Open 13 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
The transports are very good in paris, and the last metros go at 0.00 .
Marseille's metro is not important, people take car or bus.
I can't drive and I don't get the timetables for the bus here
The guy at the tourist office also couldn't tell me, so I take the metro
But today I discovered they go until 0:30 at friday, saturday and sunday and they have a bike system like in Paris. It's just not really clear where all those 'checkpoints' are, because we just bump into them sometimes and it's not really explained in English.

Kezzi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Thierry Champion ?
I don't know who that is, but I asked Thierry Tulasne after Gilles' match

Kezzi is offline  
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Via is offline  
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

I just emailed something to Higherlaw, I copied it from my mail and additions & pics will come when I'm back home sunday

We're going to do sight seeing in the city tomorow, because I've never been to such a boring tournament before. You have to go outside to go to court 1 and that court is even smaller than centre court at the Aachen Challenger. The OOP is also very unlogical, today there were 2 doubles scheduled for the evening, but not with an exact time. So we asked when they started and they told us at about 7-8 pm. That really wasn't possible, because Simon had to play his singles at centre at 7 pm. And according to those people he had to start his doubles at the same time, I told them it wasn't possible, but they said it was, because it was scheduled at different courts. But hey, Simon can't split himself in half, can he? After that doubles match was another scheduled and matches should be finished at midnight. The weird thing being that all day court 1 was closed! We left after Simon's match, because we didn't feel like waiting for the doubles to start. The last metro/bus goes back around 0:00, so we couldn't see the two doubles.
There is also nothing else to do in between matches, access to the lounge, bar, village, etc is only for VIP tickets. Training courts are nowhere to be found near the tournament. Waiting for players at that door was also a little useless, we saw Simon arriving and Murray leaving, so in a whole afternoon only 2 players! When we walked back to centre court we saw Youzhny getting out of a car and Mahut leaving. But Youzhny really was eager to get inside and Mahut was flirting with a girl, so we didn't bother those two.

That was about it for the day. I tried to ask Thierry Tulasne after Gilles' match if he knew someting about Arno and Bruno coming to the tournament tomorrow, but the only thing he could tell me was that Arno has a "bad foot". I guess he will be with his parents lying on the couch and get his mummy to bring him cookies and milk, lol.

That was the email, I decided I will never go here for the tournament if it isn't sure that Arno is still here also

Kezzi is offline  
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I just emailed something to Higherlaw, I copied it from my mail and additions & pics will come when I'm back home sunday

We're going to do sight seeing in the city tomorow, because I've never been to such a boring tournament before. You have to go outside to go to court 1 and that court is even smaller than centre court at the Aachen Challenger. The OOP is also very unlogical, today there were 2 doubles scheduled for the evening, but not with an exact time. So we asked when they started and they told us at about 7-8 pm. That really wasn't possible, because Simon had to play his singles at centre at 7 pm. And according to those people he had to start his doubles at the same time, I told them it wasn't possible, but they said it was, because it was scheduled at different courts. But hey, Simon can't split himself in half, can he? After that doubles match was another scheduled and matches should be finished at midnight. The weird thing being that all day court 1 was closed! We left after Simon's match, because we didn't feel like waiting for the doubles to start. The last metro/bus goes back around 0:00, so we couldn't see the two doubles.
There is also nothing else to do in between matches, access to the lounge, bar, village, etc is only for VIP tickets. Training courts are nowhere to be found near the tournament. Waiting for players at that door was also a little useless, we saw Simon arriving and Murray leaving, so in a whole afternoon only 2 players! When we walked back to centre court we saw Youzhny getting out of a car and Mahut leaving. But Youzhny really was eager to get inside and Mahut was flirting with a girl, so we didn't bother those two.

That was about it for the day. I tried to ask Thierry Tulasne after Gilles' match if he knew someting about Arno and Bruno coming to the tournament tomorrow, but the only thing he could tell me was that Arno has a "bad foot". I guess he will be with his parents lying on the couch and get his mummy to bring him cookies and milk, lol.

That was the email, I decided I will never go here for the tournament if it isn't sure that Arno is still here also
all i can say is.......

but sorry for your misfortunes

i don't quite understand why you (and others) are still expecting arnaud to be coming to the tournament, when he isn't playing... doesn't he have anything better to do?

btw, i always get all mixed up with the thierry's... why are all middle aged frenchmen called thierry? lol

one last edit... that's why i always try to attend the first few days, even the qualifying weekend. that way you're guaranteed to find everyone. i don't care so much for the 'best-quality' tennis at the later stages, i can see that at home.

Last edited by Via; 02-15-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Via is offline  
post #51 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered User
 
higherlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 701
                     
Re: Open 13

If I ever win the lottery, I'll pay for "us regulars" to all meet at a grand slam!!
higherlaw is offline  
post #52 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 PM
country flag Via
Registered User
 
Via's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,189
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
If I ever win the lottery, I'll pay for "us regulars" to all meet at a grand slam!!
lol just try not to make that melbourne... you can't find anyone among the huge crowds
Via is offline  
post #53 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
all i can say is.......

but sorry for your misfortunes

i don't quite understand why you (and others) are still expecting arnaud to be coming to the tournament, when he isn't playing... doesn't he have anything better to do?

btw, i always get all mixed up with the thierry's... why are all middle aged frenchmen called thierry? lol

one last edit... that's why i always try to attend the first few days, even the qualifying weekend. that way you're guaranteed to find everyone. i don't care so much for the 'best-quality' tennis at the later stages, i can see that at home.
I don't expect Arno to be there for the whole day, but it's his home tournament, he can come and cheer for fellow Frenchies every once in a while Or maybe walk in a few minutes to make his fans happy

Don't know, I guess it was a popular name at that time But when I say Thierry, you're almost certain it's Tulasne. After Bruno he's my fav coach

I also try do attend qualies and the first few days, but this week it wasn't possible. I had 2 tests on tuesday and wednesday, if I didn't do them I had to stay at this school for another year just to do these 2 tests

edit: I thought of it and I think that if this tournament had more things to do apart from watching tennis, it would also be more interesting for players to stay there. In Rotterdam the players play the things in the kids village a lot and just walk around to look at everything.
Last year Djokovic and some others were playing Padl all the time, it was really fun to watch

And for those wondering, I don't think this is a boring tournament just because Arno isn't here anymore. I just expected more from a tournament this size, it says something when a challenger is much more fun than this But maybe I'm spoiled with 's-Hertogenbosch, Rotterdam, Düsseldorf and Halle every year


Last edited by Kezzi; 02-16-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Kezzi is offline  
post #54 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
If I ever win the lottery, I'll pay for "us regulars" to all meet at a grand slam!!
Me too!

Kezzi is offline  
post #55 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
lol just try not to make that melbourne... you can't find anyone among the huge crowds
If I win it'll be Roland Garros or Wimbledon

Kezzi is offline  
post #56 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Registered User
 
higherlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 701
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
If I win it'll be Roland Garros or Wimbledon
I know that was kind of from left field, huh ? I was looking up prices for DC and came across some all-inclusive trips to Grand Slams which seemed like fun, but expensive. Well, we should make it to all Slams and then IW (since you mentioned that one, Via).

Well, Kezzi, keep trying to have a good time!
higherlaw is offline  
post #57 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered User
 
kiwi10is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,415
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
If I ever win the lottery, I'll pay for "us regulars" to all meet at a grand slam!!
groundtickets for Roland Garros are not that expensive...
kiwi10is is offline  
post #58 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 55
                     
Re: Open 13

He withdrew from Besançon because he needs ten days off to recover from his injury http://www.lalsace.fr/articles/show/id/167259
And I was right when I said that Arnaud would be in Paris for Valentine's day, officially it was to see the doctor ( they don't have good doctors in Marseille ?? )
barbottin is offline  
post #59 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered User
 
Truc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 17,349
                     
Re: Open 13

Well, Montalvan apparently is the only doctor in France who is good enough for the French tennis players, so if Montalvan is in Paris, they come from Aix-en-Provence and Neuchâtel just to see him, it seems.
Truc is offline  
post #60 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered User
 
Kezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Duncanville
Posts: 18,842
                     
Re: Open 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
I know that was kind of from left field, huh ? I was looking up prices for DC and came across some all-inclusive trips to Grand Slams which seemed like fun, but expensive. Well, we should make it to all Slams and then IW (since you mentioned that one, Via).

Well, Kezzi, keep trying to have a good time!
Ofcourse, why didn't I think of that. If one wins the lottery it must be enough to go to all Slams

Ofcourse, we went for a walk through the city yesterday and we made friends with a guy from the tourist office And at the tournament friday I saw Gilles and had a laugh with Andy Murray and one of his people They are really funny, never really expected that.
But as far as the tournament itself goes, never again unless Arno is there for sure

Kezzi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome