Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #406 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Guys (I mean girls) how did you let me miss this?
And then there are a whole bunch of replies.

SMU women's rowing team.

[youtube]K7ppxF4O130[/youtube]

Not as cute as the baseball team.

[youtube]8EjLbVmXIqg[/youtube]

The Navy upholds its rep as the gayest branch

[youtube]S9uoC6z8LNI[/youtube]
star is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #407 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 AM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,887
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
WHY IS MY GAS NOT THIS CHEAP? NJ gas is usually decent Though it is around $3.30 here which is much better than in Connecticut. It was $3.80 there last Friday.
Gas got that expensive in NY/NJ? Sure it was under the dollar when I was in NY in 06...

EDIT: Just double checked, wasn't under the dollar in terms of per gallon but coulda been in terms of per litre.

Still US fuel is a LOT cheaper than here in the UK.

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #408 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Finally all assignments submitted!


Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
WHY IS MY GAS NOT THIS CHEAP? NJ gas is usually decent Though it is around $3.30 here which is much better than in Connecticut. It was $3.80 there last Friday.
AZ usually has lower gas price than national average. My neighbourhood is still around $3.39 but near Jr.'s school is where I found cheapest gas!
Lee is offline  
post #409 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

It's always cheaper on the Gulf Coast too.

Joe will be happy to know that we got snow last night. We got about 2 inches which is quite a lot for us. Maybe three inches. I didn't measure but looked at it piled on the walls and deck furniture.

It's a little odd to me that the snow here always comes down with no wind. That makes it pretty on the trees and lawns. I grew up on the Great Plains where snow comes with fierce wind and there are giant drifts. Now we have to hope for rapid melting or we will get some kind of weird inversion and have it on the grou d all winter.
star is offline  
post #410 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Gas got that expensive in NY/NJ? Sure it was under the dollar when I was in NY in 06...

EDIT: Just double checked, wasn't under the dollar in terms of per gallon but coulda been in terms of per litre.

Still US fuel is a LOT cheaper than here in the UK.

Well, you also have public transportation.

Also cheaper health care.
star is offline  
post #411 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

The most beautiful snow is the icy one that clinched to trees and when the sunshine, they sparkle like there are thousands of diamond hanging on them. But this is the worse kind as the sidewalks and streets are icy to walk or drive on.
Lee is offline  
post #412 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The most beautiful snow is the icy one that clinched to trees and when the sunshine, they sparkle like there are thousands of diamond hanging on them. But this is the worse kind as the sidewalks and streets are icy to walk or drive on.
We would have had that here this morning, but the sun refused to shine.

Now, it is peeking out, and I hope all this white stuff goes away. But probably not today because it's only supposed to be 36 today. I just want it off my driveway.
star is offline  
post #413 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,777
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Gas got that expensive in NY/NJ? Sure it was under the dollar when I was in NY in 06...

EDIT: Just double checked, wasn't under the dollar in terms of per gallon but coulda been in terms of per litre.

Still US fuel is a LOT cheaper than here in the UK.

Yes, maybe by litre, but definitely not by gallon It's been around the $4 mark for years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post




AZ usually has lower gas price than national average. My neighbourhood is still around $3.39 but near Jr.'s school is where I found cheapest gas!
NJ does too But I want under $3 gas Haven't seen that since high school

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #414 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
Yes, maybe by litre, but definitely not by gallon It's been around the $4 mark for years


NJ does too But I want under $3 gas Haven't seen that since high school


So children, I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon and sometimes there were gas wars with the filling stations, and it would go down to 10 cents a gallon.

I remember in the 80s when it went up to nearly 90 cents a gallon and I was thinking about riding a bike to work. Those were the days of the boycott and the long lines at the gas stations.
star is offline  
post #415 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
We would have had that here this morning, but the sun refused to shine.

Now, it is peeking out, and I hope all this white stuff goes away. But probably not today because it's only supposed to be 36 today. I just want it off my driveway.
Have a blow torch

My worst nightmare was when living in Calgary, during spring time when cumulated snow/ice over winter melted but could not drain away because drainages were blocked by ice blocks and snow/ice bank by the side of roads and refroozed overnight. You ended up had black icesheet on pavement and road way.

Once I got out of my car but had to hold on to the car to move and the car was more like sliding on road.
Lee is offline  
post #416 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Have a blow torch

My worst nightmare was when living in Calgary, during spring time when cumulated snow/ice over winter melted but could not drain away because drainages were blocked by ice blocks and snow/ice bank by the side of roads and refroozed overnight. You ended up had black icesheet on pavement and road way.

Once I got out of my car but had to hold on to the car to move and the car was more like sliding on road.
Black ice is my nightmare.

It's bad enough on flat land, but on hills and mountains -- insane.


Sorry about the powerlines, but see how perfectly the snow lies on the bottom line?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg portal in the snow.jpg (184.2 KB, 3 views)
star is offline  
post #417 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
And then there are a whole bunch of replies.

SMU women's rowing team.

[youtube]K7ppxF4O130[/youtube]

Not as cute as the baseball team.

[youtube]8EjLbVmXIqg[/youtube]

The Navy upholds its rep as the gayest branch

[youtube]S9uoC6z8LNI[/youtube]
First time I listened to this song I . But now I gotta say I like it, because it brought people together. Even during kid's day at the USO... it was such a lovely moment, everyone together dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Black ice is my nightmare.

It's bad enough on flat land, but on hills and mountains -- insane.


Sorry about the powerlines, but see how perfectly the snow lies on the bottom line?
Beautiful!
arm is offline  
post #418 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)



who is the kid?
arm is offline  
post #419 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post


who is the kid?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics
star is offline  
post #420 of 5020 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 PM
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 32,887
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Still no snow here. Getting a little bit sick of the weather now just raining and cold here all the time. Ah, Manchester, how I love you!

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome