Welcome to what will hopefully be the first of many official MTF Debates: This House Would Frack
1. The Structure to the Debate is British Parliamentary, explained here: Game idea: MTF Debating
2. The word limit for "speeches" is 500 words. Feel free to treat it like an actual speech and use phrases like "Ladies and Gentleman" and rhetorical devices.
3. No personal slander, inappropriate language or irrelevant discussion.
4. If the 1st Proposition Speaker gives a motion that you feel is too twisted a take on the motion, you may raise a point of order
and the judge may consider changing the definition.
5. To sign up, merely post "In"
below. If you feel strongly about the motion, PM me and ask to be put on one side or the other and, if possible, I shall do this. If you want to judge then PM me too.
6. The Deadline for admissions is Sunday 8th May Midnight CET.
at this point teams and speaker order will be posted, and teams may brainstorm.
7. The Debate will begin on Monday 16th May at 7 AM CET.
The First Speakers will have to send their speeches by midnight on the Sunday.
1. "This House" represents the Earth and all countries within.
2. "Fracking" (Hydraulic Fracturing) is the process of drilling into rock with high-pressure water, sand and chemicals to release the natural gas within.