Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 60 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #886 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I didn't know you were addicted to that! How about answering my question about Downton Abbey?


Ok. Ms. Bossy Pants.

The ONE I watched with you.

How about listening to that segment? It's abut a young girl's experience with doctors at a critical time.
star is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #887 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,421
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I didn't know you were addicted to that! How about answering my question about Downton Abbey?



What's cute (and good) about you is that you do share your feelings and emotions. Most guys your age would be ashamed and hide it from others. I know the anonymity of the world wide web helps, but still, not many people would do it the way you do. It's a great thing that will eventually end up helping you out going through all that! At least you're not trying to fool yourself. Which is what I do, I try to fool myself and pretend the problem doesn't exist.



You said it yourself yesterday, no relationship is perfect. NO RELATIONSHIP. Friends, boyfriends, family, if you're very close, it can't be perfect.

I have on sibling, 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 6 uncles and aunts, and 6 cousins. This is my family... feels too small.
Thanks. I used to never be honest with myself and rarely with others, so I've looked to change that over the last couple of years. Talking about things can only help. People share advice, thoughts & opinions. It's good.

I imagine, despite your parent's divorce, that you are on good terms with everyone, and there is a good aura surrounding your family? I really don't mean any harm in blindly speculating.

You see the problem now is my dad has re-married and my mum effective has, she's with a new partner. My dad married a Korean-Russian lady who already had two kids, there's a big Austrian influence on my stepdad's side of the family, his mother is Austrian, and one of his siblings has married a foreigner. My mother is of Irish origin, there's a big Catholic influence on her side of the family, not that she personally is religious. Then my dad is originally of lower middle-class origin and worked really hard to be very successful.

I don't mean to bore you with my family history, but I'm trying to make a point. I can't think of one person in my family who's been affected positively by the recent shuffling around. There's tonnes of different cultural influences on the family, it's too complicated. If I have children, I will do my utmost to try and make life as simple as possible for them. Not necessarily easy, but no needless complexities like I have suffered.
The Prince is offline  
post #888 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Ok. Ms. Bossy Pants.

The ONE I watched with you.

How about listening to that segment? It's abut a young girl's experience with doctors at a critical time.
It's on the tab right next to MTF's, but now I am cleaning up my room and pretending to be watching this Dexter's episode. I am not paying enough attention. But as soon as I get in bed, it's the first thing I do, Ms. Bossy Pants.

Now how about watching the next Downton Abbey's episodes??

And why is my room always a mess?
arm is offline  
 
post #889 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thanks. I used to never be honest with myself and rarely with others, so I've looked to change that over the last couple of years. Talking about things can only help. People share advice, thoughts & opinions. It's good.

I imagine, despite your parent's divorce, that you are on good terms with everyone, and there is a good aura surrounding your family? I really don't mean any harm in blindly speculating.

You see the problem now is my dad has re-married and my mum effective has, she's with a new partner. My dad married a Korean-Russian lady who already had two kids, there's a big Austrian influence on my stepdad's side of the family, his mother is Austrian, and one of his siblings has married a foreigner. My mother is of Irish origin, there's a big Catholic influence on her side of the family, not that she personally is religious. Then my dad is originally of lower middle-class origin and worked really hard to be very successful.

I don't mean to bore you with my family history, but I'm trying to make a point. I can't think of one person in my family who's been affected positively by the recent shuffling around. There's tonnes of different cultural influences on the family, it's too complicated. If I have children, I will do my utmost to try and make life as simple as possible for them. Not necessarily easy, but no needless complexities like I have suffered.
Yes, we are all on reasonably good terms. Obviously it's always a bit awkward when I am with both my parents at the same time. Not because they don't get along, because they get along fine, but it's not that old you, know. They have been divorced for like 3 years, separated for 4... It may sound like a lot, but it's not like I don't remember everything about our life together, the 4 of us.

But we all get along fine (including uncles, etc...), although of course there are some minor conflicts. Nothing big though. We do have a chronic problem with an uncle of mine, who has been unemployed for like 6 years, and has been living with and of my grandparents. That is a huge problem there, but I don't wnat to get into it.

But summing up, I am very happy with the family I have, and I feel lucky.

Why do relationships have to be so hard?
arm is offline  
post #890 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thanks. I used to never be honest with myself and rarely with others, so I've looked to change that over the last couple of years. Talking about things can only help. People share advice, thoughts & opinions. It's good.

I imagine, despite your parent's divorce, that you are on good terms with everyone, and there is a good aura surrounding your family? I really don't mean any harm in blindly speculating.

You see the problem now is my dad has re-married and my mum effective has, she's with a new partner. My dad married a Korean-Russian lady who already had two kids, there's a big Austrian influence on my stepdad's side of the family, his mother is Austrian, and one of his siblings has married a foreigner. My mother is of Irish origin, there's a big Catholic influence on her side of the family, not that she personally is religious. Then my dad is originally of lower middle-class origin and worked really hard to be very successful.

I don't mean to bore you with my family history, but I'm trying to make a point. I can't think of one person in my family who's been affected positively by the recent shuffling around. There's tonnes of different cultural influences on the family, it's too complicated. If I have children, I will do my utmost to try and make life as simple as possible for them. Not necessarily easy, but no needless complexities like I have suffered.
It's so maddening to be a child because all these events are so completely out of your control. You are smart in two things: 1. You see the error of your ways and correct your course.
2. You can always look at you parents and commit to yourself to do better.

Life is rarely simple, and maybe you'll find that this crazy quilt of a family has some benefits in the long run.
I hope so.
star is offline  
post #891 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

You know, George, we are glad to help here. Or at least to listen!

Gosh, how many times have Lee and stary put up with my own problems!
arm is offline  
post #892 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,421
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Yes, we are all on reasonably good terms. Obviously it's always a bit awkward when I am with both my parents at the same time. Not because they don't get along, because they get along fine, but it's not that old you, know. They have been divorced for like 3 years, separated for 4... It may sound like a lot, but it's not like I don't remember everything about our life together, the 4 of us.

But we all get along fine (including uncles, etc...), although of course there are some minor conflicts. Nothing big though. We do have a chronic problem with an uncle of mine, who has been unemployed for like 6 years, and has been living with and of my grandparents. That is a huge problem there, but I don't wnat to get into it.

But summing up, I am very happy with the family I have, and I feel lucky.

Why do relationships have to be so hard?
That's good. Things like separation happen, but it's always nice to hear families are on good terms.

I echo your sentiments. More so because it can't really be changed. However I feel lucky to have met so many people that I can call family, whether I get along with them or not. One can learn a lot from just talking to people, even those that aren't the most amicable.

I think relationships being hard is just nature. It's undeniable that when a relationship really works, it's the best feeling ever.

How boring would it be if every bond we made remained unbroken? Sure it would be nice, but I don't see how the world would work. Much like I see evil essential to our continued existence.
The Prince is offline  
post #893 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I see addressing global warming as essential to our continued existence.

well, not mine, but certainly yours and your children's existence.

Also, If Mitt Romney is elected, I'll have to seriously look into moving to Portugal -- or Glasgow.
star is offline  
post #894 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
That's good. Things like separation happen, but it's always nice to hear families are on good terms.

I echo your sentiments. More so because it can't really be changed. However I feel lucky to have met so many people that I can call family, whether I get along with them or not. One can learn a lot from just talking to people, even those that aren't the most amicable.

I think relationships being hard is just nature. It's undeniable that when a relationship really works, it's the best feeling ever.

How boring would it be if every bond we made remained unbroken? Sure it would be nice, but I don't see how the world would work. Much like I see evil essential to our continued existence.
Yeah, I agree. You know I have some really awesome relationships in my life (some friends and family members), but they are not perfect. And then I have some relationships that are not so deep, yet very important to both parts, and those are the easiest ones. I know I can count on those people, always, and everything is easy. The problem is that even though I know I can always count on them, I don't always reach them when I really need help, because although it's a great friendship, it's not awesome.

This is so complicated. I'd rather not think further about it today. Change the subject.

Your siblings in bed already? I am never going to be done cleaning up the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I see addressing global warming as essential to our continued existence.

well, not mine, but certainly yours and your children's exis

Also, If Mitt Romney is elected, I'll have to seriously look into moving to Portugal -- or Glasgow.
It's looking likely, though, right? Romney? In a way it's good news for me and some other Scot ().

When is the election day?
arm is offline  
post #895 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,421
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Yeah, I agree. You know I have some really awesome relationships in my life (some friends and family members), but they are not perfect. And then I have some relationships that are not so deep, yet very important to both parts, and those are the easiest ones. I know I can count on those people, always, and everything is easy. The problem is that even though I know I can always count on them, I don't always reach them when I really need help, because although it's a great friendship, it's not awesome.

This is so complicated. I'd rather not think further about it today. Change the subject.

Your siblings in bed already? I am never going to be done cleaning up the room.



It's looking likely, though, right? Romney? In a way it's good news for me and some other Scot ().

When is the election day?
I think we should change the subject too. It's a difficult topic for a lot of people so I apologise.

Yes, they were in bed a while ago.
The Prince is offline  
post #896 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Can anyone tell me what distance I should expect myself to swim in about one hour of practice?

I need to know if what I am doing is weak or average.
arm is offline  
post #897 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,421
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

No idea about swimming. Sorry. I've never been back in the pool or sea since I nearly drowned.
The Prince is offline  
post #898 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,421
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I'd estimate 3000m, though. Could be way off.
The Prince is offline  
post #899 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

You nearly drowned? For your age you do have quite some stories to tell!

I swam 2 kms in 50 mins. But I don't know if that is ok, or a bit weak.
arm is offline  
post #900 of 5088 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Sounds good to me.
star is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome