Tommy news - Page 58 - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #856 of 1081 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 PM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
I think we just have to wait till he'll talk himself

thanks for the info truc

Btw guys i changed my name, but it's me, Tommy Girl
not that im not into tommy or whatever, i just felt of it as a bit stalkerish...
Eve you could never be mistaken for a stalker! Or may be more to the point I bet a lot of guys would love to be stalked by you Well the ATP site says Tommy plays for the U.S. Personally I find this whole flag thing on the funny/confusing side since Tommy is completely off the Tour and can't play for any country at all I'll always back Tommy no matter what country he will be playing for, but honestly I just can't see the point in him switching flags this late in his career
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #857 of 1081 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Eve you could never be mistaken for a stalker! Or may be more to the point I bet a lot of guys would love to be stalked by you Well the ATP site says Tommy plays for the U.S. Personally I find this whole flag thing on the funny/confusing side since Tommy is completely off the Tour and can't play for any country at all I'll always back Tommy no matter what country he will be playing for, but honestly I just can't see the point in him switching flags this late in his career
yeh well i hear a lot of stories of ppl who know that the players know about MTF. and then it's just stalkerish to have a name as tommy girl , even though it's also my fav perfume

Soooo.. There's a new column on his website, also not mentioning anything about the flags, but only talks about celebs he met and the birth of his older sisters child http://www.tommy-haas.net/?111A2

.
<Eve> is offline  
post #858 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Tommy news

Hey guys! During the BMW Open coverage in Munich today, the Sport1 commentator Elmar Paulke (also Tommy's brother-in-law) has mentioned that Tommy will play for the USA. Haas requested the ATP + ITF to change his nationality to the U.S. It was not a decision of the ATP to change it. Paulke said something like Tommy's dream is to play the US Open as an American, for all the US fans who supported him there over the years.
TommyB. is offline  
post #859 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 AM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
Hey guys! During the BMW Open coverage in Munich today, the Sport1 commentator Elmar Paulke (also Tommy's brother-in-law) has mentioned that Tommy will play for the USA. Haas requested the ATP + ITF to change his nationality to the U.S. It was not a decision of the ATP to change it. Paulke said something like Tommy's dream is to play the US Open as an American, for all the US fans who supported him there over the years.
ok fair enough
Did he also mention the year of the US Open he wants to play??

.
<Eve> is offline  
post #860 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Advantage Haas!
 
el tenista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 941
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
Hey guys! During the BMW Open coverage in Munich today, the Sport1 commentator Elmar Paulke (also Tommy's brother-in-law) has mentioned that Tommy will play for the USA. Haas requested the ATP + ITF to change his nationality to the U.S. It was not a decision of the ATP to change it. Paulke said something like Tommy's dream is to play the US Open as an American, for all the US fans who supported him there over the years.
What a clown. Can't believe it. I'd like to see him playing Halle as an American and the reaction of the German crowd. They won't be delighted I can tell you.
And he wants to play Davis Cup for Germany with the American flag or what? This decision is just ridiculous!

Haas on his way back
el tenista is offline  
post #861 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 131
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tenista View Post
What a clown. Can't believe it. I'd like to see him playing Halle as an American and the reaction of the German crowd. They won't be delighted I can tell you.
And he wants to play Davis Cup for Germany with the American flag or what? This decision is just ridiculous!
Sounds to me like you need to find someone else to support.
sundog is offline  
post #862 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Advantage Haas!
 
el tenista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 941
                     
Re: Tommy news

I just need time to cool down. I will follow his matches and support him but without the passion of the last years.

Haas on his way back
el tenista is offline  
post #863 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered User
 
Lugburz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: near the quasars
Age: 27
Posts: 7,166
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tenista View Post
I just need time to cool down. I will follow his matches and support him but without the passion of the last years.
I think you'll be just fine Sure it's hard to think anything on this subject ,without him playing matches. But as soon as he steps in as Tommy Haas, it's whole new thing. I found his decision to change the country difficult as well,but I'm pretty sure I'll follow him with the same emotion like in past years.
Did his decision hurt me?-yes,but what the hell,he knows the best. and we are still waiting his final word on this subject.

TOMMY HAAS

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT


Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline  
post #864 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Tommy news

ppl.. why cry over ones country?!?!? i really dont understand it. its freakng Tommy Haas, no matter his country its tommy!!!! I see Tommy on court agains for example Roger, not some German guy against a Swiss. Get over it guys and try to focus on his come-back in stead of over his country....

.
<Eve> is offline  
post #865 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Tommy news

It's too bad that he doesn't say anything on his hp so far. Well, I could accept Tommy's decision because I like the tennis player first of all. Without Tommy Haas, tennis is not the same for me. And in my opinion, he won't play Davis Cup anymore, neither for Germany nor the United States.
TommyB. is offline  
post #866 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:56 AM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
It's too bad that he doesn't say anything on his hp so far. Well, I could accept Tommy's decision because I like the tennis player first of all. Without Tommy Haas, tennis is not the same for me. And in my opinion, he won't play Davis Cup anymore, neither for Germany nor the United States.
i agree on that, but he must have his own reasons to not talk about it?
i wish he also wouldve mentioned anything about his healing and some expectations ..

.
<Eve> is offline  
post #867 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
i agree on that, but he must have his own reasons to not talk about it?
i wish he also wouldve mentioned anything about his healing and some expectations ..
Last week on sport1 they said that Tommy is doing well and he continues with his rehab. He wants to play the US Open, that's his own goal, but it's still doubtful at the moment.
TommyB. is offline  
post #868 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
Last week on sport1 they said that Tommy is doing well and he continues with his rehab. He wants to play the US Open, that's his own goal, but it's still doubtful at the moment.
Ok thanks for that info TB!! I knew he wanted to play UO for USA, but didnt know if he really meant this year and if it was a possible goal. We'll wait and see then

.
<Eve> is offline  
post #869 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Registered User
 
oranges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 13,564
                     
Re: Tommy news

Yay, hope it goes according to plan.

BTW, nice flag sig Eve
oranges is offline  
post #870 of 1081 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Advantage Haas!
 
el tenista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 941
                     
Re: Tommy news

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
ppl.. why cry over ones country?!?!?
Because I care about tennis in my country. Everytime Haas won big matches in the past, tennis was in focus of the media here. For example when Haas reached the semis of Wimbledon last year, suddenly three quarters of my school grade (of which maybe 5% had seriously something to do with tennis and we were 150 students!) talked to me about Haas' victory and began to ask me questions on tennis and where to watch his semi final on the internet (!!). The public in Germany talked about tennis, followed his semi-final and not only Eurosport, you know what I mean?
Now the time that a German player can land a big win is definitely over because Haas is now an American. You cannot expect Kohlschreiber, Petzschner or anyone else to go far at a Grand Slam tournament in close future. So in the next time, nobody will care about tennis in Germany. And that's what makes me very sad because I see the downfall esepcially of the small tennis clubs here in my country (e.g. my club, 10 years ago we had 250 members, no we are down to 171).

Haas on his way back
el tenista is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome