Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L James View Post
It seems you're changing your mind a lot lately. Yesterday you said Haas was the play of the day and you were right but you jumped off early. Then earlier this thread you said you probably favour Mugro but now you're all in on Dancevic? Not saying what's right or wrong, just something I've noticed.
I didn't say I favour Mugro. I was just trying to find arguments against Dancevic. IMO Dancevic is the play of the day (doesn't mean I will make money though).
Bilbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered User
 
Timotheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,230
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxths View Post
can anyone give me any reasons not to take Tsonga? thanks
How about the fact that he was injured and haven't played in ages?
Timotheus is offline  
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
How about the fact that he was injured and haven't played in ages?
doesn't matter. he won't lose to ventura.
Bilbo is offline  
 
post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Yeah, Tsonga isn't losing to Ventura unless there are complications...and I gather that he has been training quite rigorously for the last couple of weeks (although I think he developed some inflammation before Beijing?).

I agree with BG and others about Dancevic...2.20 was a good price, and I'm still considering whether to take slightly lower current odds. Arguments run both ways for either player, so, certainly as concerns bilbo, you could easily get into "over analysis" territory with this one imo.

Again, not a lot else on the menu today.

If Eurosport is on Ashe I think I'm gonna cry...
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Paris
Posts: 11,343
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L James View Post
It seems you're changing your mind a lot lately. Yesterday you said Haas was the play of the day and you were right but you jumped off early. Then earlier this thread you said you probably favour Mugro but now you're all in on Dancevic? Not saying what's right or wrong, just something I've noticed.
I'm surely not the best expert here but i really see Almagro in this one. He has the game to beat Dancevic. Last year Frank should have won against Safin and was at his best level.
Julio is offline  
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 33
Posts: 30,764
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

The thing is Bilbo when you say and i quote- i dont know how Frank plans to win this match it makes you sound like you dont think he will win or dont feel to confident- thats how it comes across


Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline  
post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 33
Posts: 30,764
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
Yeah, Tsonga isn't losing to Ventura unless there are complications...and I gather that he has been training quite rigorously for the last couple of weeks (although I think he developed some inflammation before Beijing?).

I agree with BG and others about Dancevic...2.20 was a good price, and I'm still considering whether to take slightly lower current odds. Arguments run both ways for either player, so, certainly as concerns bilbo, you could easily get into "over analysis" territory with this one imo.

Again, not a lot else on the menu today.

If Eurosport is on Ashe I think I'm gonna cry...

You get to hear the wonderfull sounds of Chris Bradnam


Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline  
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered User
 
Bilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lena-Land
Posts: 73,673
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
The thing is Bilbo when you say and i quote- i dont know how Frank plans to win this match it makes you sound like you dont think he will win or dont feel to confident- thats how it comes across
it means i don't feel too confident but on the other side he's the only dog worth to make an all in play
Bilbo is offline  
post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 33
Posts: 30,764
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
it means i don't feel too confident but on the other side he's the only dog worth to make an all in play
Its a pretty shitty card today to many heavy favs at crap prices- tomorrow should be better


Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline  
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 33
Posts: 30,764
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Dancevic over Almagro 11/10

Gulbis to win in straight sets 3-0 6/5

WTA

Paszek over Rybarikova 4/7 ( bet of the day)

Keothavong over Schiavone 3/1


Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline  
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered User
 
L James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,746
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
it means i don't feel too confident but on the other side he's the only dog worth to make an all in play
I hope Frank can win it for you
L James is offline  
post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered User
 
searchinio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 95
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Really no one on Fabrice here? He should at least win one set imo and you get 2,40 for this happening!
Santoro likes Big Servers, it`s night session and andys form has been shit lately...

Come on Magician!!

Never say forever cause forever`s a lie
searchinio is offline  
post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 33
Posts: 30,764
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchinio View Post
Really no one on Fabrice here? He should at least win one set imo and you get 2,40 for this happening!
Santoro likes Big Servers, it`s night session and andys form has been shit lately...

Come on Magician!!
No chance imo- Roddick 3-0 sets is a gift- cant see Santoro getting 1 set


Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline  
post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 20,755
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
You get to hear the wonderfull sounds of Chris Bradnam
chris and frew are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD View Post
dodig/cilic worst doubles in history of tennis me and ray charles would do better, fucking disgrace.
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline  
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Sportingbet's Wednesday GIFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
You get to hear the wonderfull sounds of Chris Bradnam
lol mate, yeah I don't mind him as a commentator, and Frew is always a good laugh as well. Can't stand Smith/Durie...speak a load of crap half the time.

Gah, can't pull the trigger on Frank...think I want a bit more than 2.10...might wait and see if there is a bit of an odds movement close to game time. He is just one of those players that never really convinces me...incapable of sustaining a particularly good level of play, as is certainly evident in his mediocre results.

As for Roddick, I don't think Santoro is incapable of taking a set, but you're probably relying more on Roddick continuing to play like the mug he has done for the last month or more. Surely someone has slapped some sense into him since Washington.
Horatio Caine is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome