MTF Mafia Game #17 - Tennis Players Edition
There are two factions - the Arseclowns and the Mods. The objective is to eliminate the other team. The Arseclowns attempt to identify and vote the Mods to be purged during the daytime voting. The Mods ban one Arseclown during the night and try to keep their identities hidden.
All players play the game based on their assigned roles. The roles will be allotted "randomly" and given out by me at the beginning of the game.
The Arseclowns win if they kill all the Mods.
The Mods win if they reach parity with the Arseclowns.
(The counting for parity will only happen at the end of a phase)
1. You are not allowed to claim what role you have or make blatant hints at your role. Subtle hints are allowed. If this role is broken you will be punished based on the severity of the offence. This can range from a warning to being banned completely.
2. When you are dead you are not allowed to reveal anything you learned before you death, nor allowed to reveal anything you suspect based on reading the thread. You are allowed to post in the thread, but please refrain from revealing things. Posting GIF's is mandatory.
3. Players who are completely inactive can and will be banned if they are inactive for 2 game cycles. If you can please be involved.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other about the game outside of this thread unless you are mods and know each other. This includes PM's, reps, email, walking up the road to some small ass town in New Jersey to tell someone to do something, stealing computers or passing cryptic messages at fish plants through the Mount Pearl underworld etc. Punishments can range from warning to banning if caught. If someone tries to communicate with you outside this thread please let me know.
5. In order for a vote to be valid, a quorum of at least 3/4 of participants must vote. The day session will be extended until such time that the quorum is reached. Voting will be cut off immediately once the quorum is reached. A quorum will not be necessary once there are 8 or fewer participants remaining.
Unbiased Analyst: Federer
During the night, analyses another player. Will be told the truth about whether the player is a mod or an arseclown unless he questions the Appeal Mod in which case (s)he'll be told he's an arseclown. Can hint at what (s)he find out, but cannot directly come out and say it as that is revealing his/her own role.
During the night, the Pusher visits and defends another player. If the selected player were to be banned that night, he or she is not banned. Does not affect gun shots.
Double Account: Safin
Trolls (fires a gun at) a player of his choice into submission, baiting an instant ban. May only do this once per game, at night. Role is not revealed when gun is shot.
Goodrepper: Del Potro
Reps a player (other than himself) at night. That player randomly receives either a gun or a vest. Goodrepper does not know what that player receives.
- Guns can only be used at night. Gun shooter is revealed with 50% probability. Having multiple guns is possible. Guns can not be shot if blocked by the Appeal Mod, or if the player is banned by the Mods.
- Vests block gunshots and prevent trolling from the double account. Vests are destroyed once used to block a shot. Double vesting is possible. Vests do not work against lynching or mod's ban hammer.
Reps a player at night. That player gets an additional vote against him/her the following day. Can not rep himself.
vGambler: Ernest Gublis
Makes a bold prediction every night regarding who will the mods will ban that night. If he is correct, he will receive a gun. Must use any guns acquired through gambling before getting another gun by gambling. His identity will be revealed with 50% probability on firing a gun.
Selects a player during each night - is watching the selected player's every move. If the selected player successfully visits someone, the Lurker gets to know who. However, he does not see the banhammer.
Blogger: Tomas Berdych
Selects a player during each night. If the Blogger dies, the last player the blogger visited successfully has their role revealed in public.
Chair Umpire: Mohammad Layhani
Able to break voting ties during the day phase. If the Chair Umpire has already voted during the day, and the votes are tied, his decision is final. If the Chair Umpire has voted for someone else, the lynching will be randomised by the GM.
Chooses a player on each night. If that player is banned that night or lynched in the following day phase, the Faker assumes their role. Cannot become a Mod. Has no special powers before assuming a new role. Will only be told which role he assumes.
Clutch Player: John Isner
If the mods attempt to ban the Clutch player, he will not die on that night, but on the following night, giving the Clutch player a chance to contribute during the following day phase. The Clutch player will not be informed that the Mods attempted to ban him. Has no special powers.
Hiding Playertard: Wawrinka
The Hiding Playertard leaves the "boards" at night, making him immune to a mod permaban, a block by the Appeal Mod, or a gunshot. He must be lynched to exit the game, unless stripped of his powers by the Admin. Because the Hiding Playertard leaves the boards, he also can't conduct any night actions himself. Any gifts he receives promptly disappear.
Strategic Tanker: Benoit Paire
The Strategic Tanker chooses a player in the night. That person's vote in the next day is voided and doesn't count. That person can choose themselves. Person's vote will not be canceled until the moment of the lynching.
Admin: Tio Tony
Is aware of the identity of all the other Mods, apart from the Appeal Mod. Votes on a player to permaban during each night. In addition, is able to strip the abilities of a given player once per game.
Decide on a person to permaban during each night. The Mods are aware of the identity of all the other Mods, apart from the Appeal Mod. Can not ban the appeal mod.
Appeal Mod: Larry Ellison
A huge fan of the Mugerators that pretends to work with the Arseclowns. Does not ban with the Mods and is unaware of who they are initially. Chooses one person to troll everyday and blocks their night activities. Nothing happens if a Mod member is visited. The unbiased analyst's investigation reveals them as an Arseclown. Joins the mods once (s)he visits the mods or is visited by them. The appeal mod gets banning powers if (s)he is the only mod left.
The game alternates between night and day phases, starting with day. All special abilities and gifts are used during the night. Generally, day and night periods will be 16-26 hours long, depending on the Game Master's schedule and the flow of the game. Game Master reserves the right to cut short either the day or night session, and like the USTA will not refund ticket holders except in the most special circumstances.
Day: Every player votes for a person to be eliminated in the daily vote. You vote by posting the name of the person you want to be lynched in this thread during the day. Post the name in bold and you may change your vote ONCE. Voting No Lynch is allowed.
Not voting during the day is acceptable as long as you say NO VOTE but doing it a 2nd time in a row counts as saying nothing. Not voting will earn you a vote against yourself the first time, adding up by 1 on each following day until you vote. Saying "NO VOTE" does not break this chain even if it's the first time you do that. So saying "NO VOTE" only has effect if it's Day #1 or if you have voted in the previous day.
Night: Those with gifts and special abilities may perform their nightly activities if they wish to. The special roles' activities are performed by sending the Game Master a PM in which the action is explained. You can change your decision only once. If you don't want to perform any action, you may send me a PM saying so. If everybody has sent their PMs I may cut the night short depending on my availability and the thread's activity. Do not feel pressured to send a PM early in the night though, its perfectly ok if you want the night to go long.
The order in which the night actions take preference is the following:
Admin -> Appeal Mod -> Faker -> Lurker -> Blogger -> vGambler -> Goodrepper -> Negrepper -> Strategic Tanker -> Pusher -> Double Account -> Mods Permaban -> Shots Fired -> Unbiased Analyst
Points of Clarification
- Lynching is the action taken as a result of day voting and ignores any other effects (like vests). Blogger's effect still gets triggered (he is a "social media expert" and thus never leaves anyone alone quietly).
- Permabans by the Mod team can be decided individually or collectively. If I get different targets from different Mods, the majority wins, if there's a tie, Admin vote decides the tie if applicable, else I will use the random generator. If you're voting collectively, you should add the entire Mod team in your recipients list. By Mod team I mean the Mods with the power to vote on permabans.
- The Admin (who would apparently be playing to lose) can strip any other Mod if he chooses to. A stripped Mod loses the ability to vote and may not share PMs with the remaining Mods.
- The Admin's strip only works on future roles. So, if the admin strips the blogger, if the blogger has selected someone successfully before, that person's role will be revealed when the blogger dies.
- The Clutch player cannot be saved once hunted.
- The Lurker, Blogger and Faker should send me their chosen player on each night, even if it is the same player repeatedly.
- If the Faker chooses a Mod, and the mod dies, the Faker does not become a mod, and can continue using their power until they assume another Arseclown's role.
- When the Faker is killed or lynched, they will always be referred to as the Faker, no matter which role they have assumed.