Golf - February 9 - 12 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Golf - February 9 - 12

This week we have the Johnny Walker Classic in Perth and the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in the states.

I'm not game enough to pick a winner in the Johnny Walker Classic yet. My first thoughts are with Robert Allenby, he played last week but since then didn't touch a golf club. Last week's tournament would have been good preparation for him and he's saying that he's fully fit and ready to go.

I'll hold off till the end of round 1 or round 2 and see the developments before I pick a winner. But the players who appeal to me are the following:

If you want, Robert Allenby @ $17 is good value.

Richard Green's form has been great and at $34 - he is value too. I'll play him for a top 10 finish.

Nick O'Hern, the local boy @ $21 is good value aswell.

I don't think Goosen will win.

JOHNNY WALKER CLASSIC

Top 10 finish:

Robert Allenby @ $2.40 - Self explanatory.

Nick O'Hern @ $2.75 - Perth boy - will play well in front of his home crowd. Was in pretty good form aswell in the Australian majors.

Richard Green @ $4.00 - His form so far this year has been great and I can see him finish top 10. At $4, who wouldn't take him?

Tournament head to heads

Michael Campbell over Adam Scott @ $1.90 - Adam Scott has disappointed me. I'm fading him until he does something substantial in Australia. I know he won this tournament last year, but he was a major disappointment in November/December and hasn't won a tournament on Australian soil and I'm fading him.

Richard Green over Nick Dougherty @ $2.00 - Form warrants this.

Mark Hensby over Paul Casey @ $2.10

*Post edited to put in some more information

Last edited by Bolar Bolabi; 02-08-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am

I am playing a winner here and it's Phil Mickelson to defend his title.

Phil Mickelson to win @ $6

Top 10 Finish

Mike Weir @ $3.50

Tim Clark @ $3.25

Davis Love III @ $4.00

Tournament Head to Heads

John Senden over Arjun Atwal @ $1.90
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Johnny Walker Classic

Winner

Robert Allenby @ $17

I can't go past it. If he's on his game, he'll win!
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,240
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi
This week we have the Johnny Walker Classic in Perth and the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in the states.

I'm not game enough to pick a winner in the Johnny Walker Classic yet. My first thoughts are with Robert Allenby, he played last week but since then didn't touch a golf club. Last week's tournament would have been good preparation for him and he's saying that he's fully fit and ready to go.

I'll hold off till the end of round 1 or round 2 and see the developments before I pick a winner. But the players who appeal to me are the following:

If you want, Robert Allenby @ $17 is good value.

Richard Green's form has been great and at $34 - he is value too. I'll play him for a top 10 finish.

Nick O'Hern, the local boy @ $21 is good value aswell.

I don't think Goosen will win.

JOHNNY WALKER CLASSIC

Top 10 finish:

Robert Allenby @ $2.40 - Self explanatory.

Nick O'Hern @ $2.75 - Perth boy - will play well in front of his home crowd. Was in pretty good form aswell in the Australian majors.

Richard Green @ $4.00 - His form so far this year has been great and I can see him finish top 10. At $4, who wouldn't take him?

Tournament head to heads

Michael Campbell over Adam Scott @ $1.90 - Adam Scott has disappointed me. I'm fading him until he does something substantial in Australia. I know he won this tournament last year, but he was a major disappointment in November/December and hasn't won a tournament on Australian soil and I'm fading him.

Richard Green over Nick Dougherty @ $2.00 - Form warrants this.

Mark Hensby over Paul Casey @ $2.10

*Post edited to put in some more information


Have a look at Simon Khan (2.50) to win his opening round 3 ball. The wind will be blowing he is the best wind player of the 3 IMO. Good course form and also usually performs well in the 1st round of tournaments.
dave nz is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz
Have a look at Simon Khan (2.50) to win his opening round 3 ball. The wind will be blowing he is the best wind player of the 3 IMO. Good course form and also usually performs well in the 1st round of tournaments.
Who is he matched with?
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,240
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

2 Aussie's Rumford and Scott Strange.


BTW Goosen Is my pick here for the outright best wind player in the field and In form.

The wind Is set to blow over the next few days.
dave nz is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Allenby can play in the wind too.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Things are going well. Richard Green is playing like he did last week. He's -4 half way through his first round sharing the lead. I might play him outright after round 1. We'll see.

I'm adding a 3 ball for this afternoon.

Stephen Leaney over Ian Woosman and Terry Pilkdaris @ $2.38
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Richard Green is on fire. -6 after 13. Goosen is having a terrible day +1

Allenby is sitting -1.

Going to be value in Allenby to shoot up the leaderboard in round 2 and 3 if he keeps around that mark today.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Johnny Walker Classic

Round 2 - 3 balls

Richard Green over Robert Karlsson and Boonchu Ruangkit @ $1.83 (Self explanatory)

Retief Goosen over Mark Hensby and Angel Cabrera @ $2.00 (Now that he has looked at the course, he should shoot a reasonable score today)
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi
Johnny Walker Classic

Round 2 - 3 balls

Richard Green over Robert Karlsson and Boonchu Ruangkit @ $1.83 (Self explanatory)
It's a 2 ball now.

Ruangkit shot a 9 on the par 4 1st to open his second round. So I guess we can cancel him out of the equation.

Karlsson and Green both got par.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

After 8, Green is +1 and Karlsson is -2.

I lost the 3 ball yesterday and I'll lose one today. That's telling me something.

I think I will give the 2 balls a miss over the weekend.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 05:38 AM
country flag $@M
Registered User
 
$@M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 7,685
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Green is getting one back...

Don't give up yet, Bolar... still 9 more holes to play...
$@M is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Hmmm. You're right Sam

Ever since I said that, Green has shot 3 birdies in 4 holes and Karlsson has parred everything.

This is similar to what happened yesterday with Leaney. He was equal with his playing partner then his playing partner shot an eagle on the last.

6 holes to play and it's game on!
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Golf - February 9 - 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi
Stephen Leaney over Ian Woosman and Terry Pilkdaris @ $2.38
LOSER
its.like.that is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome