MTF Mafia Game #34
There are two factions - the Arseclowns and the Mods. The objective is to eliminate the other team. The Arseclowns attempt to identify and vote the Mods to be purged during the daytime voting. The Mods ban one Arseclown during the night and try to keep their identities hidden.
All players play the game based on their assigned roles. The roles will be allotted randomly and given out by the game manager at the beginning of the game.
The Arseclowns win if they kill all the Mods.
The Mods win if they reach parity with the Arseclowns.
(The counting for parity will only happen at the end of a phase)
: Analyses a player at night. Will be told whether the player is a mod or an arseclown. Appeal mod will appear as an arseclown.
: Defends a player at night. If the selected player was to be banned that night, he or she is not banned. Does not affect gun shots.
: Starts the game with a gun(with one bullet). The gun can be fired at night. Role is not revealed when the gun is shot.
: GoodReps a player at night. That player randomly receives either a gun or a vest. Goodrepper does not know what that player receives.
- Guns can only be used at night. Gun shooter is revealed with 50% probability. Having multiple guns is possible.
- Vests block gunshots. Vests are destroyed once used to block a shot. Double vesting is possible. Vests do not work against lynching or mod's ban hammer.
Regular arseclown with no special abilities.
: Strips the abilities and gifts(guns/vests) of a selected player once. Can strip the Appeal Mod.
(along with the Admin): Start as a team. Decide on a person to permaban(ban) during each night. Can not ban the appeal mod.
: Blocks the night activities of a selected player. Can not block the regular mods or admin. Does not start as a part of the mod team. Joins the mod team when the AM tries to block the mods or admin OR when the mods try to ban the AM. The AM gets banning powers if they are the only mod left(even if they have been stripped).
A stripped AM will join the mod team if the mods try to ban him.
Allocates the roles and conducts the game.
The game alternates between night and day phases. All special abilities and gifts are used during the night. Generally, day and night periods will be 16-18 hours long.
Every player votes for a person to be eliminated in the daily vote/lynching. Voting is done by posting the name of a player in bold
. You can change your vote once each day.
Alternatively, you can No Vote
by posting the same. Can only be done if you have voted the previous day. Can not be done on Day #1. Doing so for a second consecutive day is the same as not voting that day.
Not voting gets you a vote against yourself that day. Doing so two days in a row gets you two votes against yourself on the second day. And so on.
Players with gifts and special abilities may perform their nightly activities if they wish to. The special roles' activities are performed by sending the Game Master a PM in which the action is explained. You can change your decision only once.
Order in which the night actions happen:
Admin -> Appeal Mod -> Goodrepper -> Pusher -> Double Account -> Mods Permaban -> (non-Double Account) Shots Fired -> Unbiased Analyst
Mechanics of a Three Faction Game
Sometimes a game may be changed so that another faction is added. This version of the game has it's own specific rules:
- There is no Admin
- There are 2 pushers
- The Appeal Mod can only join one mod team per game. Once he has joined one team, he can block the other team from banning just like he can block any other role, and he could also be banned by the other team.
- The Game Master will not tell players which ban was carried out by which team. Nor will tell them any info about allegiance of appeal mod upon death, nor allegiance of appeal mod when an entire regular mod team dies. Players will have to figure out for themselves who they think the appeal mod met up with if at all, they will not be privy to this info until the game ends.
- The UA will not be told if his player is a Wolf or a Mafia, simply said player is/isn't on his team.
- Mods can ban ANYONE in the game, bar themselves and an un-allied Appeal Mod(unless both mod teams try to ban him the same night). Wolves can ban Mafia, and vice-versa.
- Night phase follows the normal order listed above, which means the appeal mod gets first crack at joining a team if he tries to block a mod, if he fails then he can join the mods by them attempting to ban him. If he blocks a mod to join 1 team, and the other team tries to ban him the same night he joins the team he attempted to block and then immediately is banned by the other team. If he has no joined either team, fails to block either team, and both mod teams attempt to ban him at the same time he joins neither team, is banned, and loses.
- Mods are separate teams, if 1 wins the other loses, if the arseclowns win both mod teams lose. Appeal Mod starts out on it's own team. If he dies before aligning with a mod team he loses. Once he joins a team he is aligned with that team, if the other mod team wins, he loses. If 1 mod team completely dies out before the appeal mod has joined any team, the appeal mod becomes aligned with the team still alive but does not meet up with them until he has done so through normal game means. If that mod team wins the appeal mod wins. If the mod team he's aligned with die before he does the appeal mod gains banning powers. If the appeal mod goes on to win then that mod team wins as well. If the appeal mod has not yet met up with either team and both mod teams die at the exact same point in the exact same night phase(ex: 2 gifted gunshots, or 2 bans) then the appeal mod gains banning powers and is not aligned to anyone, he can win by himself, both mod teams will lose. If they die in different phases(ex: 1 banned, 1 shot) then the team that dies last gains allegiance to the appeal mod, and if the appeal mod wins they win as well.
Points of Clarification
- Mods should add the entire Mod team(that has banning powers) in the recipients list of the PM.
- Using your night role on yourself is not permitted.
- If blocked on the night you shoot a gun, the gun is considered unused. If the bullet hits a vest, it is used. If two players shoot the same person, both guns are considered used.
- If the mods attempt to ban the appeal mod, and the pusher saves the appeal mod, then this blocks the mods meeting with the appeal mod.
- The game master must send all PM responses before ending the night in the thread, but players can't use gifts or that information before the night phase concludes.
- A player can shoot multiple guns in the same night(if they have them).
- The player who is stripped will always be informed by the manager that they were stripped. Even if they did not have a night role.
- A blocked player is only informed that he is blocked if his role requires a response PM by the manager or if he shot a gun that night.
- If a goodrepper has successfully given a gift, the manager must inform the recipient. Even if the gift is a vest.
- UA must always get a PM response from the manager.
1. Explicit role claiming is not allowed(not even for false claims). Subtle hints are allowed. You can not explicitly mention what is a hint and what is not. Punishments as applicable**.
2. Information obtained during the night or your night action can not be explicitly revealed. Subtle hints are allowed. Punishments as applicable**.
3. When you are dead you are not allowed to reveal anything you learned before you death, nor allowed to reveal anything you suspect based on reading the thread. You are allowed to post in the thread, but please refrain from revealing things.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other about the game outside of this thread unless you are mods and know each other. This includes any and all forms of communication. If someone tries to communicate with you outside this thread please let me know. Punishments as applicable**.
5. Nights or days should not be cut short under any circumstances.
**Breaking a rule will be punished based on the severity of the offence(to be decided by the game master). This can range from a warning to getting additional votes against yourself to being banned completely.
A full version of the rules(with the extra roles, and the clarifications regarding them can be found here: MTF Mafia Game - Stats and Game Discussions / Player Profiles post #4
● ● ●
mtfmafia - MensTennisForums.com - Threads Tagged with mtfmafia