Milan to beat Celtic 2.40 in the market place (Milan -0.25 is another option)
- with a view to trade, get at least your stake back as Milan gets in front if you trade it.
Historic odds for Milan, one of the best CL home teams vs one of the poorest away teams ever in the CL. Yes, a draw fits both teams so nicely, yet there are a number of factors indicating a stronger Milanese will to win than the markets had expected:
1) Revenge for the loss in Glasgow and the "Dida episode"
2) No Milan wish for more polemics regarding "fixed matches" at the time of the UEFA investigation
3) Milan is reportedly fielding a much stronger team w a lot fewer reserves than expected (we'll se in 1 hour)
4) Milan are a terrible 0-5-2 in Serie A, they might want to show their fans a wee bit before leaving for Japan
5) Rumours say Berlusconi would be motivated to help Shakhtar's president much more than Celtic, and nobody could really criticize Silvio darling of winning in the process...
6) The perhaps strongest argument for a Milan win: I cannot in my wildest dreams see Milan, 13/10 points behind Inter/Roma in the league, risking the first place in the group by having a 0-0/1-1'ish score late in the match. Should Celtic get a late goal and win the match, Milan would then risk facing clubs like Barca, Inter, Man U, Real in the last 16 play-off matches and play the second leg away.
7) Celtic are reportedly playing 4 centre backs in a very injury-struck defense and will be very vulnerable on the flanks
More could be added, I dont see the "boring, easy, mutual interest draw" that many have been expecting.
Milan to win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1...but I will trade it according to the events on the pitch.
- not a superiour one tho. Milan with very poor motivation in the first half, and when Inzaghi missed a header in the open goal from 2 yds out, I did have my own thoughts... well well, a win is a win.