Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 757
                     
Angry Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070225/...lims_blacks_dc

Last edited by Lee; 03-06-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: rude comment removed
kapranos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

thats what happens when most of the people you put in jail are black (thank you stupid drug war) they convert to islam, lol...

seriously though, that is troubling news, id be more hapy to see, less people convert to religion(or more leave religion behind) but sadly that is not happening....

I just say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
"I left the world of faith, of genital cutting and forced marriage for the world of reason and sexual emancipation. After making this voyage I know that one of these two worlds is simply better than the other. Not for its gaudy gadgetry, but for its fundamental values."...

...She also describes how horrified she felt as an adult after Sept. 11, 2001, reaching for the Koran to find out whether some of Osama bin Laden's more blood-curdling statements -- "when you meet the unbelievers, strike them in the neck" -- were direct quotations. "I hated to do it," she wrote, "because I knew that I would find bin Laden's quotations in there." And there were consequences: "The little shutter at the back of my mind, where I pushed all my dissonant thoughts, snapped open after the 9/11 attacks, and it refused to close again. I found myself thinking that the Quran is not a holy document. It is a historical record, written by humans. . . . And it is a very tribal and Arab version of events. It spreads a culture that is brutal, bigoted, fixated on controlling women, and harsh in war."
That moment led Hirsi Ali to her most profound conclusion: that the mistreatment of women is not an incidental problem in the Muslim world, a side issue that can be dealt with once the more important political problems are out of the way. Rather, she believes that the enslavement of women lies at the heart of all of the most fanatical interpretations of Islam, creating "a culture that generates more backwardness with every generation."

Ultimately, it led to her most controversial conclusion too: that Islam is in a period of transition, that the religion as it is currently practiced is often incompatible with modernity and democracy and must radically transform itself in order to become so. "We in the West," she writes, "would be wrong to prolong the pain of that transition unnecessarily, by elevating cultures full of bigotry and hatred toward women to the stature of respectable alternative ways of life."
off course we cant judge a religion, unless its christianity, but other than that, cant judge... So no one can condem islam for what it really is, a backward religion invented basically to subjugate woman by some murderous nutjob in 600 AD, and has now taken the place as the most dangerous threat to western civilization, I really get tired of all these pussies on tv saying "religion of peace" yeah whatever, take the blinders off and see that such a religion that so virulently rejects reason really is a P.O.S.

"The state is the great fiction by which everybody tries to live at the expense of everybody else." Frederic Bastiat

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski

Last edited by zicofirol; 03-06-2007 at 05:43 PM.
zicofirol is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 757
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

I see the censorship machine is already in effect in this thread.
kapranos is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 757
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post
off course we cant judge a religion, unless its christianity
Exactly! People always say the pope is "dumb" for being against contraception and no one blinks an eye, but when we say that people converting to Islam are "dumb", we're censored right away for speaking the truth.
kapranos is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: buenos aires
Posts: 1,270
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Both of you couldn't be more stupid and ignorant seriously.
I hope they don't close this thread so that I can laugh reading your posts.
marti_228 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti_228 View Post
Both of you couldn't be more stupid and ignorant seriously.
I hope they don't close this thread so that I can laugh reading your posts.
okay, aside from my joke, what exactly did I say in my post that is not true?

I posted a quote from a muslim or ex-muslim lady who was able to see the light, and then criticized islam for rejecting reason, now if you can prove to me that either of those two are not true, then criticize all you want but dont give one line comment with absolutely nothing to back it up...

"The state is the great fiction by which everybody tries to live at the expense of everybody else." Frederic Bastiat

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Islam is one of the two best religions in the world.
its.like.that is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 757
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

The other being being the worship of the Kapranos MTF God.
kapranos is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Shut up wanker.
its.like.that is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered User
 
safin-rules-no.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,729
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

fuck off tosser
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered User
 
R.Federer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,821
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Interesting newspiece. It is one of the "fastest growing" but it is not growing very fast as far as I could tell from this. Only 2 million, in a country of 300+ million, is a very very small number.

In any case, African Americans' identity is by and large shaped by race (first and foremost), and only secondarily by other considerations like religion, income class etc.

The Islamization among Af Americans in the U.S.A is an old story, beginning around/before the Civil Rights era --prominent example is Cassius Clay (aka Mohammed Ali).
R.Federer is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Registered User
 
soraya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,135
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post
thats what happens when most of the people you put in jail are black (thank you stupid drug war) they convert to islam, lol...

seriously though, that is troubling news, id be more hapy to see, less people convert to religion(or more leave religion behind) but sadly that is not happening....

I just say this:



off course we cant judge a religion, unless its christianity, but other than that, cant judge... So no one can condem islam for what it really is, a backward religion invented basically to subjugate woman by some murderous nutjob in 600 AD, and has now taken the place as the most dangerous threat to western civilization, I really get tired of all these pussies on tv saying "religion of peace" yeah whatever, take the blinders off and see that such a religion that so virulently rejects reason really is a P.O.S.
And I just say this:
Hope next time you will present us better supporting facts, rather than parading a calculated, manipulative woman with a personal agenda. enjoy!

Ayaan Hirsi Ali: complicated?


“Muslim Dutch politician Ayan Hirsi Ali is jumping ship after finding herself at the center of storm that revealed her to have lied about her background [claiming that she was fleeing an arranged marriage] in order to falsely obtain asylum in Holland, under the very rules she as a member of the Dutch parliament is charged with enforcing.
After exploiting Holland's tolerance and goodwill for personal gain, Ms. Ali is deserting the Netherlands, announcing she will be starting a new life with the help of gullible supporters in the United States who are hailing her as the new Muslima Messiah.
This despite Ali's own admission that she, "has done more harm then good" in Holland.”


But to me, the alleged lies divide into two types, and the difference matters. One set of lies is the technical stuff – lying about her name, lying about her age, etc. Legally, those lies matter a lot, indeed, they have just lost her Dutch citizenship. But politically, they are less interesting – as her defenders note, she has been talking about these lies for years, and there is something odd about the fact that Mrs Verdonk reacted so swiftly to their most recent outing in the media.
But then there is another possible lie that was at the heart of last week’s TV documentary: the charge that she was not in fact fleeing a forced marriage in fear of her life. Her brother was filmed saying just that on the documentary, and insisting that she was not in fear of her life. Though her brother did later backtrack from a claim that she lied about being married in her absence, and was in fact present at the ceremony.
I have no way of knowing whether she was exaggerating about the forced marriage part – and I can imagine why her family would have an interest in claiming it was not beastly enough to force her into wedlock. But if she did exaggerate her tragic life story, that is politically problematic, I’d have thought – even if legally it does not matter at all. It somehow goes to the core of her credibility as a teller of truth.
soraya is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,134
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
And I just say this:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hope next time you will present us better supporting facts, rather than parading a calculated, manipulative woman with a personal agenda. enjoy!
Bla bla bla, if you had actually read any of the two links I posted, in there she admits to lying to get assylum, good for her to, you wanted her to be forced into marriage? you wanted her future daughter to have her clit chopped off also?

What exactly is your point?

was anything else in that quote false?

here is what she said on the lying insident:
Quote:
Hirsi Ali arrived in the Netherlands in 1992. There is some lack of clarity about the events leading up to her arrival, and she has admitted to making certain false statements in her application for asylum. Hirsi Ali maintains that in 1992 her father arranged for her to marry a distant cousin living in Canada. It is not disputed that in 1992 she traveled from Kenya to visit family in Düsseldorf and Berlin, Germany. Others have disputed the story of her forced marriage,[4] but it remains widely accepted. [5] After a brief stay in Germany, she decided to go to the Netherlands instead of Canada.

Once in the Netherlands, she requested political asylum and received a residence permit. It is not known on what grounds she received political asylum. In the Netherlands, she gave a false name and date of birth to the Dutch immigration authorities, something she says was necessary in order to escape retaliation by her clan. She is known in the West by her assumed name, Hirsi Ali, instead of her original name, Hirsi Magan. Since forced marriage was not grounds for refugee status, on the advice of her aunt, she told the immigration authorities that she had come straight from Somalia, instead of Kenya, where she had been living for eleven years. There was a serious famine in Somalia at that time, along with the civil war that led to Operation Restore Hope by the United States. In these circumstances, asylum seekers from Somalia were routinely granted asylum on humanitarian grounds. Hirsi Ali received a residence permit within three weeks of her arrival in the Netherlands.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali


if you need more facts then the ones we see everyday then facts will not change your mind...

"The state is the great fiction by which everybody tries to live at the expense of everybody else." Frederic Bastiat

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 16,131
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post



off course we cant judge a religion, unless its christianity, but other than that, cant judge... So no one can condem islam for what it really is, a backward religion invented basically to subjugate woman
I don't need to post anymore, you always say it first.

However, we welcome judgement of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It always passes every test.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered User
 
JBdV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 6,926
                     
Re: Post 9/11, Islam flourishes among blacks

You right-wing bastards are still here? I remember similar threads like a year ago...

______________________________
~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome