Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:12 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

This is the Tournament that I would love to see Tommy win He has lived in the U.S. so long and is a very popular player in the U.S. It is a long, long shot I know, but I can always dream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Registered User
 
Alexiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Posts: 2,670
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
This is the Tournament that I would love to see Tommy win He has lived in the U.S. so long and is a very popular player in the U.S. It is a long, long shot I know, but I can always dream
I will be in Crete for the time of the US Open, so I won't probably see anything till Sept. 6th But if he reaches the final, I'm back

GO TOMMY HAAS
Alexiana is offline  
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 02:38 PM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana
I will be in Crete for the time of the US Open, so I won't probably see anything till Sept. 6th But if he reaches the final, I'm back
Oh what a nice trip I wish I were going with you BTW do you know what is going on with Tommy Girl? I haven't seen her around too much recently. She may just be waiting until Tommy is back playing. It seems we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing
post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered User
 
Alexiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 33
Posts: 2,670
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Oh what a nice trip I wish I were going with you BTW do you know what is going on with Tommy Girl? I haven't seen her around too much recently. She may just be waiting until Tommy is back playing. It seems we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing
I don't know, maybe she has a lot to do I have to learn for my final exams now, but I still find the time to visit mtf

GO TOMMY HAAS
Alexiana is offline  
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiana
I don't know, maybe she has a lot to do I have to learn for my final exams now, but I still find the time to visit mtf
As long as you do well on your final exams that is what is most important Maybe that is what Tommy Girl is doing also I don't know her school schedule. Good luck on your exams
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered User
 
atheneglaukopis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,238
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

In the second quarter:

David Nalbandian ARG (4) vs. Michael Berrer GER
Robin Vik CZE vs. Marat Safin RUS
Guillermo Coria ARG vs. Ryan Sweeting USA
Olivier Patience FRA vs. Olivier Rochus BEL (26)

Robby Ginepri USA (18) vs. Julien Benneteau FRA
Paul Goldstein USA vs. QUALIFIER
Wayne Odesnik USA vs. Raemon Sluiter NED
Alex Kuznetsov USA vs. Tommy Haas GER (14)


Fernando Gonzalez CHI (10) vs. QUALIFIER
Jan Hajek CZE vs. Lukas Dlouhy CZE
Alessio Di Mauro ITA vs. Jurgen Melzer AUT
QUALIFIER vs. Andy Murray GBR (17)

Kristof Vliegen BEL (32) vs. QUALIFIER
Potito Starace ITA vs. QUALIFIER
Nicolas Mahut FRA vs. Rainer Schuettler GER
Ramon Delgado PAR vs. Nikolay Davydenko RUS (7)

Another third-round match with Ginepri this year, but he's been more in form this year than Ginepri, even counting injuries. If he can survive that, it's Nalbandian in the fourth round, assuming Nalbandian gets by Safin.

At least no Federer.

Fan of: Federer Safin Haas Nadal Santoro Agassi Tursunov's blog

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline  
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Tommy's sixteenth is really okay, I think you hardly can ask for anything easier. Coria is an unknown variable, so are Nalbandian and Safin a bit. But should Nalbandian be willing to play well in this tournament he would be hard to beat for Tommy. But it's so early to talk about that because Nalbandian is also not a consistent performer, but if he's playing well a very good player.

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Not a bad draw! Come on Tommy!!
TommyB. is offline  
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 06:45 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Tommy's sixteenth is really okay, I think you hardly can ask for anything easier. Coria is an unknown variable, so are Nalbandian and Safin a bit. But should Nalbandian be willing to play well in this tournament he would be hard to beat for Tommy. But it's so early to talk about that because Nalbandian is also not a consistent performer, but if he's playing well a very good player.
Well as draws go for Tommy this one isn't too bad And Neely I love the U.S. Flag I had some poster give me a Rep written in German And I had to confess that I wasn't German
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 08:23 AM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
As long as you do well on your final exams that is what is most important Maybe that is what Tommy Girl is doing also I don't know her school schedule. Good luck on your exams
hi!
There are a couple of things going on!! First its my holiday, so im travelling between amsterdam and my parents, partying etc, so im not home a lot of times.. and the other thing is, that im having problems with my university.. they made mistakes but the consequences (how do you write this word !!) are really bad.. i had to go to the uni a lot of times to talk to a lot of people, write a lot of letters to different parts of the university etc.. so i have been busy and the problem is still not solved
and the problem is i have to get started again in 1 week, but without the problem being solved, i cant start and i might have to do something else for the next 6 months and then i can start uni again in febuary..

long story and i dont think you'll understand anything i write but thats whats going on...
<Eve> is offline  
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 08:48 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Girl
hi!
There are a couple of things going on!! First its my holiday, so im travelling between amsterdam and my parents, partying etc, so im not home a lot of times.. and the other thing is, that im having problems with my university.. they made mistakes but the consequences (how do you write this word !!) are really bad.. i had to go to the uni a lot of times to talk to a lot of people, write a lot of letters to different parts of the university etc.. so i have been busy and the problem is still not solved
and the problem is i have to get started again in 1 week, but without the problem being solved, i cant start and i might have to do something else for the next 6 months and then i can start uni again in febuary..

long story and i dont think you'll understand anything i write but thats whats going on...
Tommy Girl you sound so upset. I really hate that things got messed up at your university I hope everything can be straightened out. But I have known family members that for one reason or another took time out from schooling and they did alright. So I'm sure even if you have to wait until Feb. that everything will turn out fine for you You are too nice for things not to work out
post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered User
 
TommyB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,788
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

I'm sorry about yours trouble Tommy Girl!

And we have no Tommy today...NY is my favorite Grand-Slam but I hate this first round conclusion until Wednesday.
TommyB. is offline  
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Tommy Girl you sound so upset. I really hate that things got messed up at your university I hope everything can be straightened out. But I have known family members that for one reason or another took time out from schooling and they did alright. So I'm sure even if you have to wait until Feb. that everything will turn out fine for you You are too nice for things not to work out
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB.
I'm sorry about yours trouble Tommy Girl!
thanks a lot mae and tommyb!
today im only waiting and waiting and waiting for a call of my university.. they promised to call me today. but its almost 4pm and still no call!

when i have better news i'll let you know

oh and i really hate that tommy doesnt have to play today! us open is also my fav grand slam!! (well.. together with the australian open )
<Eve> is offline  
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

It does seem like we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing Look at it this way it gives him more time to get ready to play. I hope he will be ready to play, but with our "Drama Queen" you never know The U.S. Open is also my favorite Slam Tournament because I think they do a good job with it, but also because it is the one Tournament I get the most TV coverage on.
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
♥ bokehlicious ♥
 
<Eve>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 32
Posts: 11,790
                     
Re: Wouldn't this be a great victory for Tommy? The U.S. Open Aug. 28 - Sept 10, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
It does seem like we are always waiting for Tommy to be playing Look at it this way it gives him more time to get ready to play. I hope he will be ready to play, but with our "Drama Queen" you never know The U.S. Open is also my favorite Slam Tournament because I think they do a good job with it, but also because it is the one Tournament I get the most TV coverage on.
oh poor mae, you always have bad luck with coverage..! i hope you will have a very nice us open!!
<Eve> is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome