Do you wear contacts?! - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
for-sure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 373
                     
Do you wear contacts?!

I am tired of being called names like nerd and geek...I want to switch over to contacts from conventional glasses...can someone please share their experience!
Thanks!
David.

ELENA DEMENTIEVA SERVING
...................................O
O.....
|.....
\
..|\
|
/ \
for-sure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered User
 
Haute's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 12,969
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

It really depends from person to person. For some they have no problem with contacts, but for others no matter what they do the contacts will always dry their eyes out. I guess you just have to try them before you'll know how your eyes will handle them.
Haute is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered User
 
Micca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 27
Posts: 12,465
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

I HAD glasses, but they just weren't for me .. I hated them and people couldn't see the real ME! So I switched to contacts and I feel MUCH better It takes a while to get used to them, but you'll be ok! But as Sol Apollo said .. Depends on the person .. Some never get used to it and others are just meant to have glasses, just suits them better

Good luck!



- Guillermo Coria & Rafael Nadal -


Micca is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered User
 
jole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,759
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

I switched to contacts in 8th grade and no regrets since. Just make sure you are prepared to care for them.
jole is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Registered User
 
Nimomunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,332
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

i love my contacts but when i'm lazy i still wear my glasses!

wat kind of fucking retards call you a nerd or geek just coz you have glasses? i thought people had grown up!!

Jolie is a man eating wench and i love her!!!
Nimomunz is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Got Premium? I do.
 
Seleshfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 4,058
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by for-sure
I am tired of being called names like nerd and geek...I want to switch over to contacts from conventional glasses...can someone please share their experience!
Thanks!
David.
Hi for-sure. First things first. We have to establish that you are being called "nerd" and "geek" because of the glasses. It may, in fact, be to other things you're wearing, e.g., your pocket protector, T83 scientific calculator,
"I'm too sexy for this shirt," shirt. Once we've established that it's not your garb, it could be physical characteristics, e.g., your hair, voice, braces. If it's not that, it could be your friends. You could be GBA*. Now if you're a real geek, you would've assumed that stands for Game Boy Advance, but in this case it stands for "Geek By Association." Who are your friends? Are you or they in the math or chess club? Do you participate in Academic Decathlon? So once you've factored out all the variables, and are for sure it's your glasses. I would recommend them. I prefer the daily disposable kind. You just put on a fresh pair each day, toss them at night. No cleaning - Ever! Love it. They are a little more expensive, don't know what your budget is. But I spend about $450 US Dollars a year on them.


*GBA changed from NBA (Nerd by Association) after NBA was banned after a copyright lawsuit from the National Basketball Association.
Seleshfan is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Registered User
 
Lucie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Age: 30
Posts: 878
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

i use contacts when i'm going out and for sport, but apart from that i just wear glasses, the people who call you geeks aren't worth the time of day, just ignore them.

however, if you feel like they would make a big change to your self-confidence, why not try them out. I use daily disposables and they're sooo confortable

work like you don't need the money
dance like nobody's watching
love like you've never been hurt
Lucie is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,020
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

I wear both. Mainly just my glasses when I'm feeling lazy, but most of the time I just wear my contacts.

If you're being called a geek for wearing glasses, those people are idiots. I know tons of people that wear non-prescription glasses because they like how they look. Don't worry about it.

.RODDICK.
safin. blake. ginepri. haas. nadal.
RodLo is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered User
 
Nimomunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,332
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleshfan
Hi for-sure. First things first. We have to establish that you are being called "nerd" and "geek" because of the glasses. It may, in fact, be to other things you're wearing, e.g., your pocket protector, T83 scientific calculator,
"I'm too sexy for this shirt," shirt. Once we've established that it's not your garb, it could be physical characteristics, e.g., your hair, voice, braces. If it's not that, it could be your friends. You could be GBA*. Now if you're a real geek, you would've assumed that stands for Game Boy Advance, but in this case it stands for "Geek By Association." Who are your friends? Are you or they in the math or chess club? Do you participate in Academic Decathlon? So once you've factored out all the variables, and are for sure it's your glasses. I would recommend them. I prefer the daily disposable kind. You just put on a fresh pair each day, toss them at night. No cleaning - Ever! Love it. They are a little more expensive, don't know what your budget is. But I spend about $450 US Dollars a year on them.


*GBA changed from NBA (Nerd by Association) after NBA was banned after a copyright lawsuit from the National Basketball Association.
you've just exposed your a Geek!!!

Jolie is a man eating wench and i love her!!!
Nimomunz is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 29
Posts: 24
               
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

I like wearing contacts. Especially when I do sports because they are more comfortable than the glasses then. However, glasses are very good for the change of the looks.
But you shouldn't write glasses down just because fools call you names. They don't understand that it is really uncomfortable when you don't see well.
Lithuanian is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cuba
Age: 25
Posts: 514
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

hi!

I LOVE wearing contacts! They make me look better, feel better, and see better. The only problem occurs when i am at the computer and i keep my eyes open a long time to read stuff, it starts to dry out my eyes and it stings. Other then that, it is great!

But one word of advice:
If you can afford it and it is possible to get them where you are, you should get the "Night and Day" contacts. They are SOOOOOO much better, cause you can keep them in for a long time, even while you sleep. and, you never have to clean them! it says only to keep them in for a month, but i can go like 3 or 4 months wearing the same ones and it doesn't bother my eyes at all. The only problem is you have to buy them in like packs of six, so you would normally have to buy 2 boxes a year, and that can get really expensive. It cheaper to buy the other ones (which are harder), but these are a lot better!


EDIT:
And, oh yeah, its smarter to buy the night and day ones cause then when your eyes change, you can just order a different kind onec you run out of the old ones. If they change with the other contacts, you have to buy a new pair and it can be very expensive if your eyes change a lot.
I<3Lindsay is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cuba
Age: 25
Posts: 514
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleshfan
Hi for-sure. First things first. We have to establish that you are being called "nerd" and "geek" because of the glasses. It may, in fact, be to other things you're wearing, e.g., your pocket protector, T83 scientific calculator,
"I'm too sexy for this shirt," shirt. Once we've established that it's not your garb, it could be physical characteristics, e.g., your hair, voice, braces. If it's not that, it could be your friends. You could be GBA*. Now if you're a real geek, you would've assumed that stands for Game Boy Advance, but in this case it stands for "Geek By Association." Who are your friends? Are you or they in the math or chess club? Do you participate in Academic Decathlon? So once you've factored out all the variables, and are for sure it's your glasses. I would recommend them. I prefer the daily disposable kind. You just put on a fresh pair each day, toss them at night. No cleaning - Ever! Love it. They are a little more expensive, don't know what your budget is. But I spend about $450 US Dollars a year on them.


*GBA changed from NBA (Nerd by Association) after NBA was banned after a copyright lawsuit from the National Basketball Association.

Funny answer, lol.


Just something to think about for you seleshfan:
If you like the ones you throw out every night, you should try the contacts that you can wear for like a month at a time. You can sleep with them in, and don't ever have to clean them. Its a little cheaper and i think its easier. but hey, just my opinion. You do what you want
I<3Lindsay is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Got Premium? I do.
 
Seleshfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 4,058
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimomunz
you've just exposed your a Geek!!!
Was there ever any doubt?
Seleshfan is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Got Premium? I do.
 
Seleshfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 4,058
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥Davenport
Funny answer, lol.


Just something to think about for you seleshfan:
If you like the ones you throw out every night, you should try the contacts that you can wear for like a month at a time. You can sleep with them in, and don't ever have to clean them. Its a little cheaper and i think its easier. but hey, just my opinion. You do what you want

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try the Acuvue (sp?) once. These you wore for 2 weeks at a time. I didn't like them. I could just never get used to the idea of sleeping with contacts on. Now that I think about it, maybe I wasn't supposed to. LOL
Seleshfan is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cuba
Age: 25
Posts: 514
                     
Re: Do you wear contacts?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleshfan
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try the Acuvue (sp?) once. These you wore for 2 weeks at a time. I didn't like them. I could just never get used to the idea of sleeping with contacts on. Now that I think about it, maybe I wasn't supposed to. LOL
yeah. I have ones that are called "Night and Day" contacts, that you can wear for up to a month without changing them. After that, you just throw them away and put in a new pair. I usually wear them for like 3 months before changing them :lol
I<3Lindsay is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome