Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3) - Page 143 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2131 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Nothing on a Friday night?
To be fair, I went out for dinner with my ex-bf. We are good friends, nothing more. But the funny thing, is that as boyfriends, in the beginning of our relationship, we had dinner there once, and we only went back there today.

Italian restaurant, a lot of pastas that I love, I never know which one to pick. After thinking for 5 minutes, I ended up ordering the exact same pasta I order on that date we had there. I didn't remember that, but he pointed that out to me, and then when the pasta came I recognized he was right!

This is so wow. I mean , people really do follow a pattern and most "random" stuff we do, is not so random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It is

If I book direct flights now, it's over $600. Now, I have to stop over in Chicago (yes, way out of the path) on the way to Calgary but it's a direct flight back home and the ticket is $386.
It's well worth it. 200 is a lot of cash.
arm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2132 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I'm sure that's some way from the truth.

My life is currently pretty boring, too. I'm kind of falling asleep right now. This week has taken its toll on me.
Nah, my life really is boring. I don't go out much and my friends are getting more boring by the minute. (I love them very much )

I am growing up, I guess.
arm is offline  
post #2133 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,802
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Mmm pasta sounds delicious.

I have been eating like absolute crap lately because we're just eating whatever people bring to the house, so there were like... cakes and cookies and sandwiches and more cakes. One lady found some Lithuanian things at a Polish market she goes to, so that was actually quite thoughtful (and delicious)

Now our one relative from Willkes-Barre, PA brought back some hot dogs my dad loves and we are heating those up I just want real food.

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #2134 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:06 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
Mmm pasta sounds delicious.

I have been eating like absolute crap lately because we're just eating whatever people bring to the house, so there were like... cakes and cookies and sandwiches and more cakes. One lady found some Lithuanian things at a Polish market she goes to, so that was actually quite thoughtful (and delicious)

Now our one relative from Willkes-Barre, PA brought back some hot dogs my dad loves and we are heating those up I just want real food.
Just a couple more days and life goes bac to normal! You can do it! And when you feel like ranting about it, that's what we are here for!
arm is offline  
post #2135 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
To be fair, I went out for dinner with my ex-bf. We are good friends, nothing more. But the funny thing, is that as boyfriends, in the beginning of our relationship, we had dinner there once, and we only went back there today.

Italian restaurant, a lot of pastas that I love, I never know which one to pick. After thinking for 5 minutes, I ended up ordering the exact same pasta I order on that date we had there. I didn't remember that, but he pointed that out to me, and then when the pasta came I recognized he was right!

This is so wow. I mean , people really do follow a pattern and most "random" stuff we do, is not so random.
The emboldened part did make me chuckle, sorry.

Wow, that is an interesting tale and certainly anything but boring.

I agree completely about the patterns part, so called 'random' behaviour is actually relatively predictable, as you demonstrated.

May I ask a question?
The Prince is offline  
post #2136 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
To be fair, I went out for dinner with my ex-bf. We are good friends, nothing more. But the funny thing, is that as boyfriends, in the beginning of our relationship, we had dinner there once, and we only went back there today.

Italian restaurant, a lot of pastas that I love, I never know which one to pick. After thinking for 5 minutes, I ended up ordering the exact same pasta I order on that date we had there. I didn't remember that, but he pointed that out to me, and then when the pasta came I recognized he was right!

This is so wow. I mean , people really do follow a pattern and most "random" stuff we do, is not so random.
Not surprising picking the same pasta dish. Actually, that's normal because after all consideration, people tend to pick what they are familiar with.

Quote:

It's well worth it. 200 is a lot of cash.
If I booked the direct flights in December, the price would be around $386 but at that time, I did not know whether hubby and Jr. would go.

Now I worried whether I have enough time in Chicago. I need to change planes and O'Hara airport is HUGE plus I have never been there and I only have 45 minutes provided the flight will not delay Otherwise, I may have to spend a night in the airport
Lee is offline  
post #2137 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post

Never heard of that website…
It's an online travel agent where you can buy air tickets, book rental cars and hotel rooms. Probably mainly in US.
Lee is offline  
post #2138 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
Mmm pasta sounds delicious.

I have been eating like absolute crap lately because we're just eating whatever people bring to the house, so there were like... cakes and cookies and sandwiches and more cakes. One lady found some Lithuanian things at a Polish market she goes to, so that was actually quite thoughtful (and delicious)

Now our one relative from Willkes-Barre, PA brought back some hot dogs my dad loves and we are heating those up I just want real food.
Hopefully life is back to normal in a day or two.
Lee is offline  
post #2139 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,802
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Now I worried whether I have enough time in Chicago. I need to change planes and O'Hara airport is HUGE plus I have never been there and I only have 45 minutes provided the flight will not delay Otherwise, I may have to spend a night in the airport
As long as your flight is on time I think you'll be okay. I have had a layover there of about that length and we made it

It IS huge though

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #2140 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
The emboldened part did make me chuckle, sorry.

Wow, that is an interesting tale and certainly anything but boring.

I agree completely about the patterns part, so called 'random' behaviour is actually relatively predictable, as you demonstrated.

May I ask a question?
You may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Not surprising picking the same pasta dish. Actually, that's normal because after all consideration, people tend to pick what they are familiar with.



If I booked the direct flights in December, the price would be around $386 but at that time, I did not know whether hubby and Jr. would go.

Now I worried whether I have enough time in Chicago. I need to change planes and O'Hara airport is HUGE plus I have never been there and I only have 45 minutes provided the flight will not delay Otherwise, I may have to spend a night in the airport
45 is really short. no other option?
arm is offline  
post #2141 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered User
 
Trollicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,616
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
Oh gosh

My grandma does not need any more stress but she is not savvy to the evils of this world. Someone from "Medicare" just called her to "verify her social security number and address". My grandma didn't know any better so she gave the information and then asked them a question. When she asked a question they hung up. She's obviously notifying banks etc, but what a headache for her We told her to also call my cousin the police officer to see if there's anything police can do... track the number etc.



I hate criminals that take advantage of the elderly My great aunt was also a victim of people who came into her house and stole from her. They asked to use the telephone or something and so she lets them in and while one was on the phone the other went into her bedroom and stole jewelry from her.

Today's world is you seriously can't trust anyone.
Awful. Crooks seem to have lost any restraint they ever possessed these days, taking advantage of the elderly like that.
Trollicki is offline  
post #2142 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You may.
Now I have two questions. Firstly, why the smiley? Secondly, how awkward did you find the experience of having dinner with your ex?
The Prince is offline  
post #2143 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Now I have two questions. Firstly, why the smiley? Secondly, how awkward did you find the experience of having dinner with your ex?
Because I knew it would b a question like that. saw it coming

I have dinner with him all the time. So no awkward at all, we are good friends.
arm is offline  
post #2144 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Because I knew it would b a question like that. saw it coming
You read my intentions well, in that case.

Quote:
I have dinner with him all the time. So no awkward at all, we are good friends.
Good for you, then. I would like to think that remaining on good terms is always the preferable option in wake of a break-up. It just doesn't happen often though, or at least in my experience.
The Prince is offline  
post #2145 of 5020 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
You read my intentions well, in that case.



Good for you, then. I would like to think that remaining on good terms is always the preferable option in wake of a break-up. It just doesn't happen often though, or at least in my experience.
It doesn't happen very often, no. In my case it's even more unlikely, because we were never friends before becoming a couple and we dated for over 2 years. But he is just too good of a guy, really, and we liked ad like each other's company too much to give up on it completely.

It's very rare though. I realized that
arm is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome