Yes! 4th consecutive Challenger quarter-final (or better). Plays 8th seed Dominik Meffert next in Kyoto. One win away from the top 200.
Yep - following that stat as well. Just a smidgen away from Top 200. Who would have thought at the beginning of the year. Definitely will go top 200 this year, is well placed points wise in the front of the year (has very little to defend - only 30 points to end June).
Go Matt Barton - play fearless tennis.
On a similar note - a lot of the lesser ranked Aussies (not top 120) are well placed to progress well in the first half of the year, with few points to defend:
- 22pts until May, then a crunch 60pts mid May, but very little (14 pts) from then to September
- 30 pts until end June
- 10 pts until July
- O pts until June
- 1 pt until end July
- 3 pts until August, then not much after
- 6 pts until Junes
- 7 pts until mid May
- 12 pts until May (but 39 pts to end May and another 18 in June)
have least points to defend the remaining half of the year (due to injuries last year most probably) - now need the results.
has the most to defend - 98 to end May,
(56 pts) and Smith
(58 pts) to end May
Of the top 120:
- 0 pts to Mid Jul, then 150 in July and 70 in early Aug
- 41 pts in Mar then another 157 in May and more in June (93)
- 100 pts to May, 120 in May and 45 in June
- 106 this tournament, 10 in April, then 32 in June (most of those 10 pointers for 1st round loss in Master's events !!)
best placed here - just needs to win some matches.