Of course. It´s just that you can´t always prevent the two from being closeby.
But the first rule is when you spill water onto something use electricity, the first thing you do is to remove the power supply. I know nowadays most electronics are in low voltage and you won't likely get an electric shock (especially when they are on batteries) but it can still fry up lots of things.
Well, your generation grew up with personal computers which can be throw around the house. For me, most computers were locked behind closed doors inside a room with raised floor and separate air conditioning units
And they were less powerful than the one I am using now.