Mens Tennis Forums banner

Worried about Juanqui

3K views 58 replies 16 participants last post by  Jazzy 
#1 · (Edited)
JC has now lost six matches in a row. . .a first for him and this worries me. Ever since the US Open, it seems like he's been on a downward spiral (save for the TMS Madrid win) and I am worried that his less-than-stellar end to 2003 will affect his playing (or his mental game) going into 2004.

The Houston masters was just a nightmare. His record was the worst of the bunch; he didn't win one match and he looked like he just didn't give a shit about it all. The Davis Cup loss against an injured player just added another thorn in his side.

In contrast, his top seed peers will be going into 2004 feeling pretty good about themselves: Roddick is No. 1 and king of the hardcourts; Federer played Houston like a flute and walked away with the pot of gold as well as gaining new fans; veteran Agassi beat the young guns to make it to the semifinal with Federer and was the only player of the lot to give Federer any kind of serious competition all week (the first match, not the final). Everybody moved up in the rankings except for JC, who moved down. Yikes.

And defending his Roland Garros title will be difficult; the Argentines will be a serious threat to him next year.

On top of all this, JC just looks flat-out miserable, tired, and unhappy to me. I actually thought he was ill in Houston, that's how out of it he looked. The tennis off-season just isn't long enough for players to relax and recover from their injuries and I know he has complained of this before.

I hope JC will be able to recover and shake off this bad run and get back on track in 2004. He doesn't strike me as being a headcase but I still don't like seeing him so down like this. :sad:

See less See more
#4 ·
tangerine dream--you have put my thoughts into words PERFECTLY...i have felt the exact same things and have no idea whats going on in that mind of his. He's looks SO down and miserable and i've been really worried but i guess theres no way we'll know whats going on...we'll just have to see what happens next year when he comes back to Australia. I hope he's not having big personal problems out of tennis or something but obviously...we wouldnt know and theres no point speculating whats wrong but whatever is wrong, i hope it gets better soon and our Juan Carlos feels better soon again

#5 ·
Damn I thought I was the only one thinking that... But you know guys, Claudine is right on this one! Every player can have a period during which he or she is not playing as good as he or she can. But I'm sure that, if we give him some time, he'll make up for it in the future. I can't believe that a guy as talented as JC would simply vanish from the top 3, top 5, top 10 or whatever... *although Hewitt has been pushed out of the top 5 in no time, which is kind of a scary thought* Argh what am I saying!

We WILL prevail !!!
*omg i'm beginning to sound like Mr Bush of the US of A... YIKES*

:worship: Hail King Juan Carlos :worship:

#6 ·
lol @ joske
i'm more worried than nething, worried about why he's being so sad and looking so miserable but it's all a matter of time as we said *sigh*
poor baby :(

#7 ·
Wouldn't you just wanna hug him to comfort him? *hehehe* Our sweet prince.... *hmmmm, you guys also have this feeling that your obsession with JC is getting out of hand?*

Well, here in Belgium we always say "thank God being crazy doesn't hurt"
(you guys have a saying like that too? think it's kinda appropriate in this situation ;) )

#8 ·
Who cares about Lleyton Hewitt??!! If he goes down then thats good! I really strongly dis-like him and I dont care if he goes down...but JC, such a talented guy and deserves to stay in the top 10 has had such a bad end-of-season. I really hope he does get back on the horse and starts playing good and winning again...but I think bad luck is on his side...just not playing so well has made him slip down.

Lets all hope that he will bounce back and have a season he will never forget!! (May it be a good one!!)

Good Luck!

BTW its so cool to see how many ppl are worried about JC's state (not in a mental way)...shows how many ppl like and care for him soo much!! Ahh!

#10 ·
about pulling a hewitt...dont even think about comparing JCF to hewitt!!!!! JC is 1000000x more tennis player and person than him and please never ever compare him to hewitt again!! lol

i'm still worried about JC and will be until i see him play a match again. It was just really disheartening to see him during DC and that week before and he just looked so out of it and depressed :sad: :sad: :sad:

#11 ·
i think we need to give him a little time...i hope he can just relax for a little while and i hope he doesn't keep reliving the davis cup matches...but i'm worried that they'll be constantly analysing them to try and improve his technique but while doing that it'll just make him more sad :( :(
i just want him to smileeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D :D

#14 ·
u didnt see how depressed he looked! but yeah i can see how you would think we're overreacting, we just need to give him some time, he's had a hard year and hes just probably tired and needs a break physically and mentally.

Good luck in 2004 JC :kiss:

#15 ·
I agree with you guys. Juanqui didn't really have a good time at the Masters Cup , and for a moment I thought he was gonna win in DC ( taking the matches into deciding sets ) but his nerves got the better of him I guess.... or he was unlucky. It might be a blow to his confidence but he or rather we shouldn't give up on him!! He can bounce back! :)
C'mon Juanqui!

#17 ·
Re: Re: Worried about Juanqui

esther said:
about pulling a hewitt...dont even think about comparing JCF to hewitt!!!!! JC is 1000000x more tennis player and person than him and please never ever compare him to hewitt again!! lol
Look i'm a big fan of JC but Hewitt is my no1. How can u say that. Lleyton is a yr younger than JC yet has already acomplished more. He had a bad yr but he'll be bck. As for him as a person well i get how he's not everyone's cup of tea but he just wants to win thats all.

#19 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Re: Worried about Juanqui

Crazy_Fool said:
Look i'm a big fan of JC but Hewitt is my no1. How can u say that. Lleyton is a yr younger than JC yet has already acomplished more. He had a bad yr but he'll be bck. As for him as a person well i get how he's not everyone's cup of tea but he just wants to win thats all.
Yup I kinda agree. Not that I think Hewitt's better but I wouldn't go as far as saying JC is 1000000x better than him... I have a soft spot for Lleyton; he was my favourite player before I spotted Juanqui. He's our Kim's boyfriend *and Kim is the best*, which is why I still like him ;)
But this is not the only reason why I like him of course, he CAN play some really good tennis too, he just hasn't been able to show us that lately..

#20 ·
Hi. I'm new to this forum too but I'm also a JCF fan.

He did look depressed during this november. But if losing didn't make him depressed than something is really wrong, because JCF is someone who's very serious about his tennis. He don't seem to get overjoy when he wins (even after winning Roland Garros, he's just looked more relief than anything). But when he lost a big tournament, he always looked down right destroyed. I hope that the last month's result won't hurt his confident. And last year he also had 2 heartbreaking losses in RG and TMC but the losses didn't break him either. So I think he's a very strong person. I don't think it's the nerves or that he's a headcase. I think his losses are that he's spent at the end of this year. My question is, where can he find time to rest and recover physically and mentally, now that he's going to play Sydney and Australia Open next year. Still, I think I have some blind faith in him that he'll try to get back to his top form again once the new season arrives.

#21 ·
crazy_fool and joske- i'm sorry if i offended you. As you probably could see i dont have much respect for Hewitt or Andy but i will keep my comments to myself. Neway on the topic of hewitt i was actually wandering around during the Hewitt/JCF match and theres all these TVs all around the inside part of Rod Laver Arena and who do i see standing watching one of those tvs but Kim Clijsters!! I cant believe that she was just standing there and she was actually a lot prettier in real life!! She loooked really nervous but was cheering her boyfriend on lol neway thats my story

#23 · (Edited)
Yeah I've seen Kim in the audience too (on TV). Yes she did look pretty. Oh I just love her.. She's from a province of Belgium bordering my province, where they speak this really cute dialect of Dutch.. You probably should be from around here to hear it and understand it, but people from that province are like... sweeter and kinder and what-not than other people in Belgium! :D And bc she's from that province she automatically became a girl that everybody loves here in Belgium.. (as opposed to Justine, who has more of a reputation of being..... let's say less friendly not to offend anyone ;) ) SHe's from the south of Belgium, where French is spoken. And I don't know if you know, but there has always been some sort of love-hate relation between ppl from the N and ppl from the S... And you can see this even in sports (most Flemish ppl are Kim fans, most Walloons love Justine)

Hmmm unless you are from around here LOL then my whole story was.. kinda pointless :p Ah well maybe someone else did learn something about Belgium today, so it's not that bad *hehe you're probably all asleep by the time you reached the end of my novel :p *

Greeties x :wavey:

PS and no esther I didn't feel offended at all sweety ;)

#24 ·
crazy_fool and joske- nah u had every right to defend hewitt and even tho i really dont like him should have been more careful with what i said so i'm sorry again.

joske- if i knew you liked her so much i would have asked her for an autograph to give to you!! Yeah i know shes REALLY nice and she's so cute when she speaks english! She's absolutely LOVED here in australia...for obvious reasons lol but yeah interesting about the differences between people coming from different regions of Belgium...coming from Australia we wouldnt be used to people speaking different languages in different parts of the country- do u just speak dutch?

#25 ·
i love kim...she's so cute and she's always supporting the aussies and stuff when she doesn't really need too...and what i also like is how she doens't play up to the cameras even though they're always showing her watching lleyton..

#26 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Worried about Juanqui

Yeah SO true. Kim is ALWAYS a nice person, on AND off the court. Think she's one of the sweetest sports persons ever.. :worship:

esther said:
interesting about the differences between people coming from different regions of Belgium...coming from Australia we wouldnt be used to people speaking different languages in different parts of the country- do u just speak dutch?
Well, my mother tongue is Dutch, but bc we have multiple official langs here we learn French in school from the age of 10 or something, so I can get by using French too. And German being the third lang spoken here, we learn that as well in secondary school (or high school like they would say in the US -and Australia?-). I think it's cool that there is much attention for languages in our basic educational system, this has made it possible for me to come here and talk to all you lovely Juanqui fans ;)

BTW I'l LOVE to go to Australia and/or NZ one day.. Every picture, documentary, ... I see about them are like.. WOW :eek: Plus I like the Australian English a lot too ;) Maybe, one day... *sigh*

Anyways, greeties from lil' me x :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.