Hello gentlefolks :) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Registered User
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 33,061
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Great stuff. So when you say a graduate degree do you mean Masters?

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Pablo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 23
Posts: 5,646
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Hello enjoy your time here!

Tommy Haas

Roger Federer - David Goffin - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Dominic Thiem - Lleyton Hewitt

Nieminen - L. Mayer - Delbonis - Del Potro - Berlocq - Djokovic - Tsonga - Melzer - Karlovic - Murray - Kohlschreiber

ST [Rank: #31 / Best Rank: #31] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ] [Wins: Australian Open 15' Montpellier 15']
Pablo23 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
 
passingshotDTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Age: 29
Posts: 3,328
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Great stuff. So when you say a graduate degree do you mean Masters?
Nah, I have one of those. I'm working on a PhD. I stay pretty vague about it usually because I'm far too easily trackable, lol (miniscule subfield). But it's an okay gig.

Stan ~ Ferru
Murray ~ Mahut ~ Tsonga ~ Monfils ~ Almagro ~ Brown ~ (Marc) Lopez ~ Marrero ~ McGee ~ Ymer brothers ~ Tiafoe ~ Chung
Stosur ~ Robson ~ Serena ~ Venus ~ Radwanska ~ Bencic ~ Gibbs ~ Mirza ~ Li Na ~ Dellacqua ~ Townsend ~ Bartoli
Paire
passingshotDTL is offline  
 
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
 
passingshotDTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Age: 29
Posts: 3,328
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo23 View Post
Hello enjoy your time here!
Thank you!

Stan ~ Ferru
Murray ~ Mahut ~ Tsonga ~ Monfils ~ Almagro ~ Brown ~ (Marc) Lopez ~ Marrero ~ McGee ~ Ymer brothers ~ Tiafoe ~ Chung
Stosur ~ Robson ~ Serena ~ Venus ~ Radwanska ~ Bencic ~ Gibbs ~ Mirza ~ Li Na ~ Dellacqua ~ Townsend ~ Bartoli
Paire
passingshotDTL is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered User
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 33,061
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingshotDTL View Post
Nah, I have one of those. I'm working on a PhD. I stay pretty vague about it usually because I'm far too easily trackable, lol (miniscule subfield). But it's an okay gig.
Brilliant! Dr Kate

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:45 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 59,797
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Walcome, Katie

.
(November 6st)
ST rank 47 (best 1) - 13 wins, 3 titles (Paris 2014, Madrid + Vienna 2015) YE rank: 16 - 1 - 22 - 47
TT singles rank 105 (high 29), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 30 (high 19). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows), Basel 2015, Barcelona 2016 (w/Björki), Estoril 2016 (w/Taz Warrior), Kitzbühel 2016 (w/tal20)
Detailed Tennis Tipping results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 19,634
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingshotDTL View Post
Nah, I have one of those. I'm working on a PhD. I stay pretty vague about it usually because I'm far too easily trackable, lol (miniscule subfield). But it's an okay gig.
Hope it is going better than mine

Pratik is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Registered User
 
Aquila90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 26
Posts: 226
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Hi Katie and welcome to MTF!

Supporter of the following tennis players:


ATP: Andy Murray, Jerzy Janowicz and Nick Kyrgios

WTA: Ana Ivanović, Sorana Cîrstea, Laura Robson and Heather Watson


R.I.P. Elena Baltacha!
Aquila90 is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,034
                     
Re: Hello gentlefolks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingshotDTL View Post
So I kind of missed this introduction forum when I joined last month, but better late than never!

I'm Katie, from California (and living there currently) but have spent significant time in London, so if British spellings/constructions leak in, that's why. I like to think I'm pretty levelheaded, and the academic in me tries to see all the sides to every issue, so if we get in an argument I'm likely to say "I see your point!" and mean it. (Though I'm no pushover.) When I'm not watching tennis or working on my graduate degree, I like to swim, cook, read, and play card games. Right now I'm trying to change my gym schedule to go at 5am instead of 3pm because "it helps me get up for tennis in European timezones!" (We'll see how well that works. 5am is damn early.)

I love many players (see my signature), but I'll watch just about any match if good tennis is on show. Power and finesse appeal to me in equal measure, and the best thing in the world is - as my username might suggest - a good passing shot down the line. My favourite match is currently Stan and Richie's R16 encounter at last year's Roland Garros, but I'm always ready and willing for it to be supplanted. I absolutely adore doubles tennis, and watch it as often as it's streamed (which is sadly far too rarely).

I'm always open to talking with people, whether that's via private message on here or on Twitter (PM me for my Twitter name). Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
Haha Katie you seem too good for this dump. You'll notice soon enough.

But if you wanna stay, by all means welcome. I love that you like Magnus Norman as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcis_forehand View Post
That is why Murray decided to injure himself and Djokovic, to help Berdych.

Tea of truth:


Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome