This just s*cks. I'm so sick of my Nico getting bad draws.
And poor Nico - he won't be able to start winning again until the summer. He can't be prepared for the French if he isn't getting court time, and he can't get court time with first round losses.
What a nightmare. This is just like 2003.
The Fena one isn't as bad as it looks - Moya has shoulder problems - its the Mayer 2nd round that makes me want to cry.
And yes, the "other" Fernando - that poor boy has worst luck in draws then Nico and Fena combined - and that's saying a lot.
This is the full draw in case people are interested.
(1) Roger Federer (SUI) vs. Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
David Ferrer (ESP) vs. Tomas Berdych (CZE)
Andre Pavel (ROM) vs. Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)
(WC) Alexander Waske (GER) vs. (14) Tommy Robredo (ESP)
(10) Guillermo Coria (ARG) vs. Vincent Spadea (USA)
Karol Beck (SVK) vs. Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)
Mario Ancic (CRO) vs. Florian Mayer (GER)
Fernando Gonzalez (CHI) vs. (7) Carlos Moya (ESP)
(3) Marat Safin (RUS) vs. Alberto Martin (ESP)
Jurgen Melzer (AUT) vs. Qualifier
Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs. Qualifier
Michael Llodra (FRA) vs. (15) Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)
(11) Joachim Johansson (SWE) vs. Sebastien Grosjean (FRA)
(WC) Phillip Kohlschreiber (GER) vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)
Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs. Qualifier
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) vs. (8) Andre Agassi
(5) Tim Henman (GBR) vs. (WC) Lars Burgsmuller (GER)
Greg Rusedski (GBR) vs. Phillip Petzschner (GER)
Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs. Thomas Johansson (SWE)
Robin Soderling (SWE) vs. (9) David Nalbandian (ARG)
(13) Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) vs. Luis Horna (PER)
Qualifier vs. Qualifier
Max Mirnyi (BLR) vs. Albert Costa (ESP)
(4) Gaston Gaudio (ARG) vs. Qualifier
(6) Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs. Igor Andreev (RUS)
Jiri Novak (CZE) vs. Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
Rainer Schuettler (GER) vs. Qualifier
Fabrice Santoro (FRA) vs. (12) Guillermo Canas (ARG)
(16) Radek Stepanek (CZE) vs. Cyril Saulnier (FRA)
Tommy Haas (GER) vs. Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)
Ivo Karlovic vs. Qualifier
Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. (2) Andy Roddick (USA)