or in a coupld of years or having a child as a 40 year old woman.

Ideally, I would like to have kids in my late twenties, but I doubt that is going to be happening because of the job.
Find a good partner who will share with you. I had Sam when I was almost 40-no bueno At least for me. I was pretty sick. The nurse who worked with me threatened to quit if I ever got pregnant again

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #4285 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Unless of course Nole finally opens his eyes, dumps Jelena and comes rescue.me from med school. I wouldn't mind being pregnant with his babies in 2 years time. I need a couple of years though


On another note, what do you guys think about abortion?
arm is offline  
post #4286 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Find a good partner who will share with you. I had Sam when I was almost 40-no bueno At least for me. I was pretty sick. The nurse who worked with me threatened to quit if I ever got pregnant again
The nurse

All respect, and I only say it because I am pretty sure we are cool to exchange a few opinions. I wouldn't want to leave having babies for my early forties. Especially the first one at 40+. But as a future doctor, before 30 is a bit unlikely.
arm is offline  
post #4287 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Registered User
 
Trollicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,630
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Unless of course Nole finally opens his eyes, dumps Jelena and comes rescue.me from med school. I wouldn't mind being pregnant with his babies in 2 years time. I need a couple of years though


On another note, what do you guys think about abortion?
You fangirl

I am in favour of abortion. A woman should have the right to decide if she wants to become a mother. Of course, if the child was the fruit of consensual intercourse, the father should be consulted. I do believe women use abortion to easily as some kind of safety net, so that they can sleep without protection. Abortion is taxing - an aunt of mine got an abortion when she was in her early twenties and wasn´t able to ever get pregnant again. Protection and the pill should always be used first.
Trollicki is offline  
post #4288 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,751
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Unless of course Nole finally opens his eyes, dumps Jelena and comes rescue.me from med school. I wouldn't mind being pregnant with his babies in 2 years time. I need a couple of years though


On another note, what do you guys think about abortion?
Now that I have actually had a child? I could not do it but I understand those who need to. Wouldn't it be a perfect world if one did not want children to use contraception and take responsibility for not having to make abortion a choice? I wish politicians would get the hell out of it. It should be between a woman and her doctor personally. I could go on but not on a tennis forum

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #4289 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,751
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Great minds really do think alike.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #4290 of 5020 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Yeah, yeah. I am in favour too, although my reasons may differ.

But I was asking for a personal point of view. Lets say you are you, 22, and your gf gets pregnant. Would you consider it? (Don't amswer if the question is too personal )
arm is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome