More : http://www.jirobkk.com/player_profile_pik.htm

See less See more
#185 ·
Re: Danai Udomchoke : Pik

#186 ·

#187 ·

Return to normal life after 2 weeks in the temple.

#188 · (Edited)
Danai ((Pik) Udomchoke Thai number one

I am a fan of Danai or better knon in Thailand as Pik the Thai number one. For a long time he was number 2 to Paradorn, and now he has quietly emerged as Thai number 1 after a long timew in Paradorn's shadow. The highlight was winning the gold medal at the last Asian Games in Doha in 2006.
Since then his ranking plummeted to below 200 but thankfully now he has started rising again.
According to the news item in Bangkok Post today, he got a wild card for Bangkok Open starting September 21:
Danai given wildcard

TOR CHITTINAND

Thailand's number one Danai Udomchoke has received a wildcard for the US$576,000 ATP Thailand Open at Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani from September 21-28. Danai has steadily climbed up the ATP rankings after dropping out of the top 200 earlier this year. He is currently ranked 155th.

In the past two months he showed signs of improvement by reaching the final in two Challenger events in Canada and the semi-finals in New Delhi.http://www.bangkokpost.com/110908_Sports/11Sep2008_sport22.php

Pik is a hard worker and he is now working to improve his serve and concentration, as he said in a statement on his website:
have to improve my serve..

i have to improve my serve for for thailand open because if i still serve like last 2 months then i cant win first round for thailand open for sure so from now on i have to practice hard on my serve and have to talk with the dortor for my concentration also..so i hope it will be better for thailand open kup..http://www.danaiudomchoke.net/en/index.asp
You can get more information on Pik:

http://www.danaiudomchoke.net/en/index.asp

and

http://www.jirobkk.com/player_profile_pik.htm

I hope people will keep posting new information from any source in this thread. Thanks

#190 ·
Re: Danai Uomchoke ( Pik)Thai number one

I've read somewhere that he went to temple for a rehab?
Actually, he entered the monkhood as an obligation. All Thai young men after age of 20 are required to enter the monastery as monks for a period of time. It's a tradition. they can stay for 1 week or 3 months but they must do it. So, it wasn't for rehab, but as part of Thai cultural practices. Paradorn also did it.I had a thread in GM about it, let me find it and I will post the link here.

#192 ·
Re: Danai ((Pik) Udomchoke Thai number one

I've seen Danai play against ferrero and nalbandian at the australian-if im correct he did beat ferrero in 5 sets.remember him to be a good player-fast and consistent baseliner.But in my opinion he needs to improve serve as rightly pointed out and play a little more intelligently like using sliced backhands or coming more towards the net.That is because he is a little smallish in size if you all dont mind.

#193 ·

I've seen Danai play against ferrero and nalbandian at the australian-if im correct he did beat ferrero in 5 sets.remember him to be a good player-fast and consistent baseliner.But in my opinion he needs to improve serve as rightly pointed out and play a little more intelligently like using sliced backhands or coming more towards the net.That is because he is a little smallish in size if you all dont mind.
You are right,he is smallish compared to farang players. He acknowledged on his website his need to improve serve. I like his dedication to hard work. As I pointed out he finished his obligatory stay as a monk a few months ago, hopefully, that will improve his concentration.

#198 ·

In doubles Pik will partner Kittipong Wachiramonowong, the up and coming Thai junior. Chok dee na to both.

3-LINDSTEDT, Robert/PETZSCHNER, Philipp SWE/GER vs WC-UDOMCHOKE, Danai/WACHIRAMANOWONG, Kittipong THA

#203 ·

Danai is in the main draw of the tokyo open having made it through qualifying.Now will play J.Levine. This is tough opener for Pik, as Levine is very tough. I remember he gave a hard time to Rafa in Toronto or cincy, I am not sure which of those two.
Chok dee na Pik!

#210 ·

Seoul Rd 2. Finally, Pik finished the match which was postponed since yesterday and won in straight sets
UDOMCHOKE, Danai THA d. Q-SLANAR, Martin AUT 62 62

:bigclap: :woohoo: :yippee: :banana:

now he has to play his round 3 match tonight.UDOMCHOKE, Danai THA vs CRUCIAT, Adrian ROU

good luck tonight to Pik :yippee:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.