Mr. Disney Watch - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Sparko - no one here likes Guns n' Roses more than Nico. So you're forgiven too.

Brahna - The Brooklyn Follies was a great book. But the quote is a bit misleading. Auster is a unique writer, and he looks at the quirky part of people's characters, especially the people that make up NYC, and how people are seeking to find themselves - which sounds cliche but with Auster, it doesn't seem cliche.
NicoFan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Could it be any harder...
 
kidnicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vampiroland
Posts: 19,491
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

sweet child is just the best song!! the music is a complete perfect conjuction of every single instrument played by the band and the voice of Axel in that song is just impossible to do if you're not Axl Rose

sorry sometimes the frustrated musician in me comes out ... Brahna nice taste

btw I don't know why are we talking about all this here, this should be in the chat thread maybe is just because Sparko keeps forgetting her Vamos Nico just kidding

Nico Massu The golden boy


AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline  
post #33 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahna View Post
I love other stuff too :
Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, WASP, The New York Dolls - Johnny Thunders, Blind Melon, Van Halen, Kiss, Thin Lizzy,The Sex Pistols,PIL, CCR, Deep Purple, Social Distortion, Jeff Buckley, Alice Cooper,The Ramones, Chuck Berry, Michaël Monroe, The Doors, Deep Purple, Nazareth, NIN, MC5, Black sabbath, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Velvet Revolver, Noir Désir, the Clash...
Great list!

I loved Van Halen...saw them a couple of times. Also like Led Zep, NIN, Deep Purple, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Dylan, Springsteen. Used to like Noir Desir until the tragedy with the lead singerl. Don't laugh but liked Motley Crue too! Nikki Sixx... A few other bands like AD DC, Nirvana, Soundgarden....
NicoFan is offline  
post #34 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered User
 
LOVELY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,088
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Great list!

I loved Van Halen...saw them a couple of times. Also like Led Zep, NIN, Deep Purple, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Dylan, Springsteen. Used to like Noir Desir until the tragedy with the lead singerl. Don't laugh but liked Motley Crue too! Nikki Sixx... A few other bands like AD DC, Nirvana, Soundgarden....
I like Noir Désir too (great lyrics ) and Nirvana ...As I said I love U2 and also Placebo, Muse ,Robbie Williams ( ) and also some french singers...

VAMOS GASTON

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu



Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline  
post #35 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

U2 is good Lovely! I sat in the front row for one of their concerts once back at the end of the 80s - it was awesome.

And I forgot one - Aerosmith - I have an Aerosmith story to telll - I shook Steven Tyler's hand - but don't have time to tell it now. Will do it over the weekend.
NicoFan is offline  
post #36 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered User
 
Sparko1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The land of sky blue waters
Posts: 10,269
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
Sparko - no one here likes Guns n' Roses more than Nico. So you're forgiven too.

Gracias Nicofan!

I do love the Rollling Stones (I can never understand how the Beatles can be called the best rock and roll band of all time when there are the Stones! ) Led Zeplin, the Clash, and many more from your list Brahna are great! I would add Green Day, U2, and Pearl Jam too! And Aerosmith rocks! I will look forward to that story Nicofan!

(Kid, dont' laugh at me, but I almost wrote VAMOS NICO here )

NICOLAS MASSU

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline  
post #37 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Could it be any harder...
 
kidnicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vampiroland
Posts: 19,491
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

I'm not laughing at you Sparko, I have had to delete a lot of Vamos Nico in other threads

Nico Massu The golden boy


AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline  
post #38 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 06:14 PM
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Alx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calais - France
Age: 41
Posts: 7,298
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030 View Post
I do love the Rollling Stones (I can never understand how the Beatles can be called the best rock and roll band of all time when there are the Stones! )
I never thought that the Beatles made rock and roll. I prefer the Rolling Stones too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
And I forgot one - Aerosmith - I have an Aerosmith story to telll - I shook Steven Tyler's hand - but don't have time to tell it now. Will do it over the weekend.
I like Aerosmith too, INXS and Noir Désir.

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu


Alx is offline  
post #39 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Registered User
 
Sparko1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The land of sky blue waters
Posts: 10,269
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx View Post
I never thought that the Beatles made rock and roll. I prefer the Rolling Stones too.
Exactly what I think Alx-but they're put in that catagory sometimes anyway...

NICOLAS MASSU

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline  
post #40 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered User
 
Brahna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rennes
Posts: 793
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

What the Players Say about round robin format. From tennis.com

“I thought it was an interesting idea in the first place. Now I'm not a big fan any more of it... Just keep the knockout system. That's so unique about tennis, one bad day, you're out.”
- Roger Federer

“I totally agree with the change in the system to round robin… that favours the show, the players and the tournament. Everyone. I am thrilled.”
- Rafael Nadal


“It can be strange, we are not used to it. It might be interesting, but I don’t think the whole calendar can be played using that format.”
- David Nalbandian

“The tournament directors want to have the best players the whole week and it’s understandable.”
- Marat Safin

“We didn’t have a say in all this. They only consulted the Nadals and Federers.”
- Nicholas Mahut

“It seems to be a good idea for the tournament directors, the TV and the fans. It’s good for the players because it gives them a second chance.”
- Sebastien Grosjean

“Only economic arguments are behind all this. Losing a match and winning the tournament at the end, is something I have trouble to accept.”
- Fabrice Santoro

“I have played in the Masters, which is the only tournament right now using the league format, and it's good for the players. Even if you have an off-day you have the chance to win the title.”
- Carlos Moya

“It never hurts to try it. We can try it. First of all, I think the main issue is how the fans respond to it. If it increases the interest in tennis, then I think we should go along with that. They are the ones paying our bills.”
- Dmitry Tursunov

“I don’t like it, a win against a top ten player becomes less important. A player can beat Federer and not be able to qualify.”
- Edgardo Massa
Brahna is offline  
post #41 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Could it be any harder...
 
kidnicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vampiroland
Posts: 19,491
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Thanks Brahna .... Nicolas Mahut and Fabrice Santoro

Nico Massu The golden boy


AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline  
post #42 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahna View Post
What the Players Say about round robin format. From tennis.com

“I thought it was an interesting idea in the first place. Now I'm not a big fan any more of it... Just keep the knockout system. That's so unique about tennis, one bad day, you're out.”
- Roger Federer

“I totally agree with the change in the system to round robin… that favours the show, the players and the tournament. Everyone. I am thrilled.”
- Rafael Nadal


“It can be strange, we are not used to it. It might be interesting, but I don’t think the whole calendar can be played using that format.”
- David Nalbandian

“The tournament directors want to have the best players the whole week and it’s understandable.”
- Marat Safin

“We didn’t have a say in all this. They only consulted the Nadals and Federers.”
- Nicholas Mahut

“It seems to be a good idea for the tournament directors, the TV and the fans. It’s good for the players because it gives them a second chance.”
- Sebastien Grosjean

“Only economic arguments are behind all this. Losing a match and winning the tournament at the end, is something I have trouble to accept.”
- Fabrice Santoro

“I have played in the Masters, which is the only tournament right now using the league format, and it's good for the players. Even if you have an off-day you have the chance to win the title.”
- Carlos Moya

“It never hurts to try it. We can try it. First of all, I think the main issue is how the fans respond to it. If it increases the interest in tennis, then I think we should go along with that. They are the ones paying our bills.”
- Dmitry Tursunov

“I don’t like it, a win against a top ten player becomes less important. A player can beat Federer and not be able to qualify.”
- Edgardo Massa
Thanks Brahna!

And definitely a to Mahut and Santoro.
NicoFan is offline  
post #43 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Miss Fabray
 
Fergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Federerland
Posts: 55,507
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

Santoro is so right!

The King Roger Federer



Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline  
post #44 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Could it be any harder...
 
kidnicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vampiroland
Posts: 19,491
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

the little frenchie rules

Nico Massu The golden boy


AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline  
post #45 of 100 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered User
 
Brahna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rennes
Posts: 793
                     
Re: 2007 Round Robin Tournaments

from the ATP website



The ATP will conduct its one-year round-robin trial testing the three following formats:

· A 24-player round robin draw consisting of 8 groups of 3 players. Each player will play two guaranteed matches in the round robin stage. The winner from each group will advance to the final rounds (quarterfinals) and then will play out the tournament per a traditional elimination format.

· A 32-player hybrid format consisting of a 16-player “Main Draw Elimination Round” with the 8 winners joining 16 other players to make up the 8 groups of 3 players. Each player will then play two guaranteed matches in the round robin stage. The winner from each group will advance to the final rounds (quarterfinals), and then will play out the tournament per a traditional elimination format.

· A 48-player round robin draw consisting of 16 groups of 3 players. Each player will play two guaranteed matches in the round robin stage. The winner from each group will advance to the final rounds (round of 16), and then will play out the tournament per a traditional elimination format.

Damn it!

Just hope everybody will say that's it's a goddamn nasty idea, it's not because de Villiers comes from wonderland and alice, mickey mouse and so on that he has the right to change tennis just by snapping his fingers. It's not wonderland here, it's the real life! And we're here to say we disagree!

Then the first round on grand slam during 3 days with the beginning on sunday isn't good either. Then it's one chance on 3 to see the players we want to see : Look at that, I explain :

I'll buy a place for 2 days at Roland Garros, the first monday and tuesday on centre court, then I can go on annex courts if Nico plays on. But we're limited to 2 days on a "big" court, the others days, we just have access to annex. So I take one for the first sunday on annex courts. But imagine, if Nico plays on sunday on centre court, that wouldn't be fair!

So after moaning and complaining, (i'm not sure someone will read that til the end!) I just have to pray to see Nico in 2007 at Roland Garros!

Sorry to that rant!
See ya!

AND VAMOS NICO!
Brahna is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome