Great sports moments - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
The Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Age: 25
Posts: 2,750
                     
Great sports moments

Feel free to post a video or just tell about one of your favorite sports moments. Here is one of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c93zzoVp-nw

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Donald Young--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Richard Gasquet.

The Freak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 04:40 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Jordan telling Kerr in a timeout during the 1997 NBA finals, game 6, to be ready because he will get the ball if Jordan is double-teamed. Jordan played his entire career against double teams and could have gotten off his shot nevertheless, but he passed out of it and trusted his teammate who had a better look than him to sink the decisive shot for the Championship. I was equally fed up about the Jordan talk as I am with Federer, but this was a big play that simply deserves credit and it could have been only better if the series was at 3-3 with exactly no time left at all as Kerr's shot went through.

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,570
                     
Re: Great sports moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JubiMXQMqA0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
The tennis equivalent of two old bald men fighting over a comb.
shotgun is offline  
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered User
 
casillas_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Antwerp
Age: 28
Posts: 3,244
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Italy WorldCup Champion's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZcrl-Bx1R0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uohr1O72cKY

Marat Gato
Rafa Marcos
Juanqui
Roger
Mariano

The more matches I win, the cooler I get! But I'm still the biggest Dork that ever lived! ; Andy Roddick

"I like your outfit too. Except when I dress up as a Frigid Bitch, I try to look less constipated"; Elle Woods - Legally Blonde
casillas_girl is offline  
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:02 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentZero View Post
Feel free to post a video or just tell about one of your favorite sports moments. Here is one of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c93zzoVp-nw
I was going to post the exact same thing.

This is probably one of the most memorable sporting moments I've ever seen, I'm not even a Man Utd fan (far from it) but it was truly unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WoS2YQFZ-s
adee-gee is offline  
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
This is probably one of the most memorable sporting moments I've ever seen, I'm not even a Man Utd fan (far from it) but it was truly unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WoS2YQFZ-s
haha my father is still having nightmares about THAT
some people already call blowing a break in a set as a choke, but now this was a real choke in my dictionary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
damn, video quality is quite bad, couldn't even see the ball

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
The Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Age: 25
Posts: 2,750
                     
Re: Great sports moments

The quality is not great, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIh4SBbZDE

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Donald Young--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Richard Gasquet.

The Freak is offline  
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
shotgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,570
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
damn, video quality is quite bad, couldn't even see the ball


Here's another one with better quality with the highlights of that match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56pmmwVcCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
The tennis equivalent of two old bald men fighting over a comb.
shotgun is offline  
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 7,266
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
I was going to post the exact same thing.

This is probably one of the most memorable sporting moments I've ever seen, I'm not even a Man Utd fan (far from it) but it was truly unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WoS2YQFZ-s
My favorite match ever. I remember jumping up and down like Crazy!Poor Mathaus and Bayern Munich Team. They must have felt like cursed that wonderful day I remember the UEFA president saying : I was coming down onto the pitch preparing to hand over the trophy to Bayern Munich, When I got there I was handidng it over to Manchester United.

There an only be One Nadal
Quote:
Nadal, Roddick, Tsonga, Del Potro & Safin
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline  
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 09:17 PM
-
 
Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 24,630
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
:Here's another one with better quality with the highlights of that match.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentZero View Post
The quality is not great, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIh4SBbZDE
No doubt a great shot, but does not qualify as a greatest sports moment ever for me because it only decided one game in a first round playoff series. And at the end the Lakers did not even advance and Phoenix were the hero coming back in this series. IMO it would more fit the category "Kobe's best plays" or "Kobe's top 10 game winners".

Carlos --- C'MON Lleyton!!! --- Kiwi!!! --- Jürgen --- Juan

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline  
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
The Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Age: 25
Posts: 2,750
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
thanks!


No doubt a great shot, but does not qualify as a greatest sports moment ever for me because it only decided one game in a first round playoff series. And at the end the Lakers did not even advance and Phoenix were the hero coming back in this series. IMO it would more fit the category "Kobe's best plays" or "Kobe's top 10 game winners".
Yeah, maybe not an all-time great moment, but a great moment for a Lakers fan, like me.

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Donald Young--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Richard Gasquet.

The Freak is offline  
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 40
Posts: 23,360
                     
Re: Great sports moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIRyLxm8iY

World Cup in Italy 1990 – Final Argentina – Germany



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLMsH7lkJA0

4 Hills Tournament 2001/2002 - Hanni


also: Germany wins the European Basketball Championship against Greece in 1993

and Borussia Dortmund wins against Juventus Turin the Champions League in 1997
Eden is offline  
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 10:16 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Great sports moments

We don't have many good Scottish sporting memories, but Archie Gemmill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1axsnMRbbo
adee-gee is offline  
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: buenos aires
Posts: 1,270
                     
Re: Great sports moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIRyLxm8iY

World Cup in Italy 1990 – Final Argentina – Germany



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLMsH7lkJA0

4 Hills Tournament 2001/2002 - Hanni


also: Germany wins the European Basketball Championship against Greece in 1993

and Borussia Dortmund wins against Juventus Turin the Champions League in 1997

It wasn't a penalty. The referee stole us!!
Then, people complain about Maradona's goal against England in 1986.
marti_228 is offline  
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered User
 
Chloe le Bopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,276
                     
Re: Great sports moments



http://youtube.com/watch?v=bqHzkT12IEw

1996 Olympic men's 4X100 relay

Bruny Surin knew it was as good as won the second he handed off to Bailey... Bailey wasn't going to blow the lead they had built him unless he knew out his knee

I lack direction.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome