BRONZE MEDALIST in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisita View Post
I'm surprised by how late he's getting there. That's not much time to get used to conditions. Nadal and Fed were both there at the beginning of the week. A lot of players, men and women, I've read about who are there are talking about how difficult it is to adjust, for no other reason than jetlag.
Yes - I was surprised too But I guess he must have his reasons - maybe personal - just needed to go home for a while. I'm sure someone wrote here that he would have a Bye in the 1st round though, so won't play til Tuesday at the earliest as far as I heard (maybe wrong there ) so that should be enough time.

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered User
 
kalisita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,487
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Yes - I was surprised too But I guess he must have his reasons - maybe personal - just needed to go home for a while. I'm sure someone wrote here that he would have a Bye in the 1st round though, so won't play til Tuesday at the earliest as far as I heard (maybe wrong there ) so that should be enough time.
I was the one who posted earlier about him having a bye, but I'm not sure about that now. I thought I read that a while ago, but didn't see it on the official tennis page when the format was discussed But, we'll know soon enough, like 10 hours or so depending upon how long it takes to publish the draw.

The schedule has 1R Sun and Mon, 2R Tues, and then each subsequent round the following day with SFs Fri. The Bronze metal match is Sat and the final Sun.
kalisita is offline  
post #63 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisita View Post
I was the one who posted earlier about him having a bye, but I'm not sure about that now. I thought I read that a while ago, but didn't see it on the official tennis page when the format was discussed But, we'll know soon enough, like 10 hours or so depending upon how long it takes to publish the draw.

The schedule has 1R Sun and Mon, 2R Tues, and then each subsequent round the following day with SFs Fri. The Bronze metal match is Sat and the final Sun.
Ah - OK - so I can blame you if I got it wong No - seriously - I have really no idea either, and though I've read all the links too, they don't exactly make it very clear. As you say - draw will be out tomorrow, so by the time I wake up tomorrow moring, it should all be clear

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
 
post #64 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered User
 
smileitsmyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL.
Age: 28
Posts: 95
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

god what's this I hear about Nole's parents separating?
smileitsmyan is offline  
post #65 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,807
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileitsmyan View Post
god what's this I hear about Nole's parents separating?
Where did you hear that?

If true, it would explain why Novak has things on his mind.
But I need a source.

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #66 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
Where did you hear that?

If true, it would explain why Novak has things on his mind.
But I need a source.
The poster marc23 posted it on GM this afternoon(the Nole Motivation thread I think), and Misha kind of backed it up.

Must admit I had heard rumours before now - mainly because of Alex having family in Serbia etc, and other friends I have there - but I never said anything here, because no one really knows if the tabloid press is telling the truth or not - so I thought it was best not to spread gossip with no official source, because that kind of thing would be so hurtful to the family if it turned out not to be true Now it's been said elsewhere though, I personally have to say I believe it's true though and it would explain a lot. Hopefully they will work something out though - lots of couples/families have problems, but come out of them stronger and better for it

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #67 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered User
 
Herdwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,342
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
The poster marc23 posted it on GM this afternoon(the Nole Motivation thread I think), and Misha kind of backed it up.

Must admit I had heard rumours before now - mainly because of Alex having family in Serbia etc, and other friends I have there - but I never said anything here, because no one really knows if the tabloid press is telling the truth or not - so I thought it was best not to spread gossip with no official source, because that kind of thing would be so hurtful to the family if it turned out not to be true Now it's been said elsewhere though, I personally have to say I believe it's true though and it would explain a lot. Hopefully they will work something out though - lots of couples/families have problems, but come out of them stronger and better for it
Heck - back from an impromptu evening out and find this? M seems to confirm it in GM...
Herdwick is offline  
post #68 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdwick View Post
Heck - back from an impromptu evening out and find this? M seems to confirm it in GM...
Yes he does But - like I said - it wouldn't be the first time that a couple had problems and came through them stronger than before,- so I hope this will be the case - however true the "rumours" actually are. From what I heard they're not actually separating at this stage anyway - he had an affair, but she doesn't want to split, she wants to work through it and stay together - and they're trying to find a way

AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline  
post #69 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered User
 
Herdwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,342
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

True but poor Nole - awful for him. He doesn't need this...
Herdwick is offline  
post #70 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,769
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdwick View Post
True but poor Nole - awful for him. He doesn't need this...
Oh man, this is the last thing he needs right now . Nole stay strong.
Alex999 is offline  
post #71 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,223
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Hopefully the news about his parents are not true. Not only would it impact Novak's tennis, but Marko and especially Djorde are still young and a divorce is never good news for children.

PAW Career High: 1

Winner:2012 Madrid, 2011 Rome, 2009 Delray Beach, Montreal 2008 Toronto, 2007 New Haven, 2005 St. Petersburg

TT Singles Career High: 7
TT Doubles Career High: 4


Singles Winner: 2010 Bucharest, 2007 Indian Wells
Doubles Winner: 2012 San Jose, Queens (w/hallso) 2011 Los Angeles (w/hallso)
njnetswill is offline  
post #72 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Registered User
 
smileitsmyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL.
Age: 28
Posts: 95
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
The poster marc23 posted it on GM this afternoon(the Nole Motivation thread I think), and Misha kind of backed it up.

Must admit I had heard rumours before now - mainly because of Alex having family in Serbia etc, and other friends I have there - but I never said anything here, because no one really knows if the tabloid press is telling the truth or not - so I thought it was best not to spread gossip with no official source, because that kind of thing would be so hurtful to the family if it turned out not to be true Now it's been said elsewhere though, I personally have to say I believe it's true though and it would explain a lot. Hopefully they will work something out though - lots of couples/families have problems, but come out of them stronger and better for it
geez when I read that, I was actually thinking that maybe it was just somebody being cheeky but then quite a reputable poster confirmed it and now you have so I guess there can't be smoke without fire. It really does explain the way he's been recently and I feel even worse for him now I really hope that for the sake of their children, they work on their marriage and their family.
smileitsmyan is offline  
post #73 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Registered User
 
kalisita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,487
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

The draw is out. http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medi...8_original.PDF

Nole is in Nadal's half. His 1R opponent is Robby Ginepri. Murray is in Nadal's quarter, which is good. But, for some reason I have bad feeling about Ginepri. The rest of the quarter isn't too bad, with Nalbandian being the second highest seed in the quarter. Hope he does well!
kalisita is offline  
post #74 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:18 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

Don't worry about Robbi, he will self implode.
Lee is offline  
post #75 of 1494 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Registered User
 
kalisita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,487
                     
Re: Going for the Gold in Beijing-- Novak at the Olympics!

I forgot about him playing doubles. He and Zimonjic are actually the 2nd seeds and will take on Damm and Vizner of Czech Rep. I kinda feel bad for Nenad since he's so good at doubles and doesn't have a partner to match. I think Damm and Vizner are a tough 1R opponent too. I hope they do well.
kalisita is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome