8th - Not so Freaky Friday - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Local Favorite
 
dbnumberone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,056
                     
8th - Not so Freaky Friday

All right, no suprises today, everything posted here will be coming in, I'll start!

I'm betting on Starace to win a unit to end Sabau's nice week.

GL all!
dbnumberone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 1,159
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

how much is that returning?
Doctor Dance is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Local Favorite
 
dbnumberone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,056
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

I call a unit/single whatever your base is, for me it's $100 American, so I layed $360...not the best return, but this is my third year of betting tennis now & this type of bet has worked very well for me. Way better imo than betting coin tosses and dogs.
Not that I always stick to it, as in my larger Goldstein bet yesterday.
If I lose I try not to chase it, and it avoids the big swings, but takes patience to win a few days to make up for 1 loss.
dbnumberone is offline  
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:37 AM
bad gambler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnumberone
I call a unit/single whatever your base is, for me it's $100 American, so I layed $360...not the best return, but this is my third year of betting tennis now & this type of bet has worked very well for me. Way better imo than betting coin tosses and dogs.
Not that I always stick to it, as in my larger Goldstein bet yesterday.
If I lose I try not to chase it, and it avoids the big swings, but takes patience to win a few days to make up for 1 loss.

lol, i think he meant what are the odds on that bet
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Local Favorite
 
dbnumberone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,056
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

felt like typing, waiting to watch a movie
dbnumberone is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 915
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

i've been giving back my wimbledon winnings all week...but here goes:

Robredo, Nadal, StarAce 100 to win 107...
Lawrence3175 is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 04:56 AM
Senior Member
 
NATAS81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Age: 33
Posts: 19,353
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence3175
i've been giving back my wimbledon winnings all week...but here goes:

Robredo, Nadal, StarAce 100 to win 107...
Yup. Sabau caught a lucky break vs. Sargsian.
NATAS81 is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Local Favorite
 
dbnumberone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,056
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

Just bumped Starace to a 5 unit bet based on the agreement - go Poteeeeeeeeto!
dbnumberone is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

GAUDIO X NADAL @ 1.10
its.like.that is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

WAWRINKA and Rusedski also look good @ 1.40
its.like.that is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

take the lowest odds you can get - because that means you have the best possible chance of winning
its.like.that is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,276
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

manage to stop punting for 14 hours..............but anyway here goes.....be careful of the following guys that i will be punting on :-

Nadal x Wawrinka x Starace @2.07

Nadal x Massu x Starace@2.27

Nadal x Zabaleta x Starace @2.39

Just watch and see..............Nadal will lose today...it always happens to my parlays....the guy with the lowest winning odds value will always screw up my parlay!
AceMaan is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered User
 
Mario66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Age: 33
Posts: 5,731
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
take the lowest odds you can get - because that means you have the best possible chance of winning
But you must put big stakes then if you want to get a solid win!

If you`re not gonna shoot, you`ll always miss.

Marat Safin
Mario Lemieux

Roger Federer

Carlitos Tevez

Simo Eerikäinen
Mario66 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:28 AM
country flag adk
Registered User
 
adk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London
Posts: 1,407
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMaan
manage to stop punting for 14 hours..............but anyway here goes.....be careful of the following guys that i will be punting on :-

Nadal x Wawrinka x Starace @2.07

Nadal x Massu x Starace@2.27

Nadal x Zabaleta x Starace @2.39

Just watch and see..............Nadal will lose today...it always happens to my parlays....the guy with the lowest winning odds value will always screw up my parlay!
I wouldn't put both Nadal AND Starace into ALL three parlays mate, even though they both seem like certainties
adk is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,276
                     
Re: 8th - Not so Freaky Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk
I wouldn't put both Nadal AND Starace into ALL three parlays mate, even though they both seem like certainties
yes what you say is true......but for me Nadal is a certainty at the moment on clay....just like Massu in 2003 and Coria in 2004...........while Starace look very impressive in demolishing Lopez yesterday......bagelled him in second set...................hence both these plays in my parlay will assume the role of adding the meat to my three various plays of Wawrinka, Massu and Zabaleta.
AceMaan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome