For those who don't understand Spanish, here is a summary of that Olé article.
- Mariano will put an end to an inactivity of almost seven months by playing the Challenger in Zagreb next week.
- Asked about his expectations, he says that he wants to play as well as possible. He thinks he is physically and tennis-wise good enough to play two more years on a high level. That's what motivates him to keep on going and practicing.
- The things he didn't miss while being out of the circuit were the travels. He enjoyed spending time in Tandil with family, novia, nieces, nephews and friends.
- Then he tells about the injury in Monte Carlo, his comeback and good results on the clay in summer, his knee surgery and comeback in Australia. His knee kept hurting and he was frustrated and sick of going to the kinesiologist. He forgot about everything, ranking, etc.
- Now he wants to try to play competition again. He does it happily, content. If it works out, then good, if not, bad luck.
- Mariano travels with his friend Ramiro Sixto as coach (for those who don't know him, he is the funny guy who travelled with Mariano and Juan Monaco last year to Bastad, Stuttgart, Kitz, etc)
- Mariano hopes for an exception in the protected ranking rule, since he had to retire in Australia (he hopes this match doesn't count), but he isn't too hopeful.
- His goal is to end the year on the best ranking position as possible in order to be able to start the year 2007 "a full"
- He mentions that he hasn't played so many challengers for 10 years, but that he is motivated to play them. It won't be easy, because these guys play on a very high level and give their lives on the court.
- Mariano's right ellbow still hurts a little bit, but it doesn't worry him too much, he has been through worse.
- Mariano's new coach is Mariano Hood. They worked together the last 5 weeks, twice a day. The most important goal was to motivate Mariano to play tennis again. The target for the next few weeks is to get match practice and to get used to the tournament rhythm. Mariano Hood can't travel with his pupil until October because of his doping ban.
- Mariano's planned tournament schedule for the next weeks is: Zagreb Challenger, Roland Garros qualys, Lugano Challenger, Braunschweig Challenger, Reggio Emilia Challenger, Biella Challenger, Bastad, Stuttgart, Kitzbühel and Sopot.
Good luck to Mariano in Zagreb and hopefully his health will let him play all those planned tournaments this summer