Mens Tennis Forums banner

American summer tour 2015

9K views 85 replies 18 participants last post by  scmom 
#1 ·

Here is Richard's schedule on the north american soil:
- Washington (2015.08.03 - 2015.08.09 / ATP500)
- Montreal (2015.08.10 - 2015.08.16 / M1000)
- Cincinnati (2015.08.16 - 2015.08.23 / M1000)
- US Open (2015.08.31 - 2015.09.13 / Grand Slam)

Richard has played a great Wimbledon, hopefully he will stay in form for the american summer tour. He has semi-final points to defend in Washington DC.

Breakdown :
Washington: 180 pts (SF)
Canada: 90 pts (R16)
Cincinnati: 0
US Open: 90 pts (R32)

Allez !

See less See more
#2 ·
Allez Richard for the US Hard Court season!!

Sky Sports showing full coverage of Washington!! :)

#3 · (Edited)
Another well decorated opening post by afterglow. Dont blame me for expecting another succesful thread then! :yeah:
Let's hope for a summer american title this year. Such a blasphemy he never won one (even a smaller one). Washington is a little too packed (Andy and Kei), I wonder why he doesnt give Atlanta a try.

Edit:
His best performance in respective tournament:
- Washington : SF last year
- Canada : Final (2x), last time in 2012
- Cincy: Never reached QF :eek:
- USO : SF, in 2013

Crossing finger for some miracle run in Canada! ;)

#4 ·
I would like him to play Atltanta but I think it's too near from Wimbledon and then considering he was in London for another week because of Davis Cup.

He has 2 weeks off till Washington starts!!

ALLLEZ!!

#5 ·
This is Richard's quarter in Washington :

[4]Gasquet
Jaziri/Muller
Q/Bemelmans
[15]Sock
[11]Tomic
Lacko/Johnson
Q/Baghdatis
[6]Dimitrov

#8 ·
OMG, Richard 6 bps not used, Muller takes his first. I hope Richard can turn this around, but he hardly ever plays well at very late matches.it is 20 past midnight after the first set.

#9 ·
Ouff! That was a struggle, but Muller served well when needed, the leftie serve helps in bp situations. Well done, Ricahrd for not losing patience and what crappy scheduling to finish a match at almost 2.00 am.

#10 ·
:yeah:

Richard plays Sock next. They've never met before. It could be tricky to play a young hope on his home soil without any match-up markers, hopefully he can win the match. Allez !

#11 ·
very glad that Richard did not succumb to the upset bug that took over the seeded players yesterday , and won a very tough match. The atmosphere , so late at night , was so very flat . I am sure that is discouraging to the players.
And now he has to turn around and play Sock earlier in the day . And Sock had yesterday off - I am sure Richard will be very tired. Hope he can find a way
Sock is a very young ,eager and strong young player . He has a huge topspin forehand ( some compare the spin he generates to Rafa's own excessive topspin) so this could be a very tough match up indeed.

#12 ·
It was the double fautes that killed him agianst Sock, twice: in that really horrible game at 4*-3 in the second set and in the breaker of the 2nd set. And he was unlucky with close calls, his were always out, Sock's were always in.

#15 ·
Exactly . I saw his matches. After a short break he was obviously a little bit rusty but no worries .
Against Sock he was so unlucky because of the scheduling. Sock had a day off, Richard had a tough 3 setter vs Muller.
As Scmom wrote, he was expected tired.
Although he should have won this match it was his hands. At the end of the second set the two df was killing, he lost his focus, there were lot of bad calles, etc. so everything went wrong.

Hopefully he isn't injured, he touched his back at the end of the third set, maybe this explains the serving problems.

But all in all, he played sometimes brilliant, :worship: needed more matches, for a well prepared US Open.

Go Richard !:wavey:

#17 ·
He withdrawed. :sad:

He is sick it seems.

#25 ·
Does anyone have news about if he's ok to play Cincy?

Here is draw:
[7] Marin Cilic has a Bye
Joao Sousa vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
Fabio Fognini vs Qualifier
Nick Kyrgious vs [12] Richard Gasquet

[16] Grigor Dimitrov vs Lukas Rosol
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Viktor Troicki vs [WC] Mardy Fish
[3] Andy Murray has a Bye

Hard draw... I really liked his Montreal draw better (plus he always performed better in Canada than Cincy...). It sucks he couldn't play :(

It's his first meeting against Nick Kyrgios on hard. It's always very tight when they met on grass, Gasquet had the clear edge on clay. Cincy is a fast hard court so I guess we can expect something closer to their Wimby meetings.

Allez !

#27 ·
6-2 6-1 against Kyrgios, who seemed injured, had MTO and moved poorly. Kyrgios had his first bps when Richard served for the match, but he got it done in the end in 56 minutes.

#30 ·
Slow start against Kokkinakis, a bit lucky in the breaker, and a much better 2nd set. Richard sending the Aussie youngsters home. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.