Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fondue und Rösti isch guät und git e guäti luunä Gstaad Thread

4K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  RogiFan88 
#1 ·
It's early, but since Argentina couldn't get the job done against Germany, it will be time for him to go very hard in this section of the season as he has 2 titles and a final to defend.

Gaston is back in Gstaad and fortunately for him this is the weaker field, but he likes playing at altitude.

#3 ·
I'm happy to tell you i will be there for his first match :D i love Gstaad and i can't wait to go there! i only stay for the first 2 days but i will go back on friday/saturday if Gaston is still playing... (so i will go back for sure :angel: )

#7 ·
Lol at the title :)

Translation: Fondue and Rösti are good and put you in a cheerful mood :)

Good luck to Gaston in Gstaad :)

#8 ·
Main draw

I.Ljubicic (CRO) [1] - A.Portas(ESP)
D.Sanguinetti (ITA) - M.Chiudinelli(SUI)[wc]
R.Roshardt (SUI)[wc] - R.Ramirez Hidalgo(ESP)
F.Volandri (ITA) - F.Lopez(ESP)[6]

P.H.Mathieu (FRA)[4] - Qualifier
A.Seppi (ITA) - Qualifier
S.Wawrinka (SUI) - A.Pavel(ROM)
C.Berlocq (ARG) - M.Mirnyi(BLR)[8]

C.Moya (ESP)[5] - J.Novak(CZE)[wc]
P.Kohlschreiber (GER) - A.Di Mauro(ITA)
F.Saretta (BRA) - D.Bracciali(ITA)
F.Verdasco (ESP)[3] - Qualifier

R.Gasquet (FRA)[7] - S.Greul(GER)
R.Vik (CZE) - Qualifier
F.Vicente (ESP) - Ch.Rochus(BEL)
M.Daniel (BRA) - G.Gaudio( ARG)[2]

#11 ·
Here is the order of play (which I copied from the tournament thread):

Roy Emerson Arena

Starting at 11:30 AM
Richard GASQUET (FRA) vs Simon GREUL (GER)

NOT BEFORE 2:00 PM
Marcos DANIEL (BRA) vs Gaston GAUDIO (ARG)

followed by
Carlos MOYA (ESP) vs Jiri NOVAK (CZE)

NOT BEFORE 5:30 PM
Stanislas WAWRINKA (SUI) vs Andrei PAVEL (ROM)

followed by
Marco CHIUDINELLI (SUI)/Jean-Claude SCHERRER (SUI) vs Christophe ROCHUS (BEL)/Andreas SEPPI (ITA)

Court 1

Starting at 10:00 AM
Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) vs Alessio DI MAURO (ITA)

followed by
Fernando VICENTE (ESP) vs Christophe ROCHUS (BEL)

followed by
Marin CILIC (CRO) vs Andreas SEPPI (ITA)

followed by
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs Dusan VEMIC (SCG)

followed by
Carlos BERLOCQ (ARG) vs Max MIRNYI (BLR)

followed by
Roman KUTAC (CZE) vs Robin VIK (CZE)

Sports Centre 3
Starting at 12:00 NOON
David SKOCH (CZE)/Rogier WASSEN (NED) vs Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)/Ivan NAVARRO PASTOR (ESP)

VAMOS GASTON!!! IF YOU'RE ON A GOOD WEEK, YOU CAN BEAT THEM ALL!

#13 ·
Gaston won the 1st set 7-6(4) and leads 4-2 with a break.

#14 ·
Gaston wins 7-6(4) 6-2

Was down a break in the 1st, but once he got that, it seems to have been easy enough and now he plays Christophe "the midget" Rochus.

#17 ·
Primal said:
I don't think it's going to be hard. :)
Go Gato :)
You mustn't watch a lot of Gaudio matches, then :)

It's not cause of predictability that he gets support, anything can happen with him.

#20 ·
WHAT GOOD NEWS! :D :banana:
I didn't see the match but he seems to have started hesitantly, like he usually does, and then got into his stride.
The head-to-head with C. Rochus is 1-1, but hopefully he will continue in the tournament! It means a lot, especially as he's lost last year's Gstaad points and has slipped to the 14th place in the ranking.
VAMOS GASTON!!!

#24 ·
swede said:
does someone know why he isnt playing in Båstad? he always said he loves the tournament and it has been choosen to be the best atp tournment by the players many years.. the only thing i can think of is that gstaad offered more money? someone who knows?
Yes, you are right basically Gstaad offers good guarantees, this plus the fact that Gaston likes playing at altitude and even though Båstad clearly has a better field, Gstaad has more points and he needs to defend those points.

#25 ·
I came back from Gstaad yesterday and i wanted to tell you a few words about the match...
It was terribly hot in Gstaad :awww: Franco and Pantera came to the match late and missed the begining... :rolleyes:
Gaston was very stressed on the first set and couldn't take the opportunities he had on Daniel's serves. The crowd was totally for Gaston and i'm sure it helped him to come back in the first set. He screamed a bit to express his frustration but he made a very good tie break, especially in return.
His confidence was back in the second set, he was more relax and his backhand worked again wonderfully :worship:

Sorry, I don't have time for uploading my pics yet...

I hope he will win his second round cause i'll go back to Gstaad if he's in quarter :bounce: vamos Gaston!!!!!!

Reactions: Truc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.