Richie's 2009 Schedule - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Tess Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,335
                     
Richie's 2009 Schedule

Okay so I think we all agree we are looking forward to 09 I thought we'd post his schedule so we can look at all the great things we can look forward to! I've put the things here I thought he most likely is going to play, please correct me if I am wrong. And as we go along, we can add the tournaments he's going to be playing!


05/01/09 - Week 1: Brisbane International, Australia
12/01/09 - Week 2: Medibank International, Sydney
19/01/09 - Week 3: Australian Open
26/01/09 - Week 4: Australian Open
02/02/09 - Week 5:
09/02/09 - Week 6: Rotterdam, Netherlands
16/02/09 - Week 7: Open 13, Marseille, France
23/02/09 - Week 8: Dubai, UAE
02/03/09 - Week 9: Davis Cup vs Czech Republic
09/03/09 - Week 10: Indian Wells Masters
16/03/09 - Week 11: Indian Wells Masters
23/03/09 - Week 12: Miami Masters
30/03/09 - Week 13: Miami Masters
06/04/09 - Week 14:
13/04/09 - Week 15: Monte Carlo Masters
20/04/09 - Week 16: Barcelona, Spain
27/04/09 - Week 17: Rome Masters
04/05/09 - Week 18:
11/05/09 - Week 19:
18'05/09 - Week 20:
26/05/09 - Week 21:
01/06/09 - Week 22:
08/06/09 - Week 23:
15/06/09 - Week 24:
22/06/09 - Week 25:
29/06/09 - Week 26:
06/07/09 - Week 27:
13/07/09 - Week 28:
20/07/09 - Week 29:
27/07/09 - Week 30:
03/08/09 - Week 31:
10/07/09 - Week 32:
17/07/09 - Week 33:
24/08/09 - Week 34:
31/08/09 - Week 35: US Open
08/09/09 - Week 36: US Open
14/09/09 - Week 37:
21/09/09 - Week 38: Metz, France
28/09/09 - Week 39: Malaysian Open
05/10/09 - Week 40: Tokyo, Japan
12/10/09 - Week 41: Shanghai, China
19/10/09 - Week 42:
26/10/09 - Week 43: St. Petersburg, Russia
02/11/09 - Week 44: Basel, Switzerland
09/11/09 - Week 45: Bercy, Paris
16/11/09 - Week 46:
23/11/09 - Week 47:

Last edited by Tess Gray; 10-19-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Tess Gray is offline  
post #2 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered User
 
Brownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 2,157
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

Good idea Tess I'm pretty sure he's playing Sydney week 2.

GASQUET
SIMON|ANCIC
BERDYCH|KOHLSCHREIBER|SODERLING


Brownie is offline  
post #3 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,749
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

Is that Medibank? Wonder if he'll run into Servesitup again!!
reggie1 is offline  
post #4 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered User
 
Jozie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Johannesburg, RSA
Posts: 911
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/players

Your answer...

______________________________

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jozie is offline  
post #5 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
Brownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
Posts: 2,157
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

What is servesitup?

edit: Never mind, I know what you're talking about

GASQUET
SIMON|ANCIC
BERDYCH|KOHLSCHREIBER|SODERLING



Last edited by Brownie; 11-19-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Brownie is offline  
post #6 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Tess Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,335
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

It's in!

Who knows. I'm sure serves-it-up would come and tell us
Tess Gray is offline  
post #7 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 AM
OHBH DTL
 
tufani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,534
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

He sure gonna play Shanghai and Bercy (weeks 41 & 45) and Madrid ( week 19), 'cause these are mandatory events
Monte-Carlo (w. 15) is very likely as well - one of Richie's favourite tournies, though it's not mandatory anymore

And maybe no DC

Mathieu | Gasquet | Federer
Thiem | Pouille | Herbert

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline  
post #8 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 28
Posts: 9,871
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

I'd be happy if he skipped DC in 2009. Leave it to France's "true" hopes.

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline  
post #9 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered User
 
lisaplenske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,346
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

yes I think that it would be good for him to let his other friends from the french davis cup team to taste what it feels to play davis cup.Its their time now to take the responsabilities and I think they have the shoulders to that especially jo.
Richard will be able to focus on his results and game.
he's the fourth best french player now and I think its not a bad thing for him...

Allez!

GASQUET

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline  
post #10 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Tess Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,335
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

I think it'll be good for him to play DC. He gets to experience the fun side of it, without all the pressure! I'm actually hoping he's going to play it I look forward to it.

I also hope he's going to play either Rotterdam (a good chance, because it got upgraded to a "500" tournament ) or 's Herthogenbosch. Either one is fine. I want to see him play in person. The last time I saw him, was when he was 15
Tess Gray is offline  
post #11 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,695
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
yes I think that it would be good for him to let his other friends from the french davis cup team to taste what it feels to play davis cup.Its their time now to take the responsabilities and I think they have the shoulders to that especially jo.
Richard will be able to focus on his results and game.
he's the fourth best french player now and I think its not a bad thing for him...

Allez!
He may be the fourth RANKED player in France but he's not the fourth best (still #1 IMO) but results are results...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
I think it'll be good for him to play DC. He gets to experience the fun side of it, without all the pressure! I'm actually hoping he's going to play it I look forward to it.
Actually I think DC is a lot of pressure for him. Fun during the training (or after a win - as in Romania) but once the matches start I think he feels tremendous pressure to produce - so much so that he couldn't even play last time.

I know all the players look forward to this well deserved 2+ month break but for fans it's a killer. Can't wait till January...
Schu is offline  
post #12 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered User
 
lisaplenske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,346
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
He may be the fourth RANKED player in France but he's not the fourth best (still #1 IMO) but results are results...
well this year and regarding his level of play in tournaments,I think richard was not the best.His results speak for itself.
its been rare to see him play his best this year but its also because he was working on his fitness and game,thing that has to be improved to beat top players.If you look the 3 players who are better ranked they all beat at least 2 top players(monfils) and reach very good results in masters or slams(tsonga). The most important is results,you're right, you can be the most talented player but what matters is to deliver your best at "key moments" that is to say in big tournaments. Richard couldnt do it this year, so he's behind 3 others players who manage to do it.Logic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Actually I think DC is a lot of pressure for him. Fun during the training (or after a win - as in Romania) but once the matches start I think he feels tremendous pressure to produce - so much so that he couldn't even play last time.
I think too that DC is synonim of pressure for richard since he began to play it in 2005. The team was based on his matchs results, I still remember that loss against the russians in 2005 and 2006, still remember richard disappointment after his loss against tursunov.I think its time to share the parts between all the french players.Perhaps richard could play doubles to discover another side of the DC.He could learn some positive things from that change of status.Just see the positive of this good emulation between the french players to get even better player himself and to get back to the top where he belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
I know all the players look forward to this well deserved 2+ month break but for fans it's a killer. Can't wait till January...
Me too, that's just too boring right now

GASQUET

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline  
post #13 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered User
 
Puschkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 15,930
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
I know all the players look forward to this well deserved 2+ month break but for fans it's a killer. Can't wait till January...
I could not agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
I think too that DC is synonim of pressure for richard since he began to play it in 2005. The team was based on his matchs results, I still remember that loss against the russians in 2005 and 2006, still remember richard disappointment after his loss against tursunov.I think its time to share the parts between all the french players.
I totally agree. He played against Russia in 2005, 2006 and 2007, the French team always lost and this certainly affected him. There were some close and cruel defeats for him in these matches. Let the Top Ten Frenchies do the job for once.

______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline  
post #14 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Tess Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,335
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

I'm confused

according to this post, Richie plays Doha 1st week.
Novak News!!

And according to the Brisbane Tournament, he plays there first week
http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/players

I've tried to look it up on the Doha website, but it doesn't work for me.


EDIT: Doha starts on the 29th and Brisbane on the 4th. Maybe he thinks he wont get past the first round in Doha and decided that he then can still play Brisbane? That would be... weird right?
Tess Gray is offline  
post #15 of 285 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,695
                     
Re: Richie's 2009 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
I'm confused

according to this post, Richie plays Doha 1st week.
Novak News!!

And according to the Brisbane Tournament, he plays there first week
http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/players

I've tried to look it up on the Doha website, but it doesn't work for me.


EDIT: Doha starts on the 29th and Brisbane on the 4th. Maybe he thinks he wont get past the first round in Doha and decided that he then can still play Brisbane? That would be... weird right?
The article says Doha starts Jan. 5 also. Something is weird becuase it looks like Tsonga and Fish are also in both ??
Schu is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome