Tues MLB Play - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Tues MLB Play

White Sox over Tigers -1.5 +170

Second game of the series, Chicago lost the first and needs to win tonight badly. On the mound for Detroit, rookie Justin Verlander who in his last outing had control issues and was pummeled by the Rangers, 10 hits and 6 earned runs in 4 & 1/3 innings. For Chicago we see Freddy Garcia who pitched a one hitter on the Angels in his last start. Home field advantage, pitching, psychological edge all with the Wite Sox. I look for them to cover and bring the plus money.
TFan1156 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 43
Posts: 2,061
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156
White Sox over Tigers -1.5 +170

Second game of the series, Chicago lost the first and needs to win tonight badly. On the mound for Detroit, rookie Justin Verlander who in his last outing had control issues and was pummeled by the Rangers, 10 hits and 6 earned runs in 4 & 1/3 innings. For Chicago we see Freddy Garcia who pitched a one hitter on the Angels in his last start. Home field advantage, pitching, psychological edge all with the Wite Sox. I look for them to cover and bring the plus money.
I like your pick but rather risky to pick the white sox to win against anyone by one run let alone 2 runs or more, don't you think? Verlander has been getting smacked around lately and Garcia has done well historically against the tigers. Something has to give, good luck man!
callitasicit is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitasicit
I like your pick but rather risky to pick the white sox to win against anyone by one run let alone 2 runs or more, don't you think? Verlander has been getting smacked around lately and Garcia has done well historically against the tigers. Something has to give, good luck man!
Ganbling is risky, period, except with the jewels that come along once in a while, like LSU/Auburn under 40.... I think a WS win is an excellent play given the pitching, homefield advantage, and the all but necessity of a win. And you can get that for -116. I like the runline as I believe one team is going to hit their way through this and see the risk worth the +170 payoff. Bet 40 to win 70... None of the last five meetings have been settled by a run.

Last edited by TFan1156; 09-20-2006 at 12:28 AM.
TFan1156 is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Registered User
 
Bolar Bolabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Golovin's Pu$$y
Age: 33
Posts: 14,638
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Over
Bolar Bolabi is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Grand slam homer 4th inning, 4-0 WS...
TFan1156 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 43
Posts: 2,061
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156
Grand slam homer 4th inning, 4-0 WS...
So far looking good
callitasicit is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitasicit
So far looking good
Yea Verlander had been getting behind hitters from the start and it caught up with him, and Garcia is still knocking them out. Plenty of baseball left to play but I did like this one...
TFan1156 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

6-0, three total homers, Verlander is gone...
TFan1156 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

7-0, 2 hitter from Garcia, Verlander hit off the mound, cash in your +170 tickets...
TFan1156 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 43
Posts: 2,061
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156
7-0, 2 hitter from Garcia, Verlander hit off the mound, cash in your +170 tickets...
Good call man!!
callitasicit is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TFan1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 985
                     
Re: Tues MLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitasicit
Good call man!!
Thanks, unforunately I lost half of my profits back on the Dodgers who really wimped out tonight. Looked for them on a high after last night`s amazing comeback.
TFan1156 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome