Grass Season 2009 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,841
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Thanks for sharing!
Didn't expect that combo at all
Hopefully Marc will take a new pic of us with Arno... Last year he did, because there was no other person around I'd trusted enough to hand over my camera

Kezzi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009



I'm still following Roland Garros, that sounds a bit weird for me to think grass period has come... yeah, I don't want to see these tournaments, it's too soon ! Just a pity wimbledon is 2/3 weeks after RG...

"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline  
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,836
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

I'm wondering with whom he will team up in Wim if he plays of course cos he changes his partner each tournament and seems having totally stop to play with Micka.
Micka plays double with Bennet in Queens the week before while he isn't in the entry list of Rosmalen. Since their title in Marseille Arno&Micka no more play together maybe there are others reasons than the injuries and the DC plan cos in a way it's a bit strange now

I think the grass season will be quite frightened to follow with all the points to defend
soulage is offline  
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,836
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Halle is starting

He draws Jurgen Melzer first round. It could have been more easy but also more tough. They're 1-1 in the Head to Head.

Arno & his new buddy Rainer draw Santoro & Serra. Funny he plays against an all french team he could speak french during the match even it's with his opponents lol.
soulage is offline  
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,841
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Thanks, I'm soooo looking forward to going
(And asking him why he chose to team up with Rainer )

Kezzi is offline  
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
(And asking him why he chose to team up with Rainer )
= no choice, I think
We all know his "love" of foreign languages, maybe he hided his perfect command of german from us

"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline  
post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,841
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Who knows
If he did hide it very well, that means I don't need to learn French anymore to communicate properly with him

Kezzi is offline  
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,836
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Tomorrow Arno plays on court 1 at noon so no livestream but anyway it's at the lunch time . Good luck ! Later in the afternoon he will play with Rainer.

Arno watching Rainer vs Gicquel


Last edited by soulage; 06-08-2009 at 05:42 PM.
soulage is offline  
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 AM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

Arno & his new buddy Rainer draw Santoro & Serra. Funny he plays against an all french team he could speak french during the match even it's with his opponents lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
= no choice, I think
We all know his "love" of foreign languages, maybe he hided his perfect command of german from us


maybe rainer actually knows french! anyhow it'll be a big ask for them to talk and not let their opponents hear them. so kezzi you'll be going on tuesday? so good for you!

i only got to see highlights from the men's final at RG last night. i'm very out of tennis at the moment. but if anyone's interested in the beijing tournament in october... i hope i can be your rep there
Via is offline  
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,836
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Loss 6-1/3-6/2-6

According the stats it seems that after the first set he was no more able to hit first serve only 35% in second set . Well it's a pity to win so easily the first set to finally lost.
The grass season could be a nightmare this year . He needs a serve and a very good draw to save his spot in # 100 now.
soulage is offline  
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 42
Posts: 33
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Loss 6-1/3-6/2-6

According the stats it seems that after the first set he was no more able to hit first serve only 35% in second set . Well it's a pity to win so easily the first set to finally lost.
As usual...
Cerise is offline  
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,836
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

He was only broken one time in the second with that % To be honest i'm sure Melzer played poorly at the beginning of the match making many faults and after he has surely been more solid giving no more points to Arno but that's true that this awful stats doesn't help him.

I will do some points projection this evening to see how could be his ranking after Wim.

Last edited by soulage; 06-09-2009 at 01:52 PM.
soulage is offline  
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:43 PM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He was only broken one time in the second with that % To be honest i'm sure Melzer played poorly at the beginning of the match making many faults and after he has surely been more solid giving no more points to Arno but that's true that this awful stats doesn't help him.

I will do some points projection this evening to see how could be his ranking after Wim.
points projection... assuming he'll lose every first round?

sorry have to ask - had his serve been this bad in the clay season?
Via is offline  
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,836
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
points projection... assuming he'll lose every first round?
Yes of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
sorry have to ask - had his serve been this bad in the clay season?
Well, it's very up & down. In the A0 against Stakhovky he won a set with under 30% of first set for exemple. On clay he made some good matches on serve in Barcelona especially. It's not regular as in this match 65% in the first & 35% in the second .
For sure it's a problem but as there were no livestream i don't for today cos he won many points on second serve = 62% while he won 61% on first so in a way it was better to serve second ball lol. I think he's not enough agressiv many times but as we won modern tennis is very powerful so it more tough for arno.

Rain has interrupted the double. They're one set & a break up.



Edit Doubles match is finished they won 63 62 losing only 8 points on their serves. Next round against Kas&Kohli.

Last edited by soulage; 06-09-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: double result
soulage is offline  
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 AM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Yes of course


Well, it's very up & down. In the A0 against Stakhovky he won a set with under 30% of first set for exemple. On clay he made some good matches on serve in Barcelona especially. It's not regular as in this match 65% in the first & 35% in the second .
For sure it's a problem but as there were no livestream i don't for today cos he won many points on second serve = 62% while he won 61% on first so in a way it was better to serve second ball lol. I think he's not enough agressiv many times but as we won modern tennis is very powerful so it more tough for arno.

Rain has interrupted the double. They're one set & a break up.



Edit Doubles match is finished they won 63 62 losing only 8 points on their serves. Next round against Kas&Kohli.
thanks

lol hurray for rainer!!!
Via is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome