NBL - Round 8 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool NBL - Round 8

Wednesday action...


OVERS 204.5 Breakers v Sixers - $1.90 (BIGGEST PLAY OF THE SEASON)

Breakers have no defense and apart from the game against the Hawks the "OVERS" has hit in all their home games. Sixers have the most balanced offensive team behind the kings in the competiton and have employed a nice run and gun approach this season

Will add later games after this one.

This one is in memory of adeegee, but we are pounding this BG style

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Registered User
 
sparkus8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 3,765
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Ok I missed the early game, but still have a few plays up my sleeve for the last two of the night.

Tigers ML @ Wildcats - $1.52 (5 units - NSW TAB)

In my eyes this looks like a total mismatch. Perth are missing both their starting and backup centres and in this match they must face probably the strongest front court in the league.

The teams have played twice this year already with Melbourne winning both games. The first match was decided in OT when both sides were at full strength, the second saw the Tigers annihilate an injury hit Perth side and coming into this match they are weakened even further by injuries.

This will be Melbourne's 3rd game in five days, but with players like Rashad Tucker and Chris Anstey they should have way too much class for the Wildcats tonight.

Rashad Tucker to outscore Chris Anstey, Tony Ronaldson and Shawn Redhage - $3.25 (1.5 units - NSW TAB)

Tucker was cut by the Wildcats last year and in both games so far this season has played like he has a point to prove against his old team top scoring with 36 and 26 points. I can't see why he wont do it again and the $3.25 looks to be great value IMO.

Mike Helms to outscore Russ Hinder, Larry Abney and Casey Calvary - $2.30 (1 unit - NSW TAB)

Helms has been the Pirates only consistent source of offense so far this season and in keeping with other matches should get his 20+ shots in this game. It he can shoot a respectable percentage from the field he should win this bet.
sparkus8 is offline  
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Registered User
 
sparkus8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 3,765
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Well BG your overs bet looks home and hosed at quarter time.

36ers 44 v NZ 23
sparkus8 is offline  
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Wednesday action...


OVERS 204.5 Breakers v Sixers - $1.90 (BIGGEST PLAY OF THE SEASON)

Breakers have no defense and apart from the game against the Hawks the "OVERS" has hit in all their home games. Sixers have the most balanced offensive team behind the kings in the competiton and have employed a nice run and gun approach this season

Will add later games after this one.

This one is in memory of adeegee, but we are pounding this BG style

good luck
Adellaide 76-46 NZ!!! Very nice call BG Missed ur post didnt realise there was an early game,shouldve checked especially in NZ
sports freak is offline  
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkus8
Ok I missed the early game, but still have a few plays up my sleeve for the last two of the night.

Tigers ML @ Wildcats - $1.52 (5 units - NSW TAB)

In my eyes this looks like a total mismatch. Perth are missing both their starting and backup centres and in this match they must face probably the strongest front court in the league.

The teams have played twice this year already with Melbourne winning both games. The first match was decided in OT when both sides were at full strength, the second saw the Tigers annihilate an injury hit Perth side and coming into this match they are weakened even further by injuries.

This will be Melbourne's 3rd game in five days, but with players like Rashad Tucker and Chris Anstey they should have way too much class for the Wildcats tonight.

Rashad Tucker to outscore Chris Anstey, Tony Ronaldson and Shawn Redhage - $3.25 (1.5 units - NSW TAB)

Tucker was cut by the Wildcats last year and in both games so far this season has played like he has a point to prove against his old team top scoring with 36 and 26 points. I can't see why he wont do it again and the $3.25 looks to be great value IMO.

Mike Helms to outscore Russ Hinder, Larry Abney and Casey Calvary - $2.30 (1 unit - NSW TAB)

Helms has been the Pirates only consistent source of offense so far this season and in keeping with other matches should get his 20+ shots in this game. It he can shoot a respectable percentage from the field he should win this bet.

Good luck Sparkus,that picture always cracks me up champ!!!

Do like your Tigers call and even more on Tucker,unstoppable at the moment and i see no different 2nite!!!wit the Helms call it could be o.k but a backbet of Calvary would be ideal since i feel his has been the man for the Crocs so far,wit JR out of form and shape and young gun Newbery still getting it together!!!!
sports freak is offline  
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered User
 
sparkus8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 3,765
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak
Good luck Sparkus,that picture always cracks me up champ!!!

Do like your Tigers call and even more on Tucker,unstoppable at the moment and i see no different 2nite!!!wit the Helms call it could be o.k but a backbet of Calvary would be ideal since i feel his has been the man for the Crocs so far,wit JR out of form and shape and young gun Newbery still getting it together!!!!
Thanks mate

No back bets for me with the Helms wager. Townsville have alot more options on the offensive end and are more likely to spread it around, while Hunter on the other hand have nothing outside of Helms. If he hits at least 45% of his shots he should top score in this game.

Cheers,

Sparks
sparkus8 is offline  
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkus8
Thanks mate

No back bets for me with the Helms wager. Townsville have alot more options on the offensive end and are more likely to spread it around, while Hunter on the other hand have nothing outside of Helms. If he hits at least 45% of his shots he should top score in this game.

Cheers,

Sparks
Yeah i know where your comin from,Crocs are the team i have been following a few seasons,actually John Rillie this season so far has been really dissappointing for the player he is!!!!Good luck and all the best 2nite!!!!
sports freak is offline  
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered User
 
sparkus8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 3,765
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Yeah Rillie has been rubbish for you guys this season. Rumours have been floating around that he is none too happy with Newley and if that is the case it would explain why both him and the Crocs are going so bad.

Both of those guys will need to have a good night though if they want to win because it is going to be tough for Abney and Calvary to get cheap baskets with Hunter's big front court standing in their way.
sparkus8 is offline  
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered User
 
sparkus8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 3,765
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

36ers lead NZ 95-69 at 3 qtr time. Overs and sixers backers congrats, your bets are already home
sparkus8 is offline  
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Registered User
 
sports freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,056
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkus8
Yeah Rillie has been rubbish for you guys this season. Rumours have been floating around that he is none too happy with Newley and if that is the case it would explain why both him and the Crocs are going so bad.

Both of those guys will need to have a good night though if they want to win because it is going to be tough for Abney and Calvary to get cheap baskets with Hunter's big front court standing in their way.
That rumour does not suprise me,somethin must be wrong in the camp,hopefully they patch things up!!!Crocs always struggle wit Big men on opposition sides,sometimes i wished they picked up a Bradke or an Anstey
Calvary been real good an Abney is helping more then others!!!

Time to pound the Tigers ml!!!Add to record!!!

30 units on Tigers moneyline 1.45 over Perth pussy cats!!!!Tigers shld cover the spread of -5.5pts aswell and an option of 19+ =5.00!!!Tucker to top score and Anstey will dominate the boards!!!
sports freak is offline  
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Registered User
 
Finns4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,111
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Rillie most points 2 units @ 2.25

Draw/ Cros 0.5 unit @ $41

Good luck
Finns4 is offline  
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered User
 
sparkus8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 35
Posts: 3,765
                     
Re: NBL - Round 8

Pirates 61-51 at HT

Helms is shooting the lights out right now, 27 first half points!!

I hope no-one backed the Crocs because they look absolutely terrible.
sparkus8 is offline  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Wednesday action...


OVERS 204.5 Breakers v Sixers - $1.90 (BIGGEST PLAY OF THE SEASON)

Breakers have no defense and apart from the game against the Hawks the "OVERS" has hit in all their home games. Sixers have the most balanced offensive team behind the kings in the competiton and have employed a nice run and gun approach this season

Will add later games after this one.

This one is in memory of adeegee, but we are pounding this BG style

good luck

FT

Sixers win 121-97

Bet won

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: NBL - Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkus8

Mike Helms to outscore Russ Hinder, Larry Abney and Casey Calvary - $2.30 (1 unit - NSW TAB)

Helms has been the Pirates only consistent source of offense so far this season and in keeping with other matches should get his 20+ shots in this game. It he can shoot a respectable percentage from the field he should win this bet.

brilliant mate, great pick he currently has a 10 point buffer on Abney

Its the Helms show tonight, and the Crocs are getting pumped
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 11:20 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: NBL - Round 8

Late night action....

Cats are garbage, and as spark has correctly pointed out they don't even have a recognised big man with Rogers and Burston out

Anstey is going to have an absolute field day with the pussies, look for him to get a big double-double 20/20 or so

I would say the reason why the line is not higher is because this will be the Tiges' 3rd game in 5 days, but frankly they could play with one leg and beat this mob.

Tigers to smash the Cats and cover -5 - $1.90

Lean on the UNDERS 190.5 as well, I can't see Cats even putting up a decent number tonight, but feel the ATS is more of a gimme

good luck

Last edited by bad gambler; 10-19-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome