Mens Tennis Forums banner

USA vs. Chile, April 7-9

5K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  Deboogle!. 
#1 ·
Looks like Andre has made himself available for the USA's Davis Cup tie against Chile in April. That should prove interesting!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060311/sp_nm/tennis_agassi_dc_1

Wonder what PMac will do? Anyone going to this tie in Mission Hills, CA? We're trying, but not sure yet if we'll be going. Got our fingers crossed...would love to be there to cheer Bob and Mike on against Gonzalez/Massu! Also, it's on grass! How cool is that? Then, if Andre plays?! Man, this just keeps getting better and better.

#30 ·
Björki said:
have a lot of fun Amber, Tiff and Deb :D
I am green with envy.
Yes have fun all of you that get to go there :cool: And get that crowd fired up because I saw the last tie on TV and I thought everyone was sitting on their hands with their mouths' taped closed :eek: I thought our players got better support last year in Belgium :rolleyes: Good Luck to
the Bryans, James, and Andy :worship:

#38 ·
Awesome match well done to them! Really the world number one ! ^^

#43 ·
We blame Bob and Mike for winning so fast that we had the whole afternoon free and we went to the Outlet Mall and spent too much money :lol: :p

Nah, it was fun to see the guys play so well, I don't think i've seen three sets - doubles on grass or otherwise - that lasted barely over an hour :eek: Yeah they were playing the B-Team, but they still came out totally pumped up, full of energy, and ready to play. They could've taken their foot off the gas a little and saved up or something but they didn't, and that's what makes champions :D Anyway I took a bunch of pics so I'll try to get those up soon!

#45 ·
Yeah, Bob and Mike really did play awesome. And Deb...we didn't meet up! I totally forgot you were going to be there! MAN...next time for sure! I don't know if Bob and Mike were disappointed to be playing the "B" team, as it made for a sure point...which is all they care about in Davis Cup. I was definitely disappointed though...Gonzalez/Massu would have been an extremely tough match, but it would have been very exciting to watch!

Oh well, at least they got the point...I certainly would have liked a bit longer of a match though. I also took lots of pics, so hopefully they'll be up on bobandmike.com soon. I have to catch up on my sleep first though. We got home at 5am on Monday morning and went straight to work! lol

#46 ·
Oh, by the way, Andy played awesome on Sunday to clinch the tie. Fernando totally lost his cool over some rowdy Chilean fans (who for some reason felt the need to scream right as we was going to serve) and over a couple really close line calls. Don't know if the calls were right, but he totally lost it and in doing so, lost the match. Andy had his hands full before that, but he toughed it out and played really really well to win that match. Way to go Team USA! Now they'll travel to Russia for the semifinals...another tough tie.

#47 ·
I know :( I realized we didn't exchange contact info when I saw people walking around with the Bryans Bunch shirts - chances are we passed each other at some point too :( Next time, for sure :) But glad you guys had fun too! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.