Get Your Gasquetaires Slogan and Introduce Yourself in HERE!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Registered User
 
Daniela_CABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 32
Posts: 2,000
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Are we all settled on Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires then?
I like the Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires thing, but I don't like the number idea, maybe we could add a phrase (slogan) next to Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires and our signatures would look all the same, without numbers just my opinion

ARGENTINA


______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*


TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 04:13 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,394
                     
Re: Slogan?

I agree with you!
Cindy19 is offline  
post #33 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,905
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atenea
I like the Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires thing, but I don't like the number idea, maybe we could add a phrase (slogan) next to Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires and our signatures would look all the same, without numbers just my opinion
We could do both actually. What could we add to make it a phrase?
silverwhite is offline  
post #34 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered User
 
*julie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,471
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
We could do both actually. What could we add to make it a phrase?
I like the idea of Delsa which is the slogan of the Musketeers: 'un pour tous tous pour un' which means 'one for all, all for one'... maybe we could change it into 'Gasquet for all, all for Gasquet'... Stop me if that doesn't make sense or sounds bad...

Other thing: would it be better to name it 'Gasketeers' rather than 'Gasqueteers'? which one sounds better?

Last edited by *julie*; 09-25-2005 at 01:26 PM.
*julie* is offline  
post #35 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,905
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
I like the idea of Delsa which is the slogan of the Musketeers: 'un pour tous tous pour un' which means 'one for all, all for one'... maybe we could change it into 'Gasquet for all, all for Gasquet'... Stop me if that doesn't make sense or sounds bad...

Other thing: would it be better to name it 'Gasketeers' rather than 'Gasqueteers'? which one sounds better?
"Gasquet for all, all for Gasquet" sounds a little too long, IMO (like a tongue twister ). What about sticking to the original Musketeers slogan? "Gasqueteers: one for all, all for one" or "Gasqueteer #_: one for all, all for one" (depending on whether you want the number or not)?

Gasqueteers and Gasketeers would sound the same, but I personally prefer the first one because it looks closer to Richard's name.

Last edited by silverwhite; 09-25-2005 at 01:56 PM.
silverwhite is offline  
post #36 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 6
 
Re: Slogan?

Hey I'm new here but I like the thought of calling myself a Gasqueteers (or gasketeers, I don't really care. maybe the last one is better for the english speakers). And I like the idea of "one for all, all for one". I'm sure all the frenchies will like this slogan as it is a cultural thing in france (the musketeers, alexandre Dumas, d'Arthagnan...). Maybe we could add the two, the gasketeers thing, plus the slogan. I'm fine with the number too. This could give something like that:


GASQUETEERS N° _

GASQUET FOR ALL, ALL FOR GASQUET

I like Delsa's idea of the name too. Mine would be Athos, I think. Well, basically, I think all the ideas were great. Whatever you will choose, I'm sure it's going to be great, and I will follow that.
plassais is offline  
post #37 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered User
 
delsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,963
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Sounds a little too long. What about "Gasqueteers: one for all, all for one" or "Gasqueteer #_: one for all, all for one" (depending on whether you want the number or not)?
I don't know what to think. I like both Gasqueteer #_: "All for one and one for all" and "Gasquet for all and all for Gasquet"
I'll let the others choose. Maybe instead of numbers we could have fake categories/honorary ranks or something since there is the notion of a military thing in the term "Musketeer"? If it's a bad suggestion, let's forget it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Gasqueteers and Gasketeers would sound the same, but I personally prefer the first one because it looks closer to Richard's name.
I prefer the first option too for the same reason.

Last edited by delsa; 09-25-2005 at 02:08 PM.
delsa is offline  
post #38 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered User
 
*julie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,471
                     
Re: Slogan?

So here are all the possibilities:
For the name:
- Gasqueteers # (number)
- Gasqueteers + a category
or Gasqueteers without anything
For the slogan
-'One for all, all for one'
-'Un pour tous, tous pour un'
-'Gasquet for all, all for one'
-'Richie for all, all for Richie' (another one I am thinking about...)
...maybe there will be other suggestions and maybe we should make a poll
*julie* is offline  
post #39 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,905
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
I don't know what to think. I like both Gasqueteer #_: "All for one and one for all" and "Gasquet for all and all for Gasquet"
I'll let the others choose. Maybe instead of numbers we could have fake categories/honorary ranks or something since there is the notion of a military thing in the term "Musketeer"? If it's a bad suggestion, let's forget it...


I prefer the first option too for the same reason.
The reason why I prefer "one for all and all for one" is because "Gasquet for all and all for Gasquet" is a little too long (like a tongue-twister ). It's not the same number of syllables and not the same "rhythm" as the original, if you know what I mean. Usually when you play on a particular phrase or word, you try to make it sound as similar to the original as possible.
silverwhite is offline  
post #40 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered User
 
*julie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,471
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
The reason why I prefer "one for all and all for one" is because "Gasquet for all and all for Gasquet" is a little too long (like a tongue-twister ). It's not the same number of syllables and not the same "rhythm" as the original, if you know what I mean. Usually when you play on a particular phrase or word, you try to make it sound as similar to the original as possible.
That's true.
So why not "Rich' for all, all for Rich'"? the rythm would be better than 2 syllables words indeed...
*julie* is offline  
post #41 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,905
                     
Re: Slogan?

I still prefer the original "one for all, all for one". But that's just me.

What do the others think?
silverwhite is offline  
post #42 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered User
 
*julie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,471
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I still prefer the original "one for all, all for one". But that's just me.

What do the others think?
We should make a poll I think...
*julie* is offline  
post #43 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,905
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
We should make a poll I think...
I guess I don't really like the sound of "Rich for all, all for Rich" because it doesn't sound like the original enough. Puns usually sound somewhat like the original (eg. Gasqueteers sounds like Musketeers).

Sorry. I know I'm very fussy. Apologies.
silverwhite is offline  
post #44 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered User
 
*julie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,471
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite

Sorry. I know I'm very fussy. Apologies.
Don't be sorry... I am fussy too. I am just making suggestions...It's good to have your point of view
*julie* is offline  
post #45 of 615 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered User
 
delsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,963
                     
Re: Slogan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I still prefer the original "one for all, all for one". But that's just me.

What do the others think?
Let's first settle the right translation: is it known as "one for all, all for one" in English or as "All for one and one for all" as i thought?

Then: I must admit i agree we should keep the original untouched. It's more "classy". But i understand why Julie wants a mention of Richard somewhere in the slogan. So we could add a little something to it maybe?
delsa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome