Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 324 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4846 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I am making a movie in my mind with all this info about what's happening in HK. I even have an apartment pictured. Please tell me there is a lot of glass and windows...
No! There are windows but mostly are covered by draperies. As I said, otherwise your neighbours will see everything And honestly, nothing to see outside the windows unless you live in the very expensive ones on water front. Outside my window, I see the parking lot underneath and the street. And some shops on the other side of the street. Also, it's scary plus not practical with huge windows because of typhoon here.
Lee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4847 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
It's not a diet I don't need to lose weigh. But it comes naturally with exam period, I always lose atleast 3kgs.
Oh, my apologies. So what causes you to lose weight naturally?
The Prince is offline  
post #4848 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
No! There are windows but mostly are covered by draperies. As I said, otherwise your neighbours will see everything And honestly, nothing to see outside the windows unless you live in the very expensive ones on water front. Outside my window, I see the parking lot underneath and the street. And some shops on the other side of the street. Also, it's scary plus not practical with huge windows because of typhoon here.
Could we get a photowhen it's day and everyone is awake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Oh, my apologies. So what causes you to lose weight naturally?
I stop eating because I lose appetite because I am nervous and I start lacking time to eat.
arm is offline  
post #4849 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
What do they do when they stop being young? They change jobs?
Go home when they saved enough money. Low pay for a domestic servant but it's much more compare to their home. Employers must provide accomodation/food and they only have Sunday off. Hardly has any chance to spend the money they earned.

In the beginning, most of the filippinos were registered nurse in their country but the paid is better than being a nurse at home. Most even left their children and husband to work here.
Lee is offline  
post #4850 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I stop eating because I lose appetite because I am nervous and I start lacking time to eat.
Exams are never nice, but I don't know what they're like at university. I imagine a lot more intense.
The Prince is offline  
post #4851 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Go home when they saved enough money. Low pay for a domestic servant but it's much more compare to their home. Employers must provide accomodation/food and they only have Sunday off. Hardly has any chance to spend the money they earned.

In the beginning, most of the filippinos were registered nurse in their country but the paid is better than being a nurse at home. Most even left their children and husband to work here.
It takes courage and motivation. I big hug for all the women in similar circumstances.

WillI get my photo later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Exams are never nice, but I don't know what they're like at university. I imagine a lot more intense.
It's incomparable. In high school you feel pressure because how well you do will influence the what you will end up studying in uni, which will literally shape your life. Once you're in, you're in, but exams are 3643645times harder, the material for each exam is bigger than the material for all the subjects during one year of high school and all the exams are packed up in the same week.
arm is offline  
post #4852 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Could we get a photowhen it's day and everyone is awake?
I took some photos thru the window but I can't upload them until I'm home And my ipad is the first gen with no camera
Lee is offline  
post #4853 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I can wait aslong as you promise to show us later
arm is offline  
post #4854 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
It takes courage and It's incomparable. In high school you feel pressure because how well you do will influence the what you will end up studying in uni, which will literally shape your life. Once you're in, you're in, but exams are 3643645times harder, the material for each exam is bigger than the material for all the subjects during one year of high school and all the exams are packed up in the same week.
I feared as much. I'd better enjoy the last 18 months of being in school, then. Things won't be the same afterwards, that's for sure.
The Prince is offline  
post #4855 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Blown Out On the Trail
 
star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 62,739
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

At first it bothered me in law school to have only one exam for the whole course because of the pressure, but then I started to like it because it was only one exam.
star is offline  
post #4856 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I feared as much. I'd better enjoy the last 18 months of being in school, then. Things won't be the same afterwards, that's for sure.
That's for me, at least. Depends on which course you're taking, on theFaculty, even on the country.

Either way, life changes a lot, but it's a good change inmany ways. It's mostly an awesome change.
arm is offline  
post #4857 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
At first it bothered me in law school to have only one exam for the whole course because of the pressure, but then I started to like it because it was only one exam.
I only have TWOmore exam periods with exams all packed up. January and June. After that, it's only going to be ONE exam at a time. I can't wait!
arm is offline  
post #4858 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
That's for me, at least. Depends on which course you're taking, on theFaculty, even on the country.

Either way, life changes a lot, but it's a good change inmany ways. It's mostly an awesome change.
I certainly don't want to pick an easy option just for the sake of having a good time. I would view that as a waste of my work in the last few years. Still, I have no idea what I want to do, but hopefully one of these days, a lightbulb will spark into life inside of my head, and I'll know exactly what I want for myself.
The Prince is offline  
post #4859 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

star,how did Inot start this thread before? Motivation for Tests/ Papers. For all Uni/College/Highschool students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I certainly don't want to pick an easy option just for the sake of having a good time. I would view that as a waste of my work in the last few years. Still, I have no idea what I want to do, but hopefully one of these days, a lightbulb will spark into life inside of my head, and I'll know exactly what I want for myself.
trust me, it's really cool to think like that, and it's impressive, I have the same thoughts when I was your age. But right now I really wish i had chosen an easier path. But I am a special case, andthis as lot to do with this whole crisis and how the government is messing with my future as a doctor in this country after I spent 6 freakin years studying harder than 95% of the people in this country ever have or ever will.

Make me shut up.
arm is offline  
post #4860 of 5088 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
trust me, it's really cool to think like that, and it's impressive, I have the same thoughts when I was your age. But right now I really wish i had chosen an easier path. But I am a special case, andthis as lot to do with this whole crisis and how the government is messing with my future as a doctor in this country after I spent 6 freakin years studying harder than 95% of the people in this country ever have or ever will.
Well, I don't want to think to myself in a few years' time, 'why didn't I try harder at school, and do a better degree at a better university.' Yes, it might be tough, but it's the destination that matters. And your case is different, as you point out. There's uncertainty surrounding doctors, so maybe it makes studying medicine a little less appealing in hindsight? I know generally what I want to do, but not specifically. None of it will be easy, but what's the point in not testing oneself?

Quote:
Make me shut up.
Why would I ever want to do that?
The Prince is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome