*0* Fans Pix *0* - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,394
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

@DaNieLa; My mum hates football too. she gets mad when my father and i are cheer for the good goals. Yesterday, i was watching CHina football team against Korea, she nearly killed me! because i shouted loudly, and also my father did it too...maybe my mum needs a talk with your mother...haha

@Aleksa's Laydee!!! Michael Owen, my fav English player!!!

@silverwhite: omg, you are guy too?
Cindy19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,909
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atenea
yes!!! another football lover!
She's from England, what do you expect?

No offence!
silverwhite is offline  
post #108 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Registered User
 
girL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moscow
Age: 28
Posts: 534
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

hEY! I'm a big football fan, too!

Marat >>> all the others


Andy Roddick*Richard Gasquet*Dima Tursunov
girL_ is offline  
post #109 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,394
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

I know Mrs Safin!!
Morienters!!! haha
Cindy19 is offline  
post #110 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Registered User
 
delsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,963
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

I used to adore football now i just like it without following it very well.
That's kind of surprising that only the guys here hate it. I really like the game itself when it's well played it's a joy to watch (no weak European Championships like the French one... Only the four 'primadonas' (Spain's Liga, Italia's Serie A, Germany's Bundesliga and the English Premierleague...) and the few South American matches i can rarely watch on tv...)
But i hate what the atmoshpere around footbal is becoming with cheating, no more fair-play and even violence between supporters (and between players...), too much money involved, "mercenaries" players changing of clubs every season without any love for one jersey any more (so there are no "golden generations" or "dinasties" anymore with players who play in the same team for all their carreer, mark the team with their personal style, make the legend of a club etc...), it's rare to find a team with a true very caracterisitc game style anymore or at least as recognizable as some teams had before, there are stupid extreme political groups (often fascists or racists...) using football's popularity to get some attention with their "support" and "bad behaviour" in stadiums too...
Football is loosing its soul, victim of its own success and it's painful to watch the sport self-destruct basically but again when it's well played, that's just fantastic (i still prefer rugby...)! International competitions (WCs, Euros, CAN etc...) and the major clubs competitions still are great IMHO (the two CL, some matches of the UEFA Cup...) even if some years/seasons are to be forgotten because of how boring they were...
Why do Deflori and Silverwhite hate football?

Last edited by delsa; 08-01-2005 at 02:39 PM.
delsa is offline  
post #111 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Registered User
 
Suzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In a secret shack with my many men :p
Age: 29
Posts: 21,868
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

I luv football as well

Avid Fan of:

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline  
post #112 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Paris
Posts: 55,909
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Why do Deflori and Silverwhite hate football?
I think it's a majorly overhyped sport. In Singapore, almost everyone is football crazy, and most of these people are bandwagon hoppers who join in just because many other people like the sport. It is crazy how much football overshadows the other sports. TV coverage, government subsidies, media attention are too focused on football, IMO, which is not justified since we haven't been producing any results in the sport. Badminton and table tennis, I can understand, since we've produced top 10 players there, but football... Basically, other more deserving sports like tennis are deprived by the focus on football.

I personally find the game very boring. Watching the players kicking the ball back and forth puts me to sleep. The only exciting moments are when goals are scored, which usually doesn't occur very often in a match.
silverwhite is offline  
post #113 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Registered User
 
delsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,963
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I think it's a majorly overhyped sport. In Singapore, almost everyone is football crazy, and most of these people are bandwagon hoppers who join in just because many other people like the sport. It is crazy how much football overshadows the other sports. TV coverage, government subsidies, media attention are too focused on football, IMO, which is not justified since we haven't been producing any results in the sport. Badminton and table tennis, I can understand, since we've produced top 10 players there, but football... Basically, other more deserving sports like tennis are deprived by the focus on football.
I understand the situation and i agree that it can tend to overshadow other sports without being justified in some place. But it's not over poor Silverwhite... People like Sepp Blater are really happy about your fellow Asians behaviour towards football when many of them like it just because it's the 'world number one sport' and because it's therefore overhyped... They see $$$$$ in all of that and want the game's popularity to expand and expand even more... (even if it means a kind of "destruction" of the sport in the end...God my English sucks past basic expressions...). That's why you see big European teams touring Asias getting welcome by teenage girls screaming, the same who are the first buyers of the very expensive European teams jerseys and all making a lot of their merchandising benefits etc...
They don't want it to stop here... Sadly for you, the "invasion" will continue, it seems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I personally find the game very boring. Watching the players kicking the ball back and forth puts me to sleep. The only exciting moments are when goals are scored, which usually doesn't occur very often in a match.
I know many ppl who think like you and there is no problem in not liking the game but really there is a lot more to football than kicking the ball back and forth and scoring goals...Except for someone who don't really know about it or didn't get the beauty there can be in it. It's partially true (and not even when i think again about it but well...never mind...) but it's like saying tennis is only about hitting a ball that an opponent behind a net hits back to you and make sure it stays in the limits of a rectangular field. It's partially true but there's a lot more to tennis than that and if we put it like this it shows we don't know about the game or are really blind to all its technicity etc... And football like tennis is a very technical sport which you can play professionaly only after practising it since childhood like tennis because you need to get as agile with your feet as if they were hands and bla bla bla...
Still i completely understand your opinion and i actually think exactly the same in front of a very bad match (then indeed only the goals are exciting and ...sometimes not even the goals... )!! But it's not because of football it's because of poor quality of play...

And i'm in overdose of football too because it's everywhere and it's getting "too much" but i still like it but watch only the "big" games...I don't have the time anyway (don't seems to be the case with the giant posts i'm posting lately but i'm on holidays and i'm bored for 2 hours a day... )

Sorry for the bad English and keeping being OT...

Last edited by delsa; 08-01-2005 at 06:53 PM.
delsa is offline  
post #114 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Registered User
 
Daniela_CABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 32
Posts: 2,000
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

I do understand what you say.
Here in Argentina, football is everything (except for my mum, )
I hate violence, and there's a lot of insecurity, sometimes I'm afraid that something happens to me on the street just because when I go to the stadium with my brother, he always wears Boca clothing and we have to travel a lot to get to the stadium (it's just an hour, but we take a train, metro, and a bus), it's not safe to go walking with your favorite club clothing on, it seems really absurd, but that's the way things are, and those are the things I hate about football. But I really enjoy the game, to be watching the classic match here (Boca vs. River) there on the stadium... is great, you scream, you suffer, you sing, you jump, you hurt your leg... sometimes
But yes, there's a lot of bad things about football but there's also a lot of excitement about the game...
what can I say... I'm a football lover

ARGENTINA


______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*


TOMÁŠ BERDYCH

Last edited by Atenea; 08-02-2005 at 03:45 AM.
Daniela_CABJ is offline  
post #115 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,394
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

Football is really popular in China. As you know, China football national team play so bad. But people don't care about that. We don't care the ruslt. enjoy the match, that's the most important thing!

My mum hates football. She thinks when i'm watching a football match with my dad, i look like a boy not a girl. She really hates that. My dad is a big fans.

anyway, tennis and football is my life...
Cindy19 is offline  
post #116 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,394
                     
Talking Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

My friend called this Chinese Kongfu!
http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scn06624xh.jpg

Last edited by Cindy19; 08-02-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Cindy19 is offline  
post #117 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Registered User
 
girL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moscow
Age: 28
Posts: 534
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

all of you are right. I agree, football tends to outshine all other kinds of sport (which are sometimes more interesting), and I feel a terrible lack of tennis on our TV here in Russia, while you can get football practically at each channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
And i'm in overdose of football too because it's everywhere and it's getting "too much" but i still like it but watch only the "big" games...
the same thing about me if I watched all the football which is shown on TV, I would spend about 16 hours a day in front of the telly I believe But I never miss the "must-see" matches like ChampLeague play-offs, UEFA Cup's finals, Euro and World Cups (besides, often a European or World Championship is soooo terrificly organised that it becomes a real show, holiday for everyone, that's why I dream to go to such forum one day )

speking about football in general, I like it because I actually see the aim of 22 healthy men running all over the field and fighting for one small ball ( in our country, there's a joke, like, whats the point of this game? give 'em 22 balls, and everyone will be happy ) I like when players show their prof. skills, make accurate passes, score beautiful goals, show dribbling and fints... ahh I really admire the GAME itself and it's amazing to see really classy players, but most of my guy friends at first don't believe that a girl can understand football. they think I watch it only because of the players and the whole match I'm expecting the moment when they pull off their shirts of show some skin geeez, guys, we girls aren't like you! And I'm not guilty that most of the really classy players are also hot

Marat >>> all the others


Andy Roddick*Richard Gasquet*Dima Tursunov
girL_ is offline  
post #118 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Registered User
 
casillas_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Antwerp
Age: 29
Posts: 3,244
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

I'm a Real Madrid fan too!!
I just love Iker Casillas!!!
casillas_girl is offline  
post #119 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered User
 
deflori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 768
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*


Hello Everybody!
I thought we are on a Tennisforum

Topspin is the way to hit
deflori is offline  
post #120 of 322 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,394
                     
Re: *0* Fans Pix *0*

Hehe!!!
German football new season is coming! i'm so exciting!

Hey casillas, welcome here! from your name!! hehe, iker!!! He is nice. my fav goal keeper is Kahn and Van Der Sar.
Cindy19 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome