Mens Tennis Forums banner

Marco Chiudinelli

297K views 3K replies 118 participants last post by  Kat_YYZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Girls watch out for this guy!! He cut his long curly blond hair short and looks now really stunning!!

#1,131 ·
Fantastic win for Marco!! WOW! I'm impressed!

#1,132 ·
FSRteam said:
Ok, it is official now, chuidinelli will play for the DC tie in late september in geneva!

Athlough the swiss french newspaper "le matin" said again this morning that he would play challengers and that bastl would be part of the team, I checked on the official swiss davis cup website where they say marco would play that tie!

He will join fed, wawa and allegro as the 4th player. Apparently bastl claimed he didn't feel like playing. And luthi and werner decided not to name a 5th player because no one, according to them, was an "obvious" choice! I personnaly think it is not very fair not to also select bohli after such a great year. Anyway, just my thougts... :(
:worship: :bowdown:

Allez Marco :worship:

Yes, I think Böhli has had a good year and should be included as fifth choice. I also don't understand why Allegro remains such an obvious choice, as his career in doubles is not really progressing or that impressive anymore. I guess it is because he is a good motivator in the team.

#1,133 ·
Schedule:

Fourth match on Court 11! Against Gasquet :scared:

Hopp Marco :worship:

Court 11 11:00 AM
1.Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
vs.Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)[23]
Not Before 1:00 PM 2.Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd. Patty Schnyder (SUI)[7]
vs.Marion Bartoli (FRA)[26]
T/F 0-6 3-1 followed by 3.Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd. Dinara Safina (RUS)[12]
vs.Jarmila Gajdosova (SVK)

4.Men's Singles - 3rd Rnd. Richard Gasquet (FRA)[25]
vs.Marco Chiudinelli (SUI)

5.Women's Doubles - 2nd Rnd. Cara Black (ZIM)[3]/
Rennae Stubbs (AUS)[3]
vs.Catalina Castano (COL)/
Jill Craybas (USA)

#1,134 · (Edited)
Hi guys Finally I can post here
So happy I can tell you all. I went with Laura to the qualy of Marco when he made it to the final draw. He stopped and talked to me as I new him for a year ago. We talked about football, videos etc. He was so so so happy he was in the main draw. Laura and I took pics with him and he asked Laura her name. And I said.. hey arent you going to ask mine? And he said. I know it. You are Silvana Galdi. WOWO I got shocked. Incredible he even rememeber my last name.\
Then We went to cheer for him on his last match. Laura had to go to other match but at the end he came to say thanks and I asked him to sign a suisse flag to Laura. (so bad I do not have one).
Next match.. Feliciano.\You cannot believe how I screamed! Laura and I were like crazy. In the middle we had other friends cheering for Feli.
But we screamed so so high. I think we made Feli loose the match cos he was thinking.. Im so so sexy and this girls are cheering for this swiss??? LOLOLOL Im joking but was great.
Yesterday I was waslking and saw Wawrinka practising with Luthi, so I stayed.. and Marco showed up. He practised with Luthi right after and was a nice day. I called Laura and she came with Leslie. Leslie took a pic with him. I made so many great pics. Im shraing some with you as its impossible to post them all but I will send them all big to Yvo or try to post them all big here, Its my way to say thanks to all the people that help me with Roger stuff.
We talkedto Marco, then he came out and I talked to him some more minutes and.. today its suppose to be the match BUT.. rain so hopefully sunday. I will go only wont go if he plays at same time as Roger but I do not think he will as Roger is playing with spadea, an american, so they will probably give him the night session and Marco will probably get day and smaller court. So GO MARCO
Enjoy the pics
Silvy
feliciano match

practise 1st sept

Reactions: Scotso
#1,138 ·
wow Silvy you're definitely the best - those pics are just incredible!!! wonderful job of you and great that Marco is such a nice guy to everyone :)

I really hope he can win this match against Gasquet he would definitely deserve it and with the help of you it should be even more possible :)

this very close shot in the orange sweater is soooo lovely :hearts: I totally understand why you cheer for him and not feli :lol: the cutest Swissie :)

GOOD LUCK MARCO :bounce:

#1,139 ·
I haven't seen it here so this is my little contribution :)
From Blick

Chiudinelli once king instead of beggars

OF CECILE BLOCK BROOK (TEXT) AND SVEN THOMANN (PHOTO) FROM THE USA
31.08.2006 | 00:04: 12

New York - on the stony way upward Marco Chiudinelli (ATP 306) must make sometimes risky decisions. Approximately around the “Big Apple” came up the calculation.

Neither Time Square nor the stadium in Flushing Meadows are new for the 25-year old Baselbieter. For the third time after 2002 and 2004 he tries US with the open its luck: For the first time it got over three Quali rounds and won even the first match in the main field. “However the victory over Vicente was not one my largest”, says Marco soberly, “the next one plays in another category.” Opponent is Gstaad Finalist Feliciano Lopez (ATP 77), that surprisingly Ivan Ljubicic (Kro) 6:3, 6:3, 6:3 struck.

Independently of the today's exit: US the open was already worthwhile itself for Marco. With 26,500 dollar prize money it can pay De Witt its long America stay with long-term Coach January. “I omitted the interclub - that would have been the safer way to make money” Chiudinelli, which has the luck, by two sponsor friends (syntax and Swiss RH) to be thus supported.

Neither in Toronto nor in Cincinnati he won Quali match. “However as shows up, made I the correct decision here.”

The most important are now not dollar, but points. “There I from the last year anything to defend do not have, bring forward me to each victory.” The goal: away of unlukrativen Challenger and Future tournaments, to large tennis Events, with which a professional career is eligible for financing in airplanes and hotels. “Before my injury the straight went in such a way”, says Marco, which offers place 129 as highest Ranking.

A shoulder operation had back-thrown it last year. After approximately eight months break it returned in May as number 796 of the world. In New York Chiudinelli became certified only owing to a protected Rankings the qualification. Owing to its Grand Slam Premierensiegs it will reach US open the Top 250 after that. A victory against Lopez would bring it into the range from rank to 200. And further 15,500 dollar.

---------

Hopp Marco!!

#1,141 · (Edited)
First I was like WTF , but then I realized it was an internet translation, not an article that was supposed to be in English
Yeah, I'm not able translate it by myself :eek: but I should have thought about posting also German version together with English. :banghead:

Chiudinelli einmal König statt Bettler

VON CECILE KLOTZBACH (TEXT) UND SVEN THOMANN (FOTO) AUS DEN USA
31.08.2006 | 00:04:12

NEW YORK – Auf dem steinigen Weg nach oben muss Marco Chiudinelli (ATP 306) manchmal riskante Entscheidungen treffen. Rund um den «Big Apple» ging die Rechnung auf.

Weder der Times Square noch das Stadion in Flushing Meadows sind neu für den 25-jährigen Baselbieter. Zum dritten Mal nach 2002 und 2004 versucht er beim US Open sein Glück: Zum ersten Mal überstand er drei Quali-Runden und gewann sogar den ersten Match im Hauptfeld. «Aber der Sieg über Vicente war nicht einer meiner grössten», sagt Marco nüchtern, «der Nächste spielt in einer anderen Kategorie.» Gegner ist Gstaad-Finalist Feliciano Lopez (ATP 77), der überraschend Ivan Ljubicic (Kro) 6:3, 6:3, 6:3 schlug.

Unabhängig vom heutigen Ausgang: Das US Open hat sich für Marco schon gelohnt. Mit 26 500 Dollar Preisgeld kann er seinen langen Amerika-Aufenthalt mit Langzeit-Coach Jan De Witt bezahlen. «Ich habe den Interclub ausgelassen – das wäre der sicherere Weg gewesen, Geld zu verdienen», so Chiudinelli, der das Glück hat, von zwei Sponsoren-Freunden (Syntax und Swiss Re) unterstützt zu werden.

Weder in Toronto noch in Cincinnati gewann er einen Quali-Match. «Aber wie sich hier zeigt, traf ich die richtige Entscheidung.»

Das Wichtigste seien jetzt nicht Dollar, sondern Punkte. «Da ich aus dem letzten Jahr nichts zu verteidigen habe, bringt mich jeder Sieg nach vorn.» Das Ziel: weg von unlukrativen Challenger- und Future-Turnieren, hin zu grossen Tennis-Events, mit denen eine Profi-Karriere in Flugzeugen und Hotels finanzierbar ist. «Vor meiner Verletzung ging das gerade so», sagt Marco, der mit Platz 129 als höchstem Ranking aufwartet.

Eine Schulter-Operation hatte ihn letztes Jahr zurückgeworfen. Nach rund acht Monaten Pause kehrte er im Mai als Nummer 796 der Welt zurück. In New York wurde Chiudinelli nur dank eines geschützten Rankings zur Qualifikation zugelassen. Dank seines Grand-Slam-Premierensiegs wird er nach dem US Open die Top 250 erreichen. Ein Sieg gegen Lopez brächte ihn in den Bereich von Rang 200. Und weitere 15 500 Dollar.

#1,143 ·
Thanks a lot also for the German article, but I think we all understood it from English

That's why I posted English version at first but after your post I thought it will be better to post also in German as I'm not sure about that translation ;)
Sorry for making a little mess.

#1,146 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.