Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

This is the next Tournament Tommy is scheduled to play in. And there have been a lot of pull outs of players. Not only from the Main Entry List, but the Alternate List also. So maybe if Tommy could just get a decent draw here he could pick up some points--I know that's too much to ask for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned!
 
kiwifan80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 472
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

U never know... Hopefully Tommy will finally have some luck
kiwifan80 is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 04:01 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan80 View Post
U never know... Hopefully Tommy will finally have some luck
Tommy is overdue for some luck I think--please
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

(1) Davydenko Nikolay RUS - Santoro Fabrice FRA
Moodie Wesley RSA - (WC) Gabashvili Teimuraz RUS
Johansson Thomas SWE - Dancevic Frank CAN
Schuettler Rainer GER - (7) Youzhny Mikhail RUS

(4) Haas Tommy GER - Q
Phau Bjorn GER - (WC) Kunitsyn Igor RUS
Bracciali Daniele ITA - Starace Potito ITA
Tipsarevic Janko SCG - (5) Nieminen Jarkko FIN

(6) Tursunov Dmitry RUS - Mirnyi Max BLR
Q - Pavel Andrei ROM
Q - Sluiter Raemon NED
Goldstein Paul USA - (3) Ancic Mario CRO

(8) Melzer Jurgen AUT - Dlouhy Lukas CZE
Vik Robin CZE - (WC) Gulbis Ernest LAT
Hernych Jan CZE - Korolev Evgeny RUS
Q - (2) Robredo Tommy ESP

Not a bad draw but you never know!
TommyB. is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Registered User
 
Alexiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Posts: 2,670
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

This is definitely a good draw, but if Tommy is as unmotivated as against Rafa he can lose in round 1...

GO TOMMY HAAS
Alexiana is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:30 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana View Post
This is definitely a good draw, but if Tommy is as unmotivated as against Rafa he can lose in round 1...
What has happened to Tommy I don't think you got to see him at the U.S. Open like I did? But he really played so hard and you could tell he wanted to win every Match. He didn't, but he really, really tried. And since then it is like he has just gone away. I mean his body is at the Tournaments, but that is all Oh well his body would do for me but he needs to do more than just show up to win tennis matches
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered User
 
Alexiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Posts: 2,670
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
What has happened to Tommy I don't think you got to see him at the U.S. Open like I did? But he really played so hard and you could tell he wanted to win every Match. He didn't, but he really, really tried. And since then it is like he has just gone away. I mean his body is at the Tournaments, but that is all Oh well his body would do for me but he needs to do more than just show up to win tennis matches
yeah, he seems not to believe himself, that he can reach the cup and beat people like Nadal...

GO TOMMY HAAS
Alexiana is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:07 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana View Post
yeah, he seems not to believe himself, that he can reach the cup and beat people like Nadal...
There are players that don't believe in themselves I know. But somehow Tommy never seemed to be one of those players to me. Maybe at this point in his career and especially since so much bad has happened to him he just can't always get really up for each and every Tournament. I don't know
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered User
 
Alexiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Posts: 2,670
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
There are players that don't believe in themselves I know. But somehow Tommy never seemed to be one of those players to me. Maybe at this point in his career and especially since so much bad has happened to him he just can't always get really up for each and every Tournament. I don't know
Yeah and it's ok, that you cannot give everything everytime, but I hate it when Tommy loses against Top players although he has the weapons to beat them

He will play the qualifier Nenad Zimonjic. He is a dangerous player, but Tommy should beat him

GO TOMMY HAAS
Alexiana is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Registered User
 
angela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,056
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana View Post
yeah, he seems not to believe himself, that he can reach the cup and beat people like Nadal...
Sure.

Si todos los derechos son reservados, ¿son todos los zurdos muy habladores?
angela is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:08 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana View Post
Yeah and it's ok, that you cannot give everything everytime, but I hate it when Tommy loses against Top players although he has the weapons to beat them

He will play the qualifier Nenad Zimonjic. He is a dangerous player, but Tommy should beat him
I know Nenad because he normally plays Doubles with Santoro. But I don't think I have ever noticed him playing Singles I hope this isn't another case of--would have, should have, could have-- when it comes to the outcome of this Match. Tommy should defeat a player like this with all ease, but will he (And let me make it clear I'm not saying this to put the other player down, I'm just saying Tommy has the talent to win this Match!) Now Tommy win the Match--please
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Tommy def. Zimonjic 6:2 6:7(6) 6:2

I think the 3rd set wasn't necessary. Now against Kunitsyn who did well in Russia...not easy!
TommyB. is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 05:08 PM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB. View Post
Tommy def. Zimonjic 6:2 6:7(6) 6:2

I think the 3rd set wasn't necessary. Now against Kunitsyn who did well in Russia...not easy!
Yes my first thought on seeing the score was that Tommy didn't exactly blow the guy away The articles that have been posted about Tommy's plans for next year make me want that Tommy back even more.
The guy that beat Roger in the exhibition and won Delray Beach where is he now?
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Registered User
 
Alexiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Posts: 2,670
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

good news for Tommy that Davydenko and Baghdatis went out early. Blake is ill and isn't playing this week. Tommy's chances rise. He needs an semi final to add points. And it would be good for him if Ancic loses

GO TOMMY HAAS
Alexiana is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Tommy in St. Petersburg, Russia - 10/23/-10/29, 2006

It's not impossible to reach the final here...Nieminen out, Davydenko out. A good chance but let's wait and see.
TommyB. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome