A-League 2011/12 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 05:04 PM
au_sports_opinion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
A-League 2011/12

New season starts Saturday

Round 1

Newcastle Jets v. Melbourne Heart
Melbourne Victory v. Sydney FC
Brisbane Roar v. Central Coast Mariners
Gold Coast United v. Wellington Phoenix
Perth Glory v. Adelaide United
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 06:28 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,848
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Will probably watch at least parts of all Saturday games.

I took only Newcastle 0.0;-0.5 @1.90

That was before the big news came out today.
JMG is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96,401
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Will probably watch at least parts of all Saturday games.

I took only Newcastle 0.0;-0.5 @1.90

That was before the big news came out today.
What is the background of Thomas Broich? Already experts here are claiming he will be the best buy of the season and one of the best midfielders in the competition.

Roar look just as strong this season even without McKay
bad gambler is offline  
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:03 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,848
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
What is the background of Thomas Broich? Already experts here are claiming he will be the best buy of the season and one of the best midfielders in the competition.

Roar look just as strong this season even without McKay
What do you mean? Your post sounds like from last year, as he has already played a full season. He's always been good enough to play Bundesliga starting lineup for at least the poor teams and you could see his superior technique last season on A-League level. He played left offensive midfield last season as far as I know in all games, but in Germany he also played on the "10" position, so maybe he can play more central this year and help to replace McKay. They also bought this Japanese-Canadian midfielder who played in Denmark, but I find it hard to imagine that this guy can be as good as McKay.
Berisha sounds like a good signing for the offense, as he was good enough for 2.Bundesliga and I hope that Danning from Sydney could be one of these guys that have a breakthrough season in Brisbane, like Barbarouses last year.

Melbourne V has a big offensive this season I think. Rojas looked like a big talent in the last games for Wellington, so let's see if he can find a place in the starting 11 with guys like Kewell, Hernandez etc.

I say Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane look like almost equal faves at the moment.
JMG is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
au_sports_opinion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: A-League 2011/12

6 of 10 finals system is farcical
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96,401
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
What do you mean? Your post sounds like from last year, as he has already played a full season. He's always been good enough to play Bundesliga starting lineup for at least the poor teams and you could see his superior technique last season on A-League level. He played left offensive midfield last season as far as I know in all games, but in Germany he also played on the "10" position, so maybe he can play more central this year and help to replace McKay. They also bought this Japanese-Canadian midfielder who played in Denmark, but I find it hard to imagine that this guy can be as good as McKay.
Berisha sounds like a good signing for the offense, as he was good enough for 2.Bundesliga and I hope that Danning from Sydney could be one of these guys that have a breakthrough season in Brisbane, like Barbarouses last year.

Melbourne V has a big offensive this season I think. Rojas looked like a big talent in the last games for Wellington, so let's see if he can find a place in the starting 11 with guys like Kewell, Hernandez etc.

I say Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane look like almost equal faves at the moment.
Ah ok. What I mean is that with McKay gone, many are expecting him to steup up and become the dominant midfielder in the competition and have an impact more than even Kewell and Emerton.

Agree with Victory in terms of their attack, looking to get on a lot of early season OVERS with them. Sydney lack quality defenders so look very suspect in defense as well.
bad gambler is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96,401
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
6 of 10 finals system is farcical
Yep but in the absence of a knock out cup competition, the A-League don't have much of a choice
bad gambler is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Bets are straightforward.

Winner

Melbourne VIctory @ $4.65 - (Centrebet)

Brisbane were strong last season but so were Melbourne. Melbourne were hampered with Archie Thompson missing the last quarter of the season. With Harry Kewell in the side and a fully fit Archie Thompson as well as Allsopp and Solorzano, I can see Melbourne win this season.

Top 6

Perth Glory @ $1.80 - (Sportingbet)

Perth were rubbish last year, but not this year. With Smeltz in their lineup and a few personnel changes, I see them making the top 6. They will be higher than people expect them to be.

Top Goalscorer

Sergio Van Dijk @ $7.50 - (Sportsbet)

This is a no brainer. Van Dijk has led the league the last few seasons.

Archie Thompson @ $11 - (Centrebet)

With Archie Thompson fit, if he can get through the whole season, he will give Van Dijk a run for his money. Archie is my tip to win it, but I have put Van Dijk in for cover.

Top Team Goalscorer

Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory) @ $3.30 - (Centrebet)

See above about Archie. I just think with him fully fit, he will lead Melbourne.

Paul Ifill (Wellington Phoenix) @ $2 - (Centrebet)

Ifill will take on most of Wellington's goals.

Sergio Van Dijk (Adelaide United) @ $1.60 - (Centrebet)

See above.

Shane Smeltz (Perth Glory) @ $1.66 - (Centrebet)

Smeltz should easily top Perth's list.

Dylan Mcallister (Gold Coast Unitied) @ $2.50 - (Centrebet)

If Gold Coast score any goals, it will be through McCallister.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 AM
country flag $@M
Registered User
 
$@M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 7,685
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

It seems the bookies are clueless when it comes to who'll get the Wooden Spoon.

CB has Wellington $2.70 favourite for the Spoon, while SB offers $5.00

Like that Perth Top 6 bet.
$@M is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
au_sports_opinion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: A-League 2011/12

No fancies for round 1? I'm holding out, just waiting to see how things pan out.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 32
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Central Coast v Melbourne Heart.

Melbourne Heart +0.5 @ $1.65

I'm going to take this as I don't have the balls to take Heart to win. Heart a big unknown. Newcastle are battered up and their huge week will be a letdown.

I see a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win so therefore.

Under 2.5 @ $1.68

Melbourne v Sydney

Over 2.5 @ $1.90
Melbourne @ $2

I remember this opening game last season. It was a 3-3 draw and Melbourne really should have won. Melbourne have quality across the park and are going to be hard to beat for the title this year. Archie Thompson said there will be a lot of attacking and it will be fast tempo. That equals goals.

I see a 2-1, 3-0, 3-2 Melbourne win here.

I have no call on the Brisbane v Central Coast match. I'm leaning Draw there but going to sit it out.
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 07:42 AM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,848
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Will probably watch at least parts of all Saturday games.

I took only Newcastle 0.0;-0.5 @1.90

That was before the big news came out today.
Win

Lucky goal in the final minute.
JMG is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 AM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,848
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Victory vs Heart over 2.5 @1.86
JMG is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96,401
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Sydney to beat Adelaide - $3.55
Sydney +1 over Adelaide - $1.75

gl
bad gambler is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96,401
                     
Re: A-League 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Sydney to beat Adelaide - $3.55
Sydney +1 over Adelaide - $1.75

gl
win x 2

Nicky Carle is back
bad gambler is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome