Re: Could Andy be British No.1 this week?
my friend has just emailed this to me (confusing but hopefully correct!):
Tim 745 (= 815 - 75 (PTD) + 5 (19th best))
... and if Tim loses to Thomas Johansson in R1, he will drop from GB no. 1 to GB no. 3 at the end of next week, even if Greg and Andy both lose too.
For Tim to end the week back ahead of Greg, he must:
- reach the QFs if Greg loses in R1
- reach the SFs and get one round further than Greg if Greg gets past R1
For Tim to end the week back ahead of Andy, he must:
- get one round further in Rotterdam than Andy does in Memphis
For Andy to leapfrog both Tim and Greg to become GB no. 1 in a week's time, he must satisfy all of the following:
- reach at least the QFs
- win at least one more match than Greg does
- go out no more than one round earlier than Tim
"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong