Thank you MTF - MensTennisForums.com
 11Likes
  • 9 Post By clearwaters
  • 1 Post By monfed
  • 1 Post By Tiebreak100
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
clearwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Age: 25
Posts: 3,858
                     
Thank you MTF

Amid all the talks about this forum dying, I believe only positivity can bring in more positivity, so, I want to express my gratitude to my fellow MTFers here. I have only joined this forum for several months but it feels like a year already because I come here quite often since I registered as a member. Tennis is not that big in where I'm from and it's hard to find someone as enthusiastic as me to talk about tennis with. You have been with me through some tough time, when tennis was my temporary shelter from the hell of studying. I like the part of MTF that gives insights, as much as the trolls. Even trolls get responded to here. It's such an inclusive community.

Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty.

Last edited by clearwaters; 09-30-2016 at 06:26 PM.
clearwaters is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 11:20 PM
-LIFETIME SCIENTIST-
 
redshift36188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 9,557
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

If prime Fed was still around, you would be having a feast.
redshift36188 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
clearwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Age: 25
Posts: 3,858
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
If prime Fed was still around, you would be having a feast.
Haha sometimes I think I'm a big jinx, because he stopped winning almost the same time when I started watching.

Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty.
clearwaters is online now  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Registered User
 
monfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: weak era
Age: 30
Posts: 7,719
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaters View Post
Haha sometimes I think I'm a big jinx, because he stopped winning almost the same time when I started watching.
Then you know what to do

Member of the "Federer to win everything in 2016 2017" club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
If Paes made the RG final, he would legit beat DJ in straights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutsi Frutsi View Post
Paes looks like he couldn't beat McDonalds and you're saying he would school a guy who refused to eat pizza to take his game to the next level


https://twitter.com/monfed74
monfed is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
clearwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Age: 25
Posts: 3,858
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
Then you know what to do

Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty.
clearwaters is online now  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
monfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: weak era
Age: 30
Posts: 7,719
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaters View Post
with great power comes great responsibility mate...one time i got myself a self imposed ban for about 6 months and lo and behold, dull stopped winning.
Redolent likes this.

Member of the "Federer to win everything in 2016 2017" club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
If Paes made the RG final, he would legit beat DJ in straights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutsi Frutsi View Post
Paes looks like he couldn't beat McDonalds and you're saying he would school a guy who refused to eat pizza to take his game to the next level


https://twitter.com/monfed74
monfed is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,325
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
with great power comes great responsibility mate...one time i got myself a self imposed ban for about 6 months and lo and behold, dull stopped winning.

I wish any of my jinxes would work.

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Registered User
 
monfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: weak era
Age: 30
Posts: 7,719
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post

I wish any of my jinxes would work.
awww what happened? who were you trying to jinx?

Member of the "Federer to win everything in 2016 2017" club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
If Paes made the RG final, he would legit beat DJ in straights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutsi Frutsi View Post
Paes looks like he couldn't beat McDonalds and you're saying he would school a guy who refused to eat pizza to take his game to the next level


https://twitter.com/monfed74
monfed is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Registered User
 
Tiebreak100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,886
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaters View Post
Amid all the talks about this forum dying, I believe only positivity can bring in more positivity, so, I want to express my gratitude to my fellow MTFers here. I have only joined this forum for several months but it feels like a year already because I come here quite often since I registered as a member. Tennis is not that big in where I'm from and it's hard to find someone as enthusiastic as me to talk about tennis with. You have been with me through some tough time, when tennis was my temporary shelter from the hell of studying. I like the part of MTF that gives insights, as much as the trolls. Even trolls get responded to here. It's such an inclusive community.
Not a problem, mate.

It's heart-warming to know that my analysis and insight has had such a positive impact.

I'm truly humbled.
clearwaters likes this.
Tiebreak100 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
clearwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Age: 25
Posts: 3,858
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

In fact, I believe it was @tennisfan3 that got me on MTF. Had been silently reading the posts with no urge to reply to anything until one time I read his comments. Huge thanks to him too haha.

Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty.
clearwaters is online now  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Registered User
 
Floki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 13,752
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Thanks for what?

No thanks.

The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.
Floki is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 01:41 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
cinnabar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,831
                     
Re: Thank you MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaters View Post
Haha sometimes I think I'm a big jinx, because he stopped winning almost the same time when I started watching.
I feel the same way about Nadal, like I jinxed him



Gasquet~Isner~Seppi~Kohlschreiber~Klizan
Robredo~Mannarino~Monaco~Estrella~Bolelli
Becker~Jaziri~Mathieu~Basilashvili~Elias~Mahut
Gombos~Nieminen~Melzer~Herbert~McGee~Vanni
cinnabar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome