Originally Posted by its.like.that
1. Game 1 - 2nd half, NSW\\\\\\\' last 2 tries came from forward passes, they never deserved to win the match.
2. History doesn\\\\\\\'t matter, refer to Federer-Hewitt, Federer-Nalbandian, Moya-Ferrero, Geelong-Fremantle, Warratah-Reds, Warratahs-Brumbies, and so on...
3. QLD always play with more intensity that NSW
4. Crowd doesn\\\\\\\'t make a difference, only luck does.
5. Johns and Anasta are in SH*TE form...
6. Why put such a big bet on this shitty match, when with all the rain around, there are much safer bets at EVEN MONEY ODDS
(Jimmy is only trying to guide BG, BG doesn\\\\\\\'t listen and turns back on Jimmy, Jimmy hits 3 from downtown... what can BG come up with
1. The reality of it was that NSW did score 4 tries in the second half, forward pass or no forward pass and they were the most dominant team in the second half - we always know deserving to win and actually winning are two different things
2. Point taken there - I just used it as an argument to build my case
3. I agree to a certain extent, but now the situation is different, QLD are playing from front. Stuart as you would well be aware is one of the most instense coaches around, no way he doesnt enjoy the Blues are primed for this, though the players are going to need need little encouragement there.
4. I respectfully disagree here - crowd does make a difference. You cant tell me 80,000 people cheering madly for the NSW does not in any way lift the players, see past history of results on the ground as reference
5. This is where I am most uneasy about - Johns is still raw I accept that. But Anasta has been the standout in a pathetic side, I have no problem with his selection. However Johns will be playing with superstars around him, so he wont be expected to do as much as say if he were playing for the KNights. Anasta can lessen the burden with general field kicking and you have to admit, Johns is one of the best defensive halfbacks going around, strong tackler and has a strong sense of awareness in general. You dont lose these two traits regardless of whether you are coming from a long layoff or not.
6. I have yet to put te bet, and to be honest if it rains, It wont make a diffrenece to me. IMO its not a shitty bet at all, thats why I am going hard on it
About your quip about better odds, I thought that was the nature of odds, as they go lower the perceived risk reduces as well - as a rule of thumb i wont be outlaying this many units on anything more than $1.50, I just would not be comfortable doing so
BG appreciates jimmys role as playing devils advocate, however BG sidesteps jimmy with a big left step, steps on the gas and scores under the posts leaving him huffing and puffing in his wake, TRY TIMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!