MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rios accuses Andre of drug use?
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 08:34 AM
country flag undomiele

Re: Rios accuses Andre of drug use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixy
Well if thats what Rios actually said unomiele i would hate say it but i probably agree with him. The atp would never want one of their star players which promote the sport so much to have any taint of drugs near them but they dont minded naming lesser known players because at least then it looks like they are doing something about the drugs problem.

NOTE: I'm not accusing any of the top players of taking drugs.
Yeah, I think Rios makes sense here --not to say it actually happens-- but that the players should talk about it makes me think that there should definitely be an independent parallel organization that tests the players. The ATP certainly can possess a lot of control and discretion over who gets "caught" and who doesn't. It is sad to think of it but it does seem rather strange to me that none of the top players ever got nailed for this. I mean Boris Becker was a self-confessed rabid pill popper and a bit of a coke head... how'd he get by the controls?

Its all pretty sketchy and the ATP should be made to answer for some of these accusations and make the process more transparent.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome