Grass season 2008 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,839
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

A veterans match

I don't know what to think Bjorkman does nothing this year (too old ? ) but Arnaud is also unpredictable . 50/50 I says.

In doubles, It seems to be not a tough round but
soulage is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

I'd say 60/40 Bjorkman, Bjorkman always is able to make a good match on grass, it's his surface.
I don't see arnaud win a single in grand slam this year, I don't know why... it would be a miracle.


ps: I can't wait for kezzi's reports and pics. I hope she enjoyed the tournament.

"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline  
post #78 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,839
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I'd say 60/40 Bjorkman, Bjorkman always is able to make a good match on grass, it's his surface.
I don't see arnaud win a single in grand slam this year, I don't know why... it would be a miracle.


ps: I can't wait for kezzi's reports and pics. I hope she enjoyed the tournament.
Maybe 60 / 50. I said 50 / 50 because of the last results of Jonas. Since few month his ranking dropped down. But, of course, it's his surface and he often well play in Wimbledon And by the way he can still well play on one match mostly if Arnaud helps him as he likes to do with his opponents And I'm sure that's a win against Jonas won't be easy because nothing is easy for Arnaud

I don't know if he'll win a match in a GS this year but it's maybe one of his last opportunities Probably qualification to play for USO and for next year ?
soulage is offline  
post #79 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered User
 
higherlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 701
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
ps: I can't wait for kezzi's reports and pics. I hope she enjoyed the tournament.
Yeah, Kezzi, where are you?
higherlaw is offline  
post #80 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered User
 
Hangdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 1,408
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Nice draw Should be an interesting match!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Maybe 60 / 50. I said 50 / 50 because of the last results of Jonas. Since few month his ranking dropped down. But, of course, it's his surface and he often well play in Wimbledon And by the way he can still well play on one match mostly if Arnaud helps him as he likes to do with his opponents And I'm sure that's a win against Jonas won't be easy because nothing is easy for Arnaud

I don't know if he'll win a match in a GS this year but it's maybe one of his last opportunities Probably qualification to play for USO and for next year ?
I suppose the "one of the last opportunities" thing suits to Bjorkman's case as well, especially considering his age. But I think you're right, on paper Arnaud is a slight favorite. The problem is that at the moment it's so hard to imagine Arnaud winning a match...

"Those who are skilful and really the best ones don't have a bad luck [reasons of their falls are in themselves only]." - Ole Einar Bjørndalen, who is not just best of the best; he can do everything.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline  
post #81 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
Yeah, Kezzi, where are you?
I'm sorry
The pictures will come tomorrow together with my small report
My teachers had more comments on my graduation report than I expected, so I had to work a lot on it this week to improve, before turning it in.
But on Thursday I found out I can't even graduate this year, because of a stupid rule for retaking an exam in the last year, so I still have untill February to improve my report again if it still isn't good enough.
I have more time now, hopefully now it's enough to pass and the only thing I will have to do next year is that stupid retake. I failed with 0.3 points

Kezzi is offline  
post #82 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 40
Posts: 36
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

I hope that Arnaud will be able to leave himself this difficult season and even if I have doubts into simple, I hope that in double with Mika he will arrive has go far in Wimbledon, like last year!

my friend said that : a French journalist present at St'Hertogenbosch he would have to request from Arnaud news of his private life and Arnaud would have answered " It's nice you worry about my personal life, but all is well! I haven't anything other to say!

failing this to be happy in tennis, he is happy in love!
sandy83S is offline  
post #83 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered User
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 6,073
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

I'm happy for him.
But I'd like to be happy for a big win, for example... lol

"A la base, nous les Français, sommes les champions du monde des râleurs. J'ai l'impression qu'être français, c'est un peu un handicap pour être le meilleur dans ton sport.
Pour faire du sport de haut niveau, d'autres mentalités sont plus propices".

Guy Forget
Marine is offline  
post #84 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 55
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Glad to learn that Mr Leroy is happy
Did anyone notice that the journalists of sport365.fr call him " le compagnon de Nolwenn Leroy " in their articles ? It's a bit stupid, how many fans of sports know who is Nolwenn Leroy ?

Last edited by barbottin; 06-22-2008 at 09:42 PM.
barbottin is offline  
post #85 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Well, my Sunday was busier than expected, but here are a few pics. I couldn't let my fellow Arno fans wait any longer
I also have to crop a few pictures, but I will do that this week and upload all my pics on photobucket I'm a photoshop newbie, so I was already happy when I found out it can automatically resize and label
Usually I did that one pic at the time

Don't know when exactly the rest of the pics will be uploaded, because I have a birthday tomorrow and also some exams this week, but the report will come tomorrow evening for sure!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06850.JPG (52.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06913.JPG (45.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06918.JPG (60.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07059.JPG (48.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07123.JPG (57.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07141.JPG (45.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07149.JPG (41.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07170.JPG (49.0 KB, 11 views)


Last edited by Kezzi; 06-22-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Kezzi is offline  
post #86 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 PM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Well, my Sunday was busier than expected, but here are a few pics. I couldn't let my fellow Arno fans wait any longer
I also have to crop a few pictures, but I will do that this week and upload all my pics on photobucket I'm a photoshop newbie, so I was already happy when I found out it can automatically resize and label
Usually I did that one pic at the time

Don't know when exactly the rest of the pics will be uploaded, because I have a birthday tomorrow and also some exams this week, but the report will come tomorrow evening for sure!
happy birthday kezzi

thanks for the pics. looks like you had got hold of him at a practice

i still do one pic at a time!
Via is offline  
post #87 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Registered User
 
higherlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 701
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

So, if the contest between Jonas and Arnaud was based on fans, followers and posters on MTF, Arnaud would win! The last post on Jonas' forum was on April 21!!
hurray to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbottin View Post
Glad to learn that Mr Leroy is happy
Did anyone notice that the journalists of sport365.fr call him " le compagnon de Nolwenn Leroy " in their articles ? It's a bit stupid, how many fans of sports know who is Nolwenn Leroy ?
Mr. Leroy! Maybe now he knows how Bruno feels...le frere de Arnaud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Well, my Sunday was busier than expected, but here are a few pics. I couldn't let my fellow Arno fans wait any longer
I also have to crop a few pictures, but I will do that this week and upload all my pics on photobucket I'm a photoshop newbie, so I was already happy when I found out it can automatically resize and label
Usually I did that one pic at the time

Don't know when exactly the rest of the pics will be uploaded, because I have a birthday tomorrow and also some exams this week, but the report will come tomorrow evening for sure!
Thanks for the pictures and I look forward to more (and more info). Happy birthday; don't let exams ruin your day
higherlaw is offline  
post #88 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered User
 
deanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,503
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Nice pictures. Thanks Kezzi

Tommy Robredo


.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline  
post #89 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,839
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Second match on court 11 tomorrow.

Bjorkman annonced he will retire at the end of the season, it's his last Wimbledon maybe a present from Arnaud for the occasion : he will let Jonas win

PS : I'm watching Llodra - Ancic and Micka is injured, he plays very slowly

Last edited by soulage; 06-23-2008 at 06:03 PM.
soulage is offline  
post #90 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered User
 
Hangdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 1,408
                     
Re: Grass season 2008

Thanks for the pictures, Kezzi!!! Arnaud does look happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Bjorkman annonced he will retire at the end of the season, it's his last Wimbledon maybe a present from Arnaud for the occasion : he will let Jonas win
But he'd rather not!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
PS : I'm watching Llodra - Ancic and Micka is injured, he plays very slowly
Hope nothing too serious On scoreboard it looks less frightening.

"Those who are skilful and really the best ones don't have a bad luck [reasons of their falls are in themselves only]." - Ole Einar Bjørndalen, who is not just best of the best; he can do everything.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome