Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Registered User
 
superslam77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out of this world
Posts: 6,568
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

does it matter some women will be turned off or on if you're not being yourself and happy?
would you do things you don't like just to impress someone that doesn't really care?

justin bieber is not the best in history.
funk was better than rap.
techno not better than classic rock.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Registered User
 
Aquila90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 27
Posts: 233
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclay View Post
I tend to agree with you, but I'm one of those people who have a hard time to recognize they would really love to have a more interesting social life and specially meet more women ( I have had couple of gf on the past) but thats has been too few and far in between to fulfill my desires.
Well, from this message, it seems that you're not completely content with your current social life. In that case, I think you need to make a change or some changes in your life so that you can improve your social life. I know that it won't be easy but you have to do something about it. If you feel like you can't make the right changes by yourself, then I think you should try and get some help from other people who you know. I'm sure they would be happy to assist you.

I understand that it can be hard sometimes to change things. I'm autistic and I like doing things that are familiar to me. I can follow a routine for a long time without feeling the need to change anything. However, I realise that I need to try new things and face new challenges if I'm to develop as a person. My biggest issue with this is finding the motivation and desire to try something new. I, though, have been very fortunate in that my parents have helped me by suggesting different things that I could try out. Anyway, I hope that you can sort out your issues and have a better and more fulfilling social life in the future.

Supporter of the following tennis players:


ATP: Andy Murray, Jerzy Janowicz and Nick Kyrgios

WTA: Sorana Cîrstea, Laura Robson and Heather Watson


R.I.P. Elena Baltacha!
Aquila90 is offline  
post #48 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Registered User
 
nellis_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,081
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Just wonderin how confident became synonymous with 'social'.

Some of the most social people I find are also the most insecure.
nellis_lv is offline  
post #49 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Kowchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 6,014
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
Just wonderin how confident became synonymous with 'social'.

Some of the most social people I find are also the most insecure.
Insecure in what way?

If you have an issue with a report/infraction, a user, a moderator or just want to talk, PM me.

I support Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Del Potro.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple


* Slams Do Not Exist!
Kowchi is offline  
post #50 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered User
 
nellis_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,081
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Insecure in what way?
Their need to be accepted is what makes them social.
nellis_lv is offline  
post #51 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered User
 
zebez20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 1,273
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
Their need to be accepted is what makes them social.
As long as you exude confidence, you may not feel that confident but it will still attract girls.
zebez20 is offline  
post #52 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:45 PM
.
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 12,498
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila90 View Post
This is an interesting topic I think. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would consider myself to be an introvert. I'm quite shy but I believe that I'm more of a confident person now than when I was in my mid-teens and I'm currently 23. I feel uncomfortable in certain kinds of places such as certain bars and pubs. I have never been to a nightclub and I never want to. I know quite a few people and I have a fair few Facebook friends. I get on with all of them as far as I'm aware but I wouldn't consider them all to be true friends of mine. I would consider most of them to be more like acquaintances to me. I would, however, be happy to have chat with any of them and I try to make sure that I post at least a birthday message to all of my Facebook friends on their walls when their birthday comes around. I do, though, have a few proper friends who I see every now and then. At the moment, I feel content with the situation I'm in. I'm not a very outgoing person but this might have something to do with me being rather reserved as a person and my disability.

I think it's difficult to define what a poor social life is. People are different and not everyone is an extrovert who likes going to big parties every weekend. I think it's up to you what you want for yourself personally. blueclay, if you're happy yourself with your current social life, then I don't see why you should change anything. However, if you're unhappy with it, then you should try to do something about it. These are just my personal opinions and you can ignore them if you want to. As for your theory about women being turned off by men who don't appear to have a great social life, I can't really comment on that as I don't know if that is the case with most women. I'm not the most confident man when it comes to talking to girls but one of my friends is a girl, so I guess that's good.
This is me! Great post bro.

Nole Rules is offline  
post #53 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered User
 
Aquila90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 27
Posts: 233
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
This is me! Great post bro.
Oh, thank you! I know that life can be challenging with Asperger's Syndrome. However, I'm fortunate in that my case is quite mild and I'm not severely autistic. I hope things are good with you, mate.

Supporter of the following tennis players:


ATP: Andy Murray, Jerzy Janowicz and Nick Kyrgios

WTA: Sorana Cîrstea, Laura Robson and Heather Watson


R.I.P. Elena Baltacha!
Aquila90 is offline  
post #54 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:19 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Age: 27
Posts: 43,325
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

A socially active man means he probably is of a higher standing in society. Or is at least trying to get there. Women are attracted to men in high positions of society, obviously.

If you are not as socially active, well then yes it may be a turn off for some women. Other women would prefer. It all depends.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #55 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered User
 
underspin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,211
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

By being socially active surely that in itself increases the odds of meeting someone even without factoring in personalities/whatever Goat=Fed states as important.

I agree with acacacacademy.
underspin is offline  
post #56 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Registered User
 
Joey Tribbiani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Munich
Age: 25
Posts: 11,553
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Yeah.

You're right, most of women like men with highest social skills.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's not that there's no women for men without social skills.

Roger Federer

5 AO - 1 RG - 8 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs


Quote:
Originally Posted by NID_BTFO View Post
It tells us that Federer is a constant. Everybody else on tour is a variable.
Joey Tribbiani is offline  
post #57 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,312
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
Yeah.

You're right, most of women like men with highest social skills.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's not that there's no women for men without social skills.
Your last sentence us where the problem lies.

Women's preference in men is very narrow and nearly all women like the same qualities in men. The converse is not true; men have a huge variety of tastes.

So although there may be 1 in 200 women who like introverted men, the chances if meeting her for an introverted man are very low.
GOAT = Fed is offline  
post #58 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Registered User
 
Unforced Terror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,139
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Your last sentence us where the problem lies.

Women's preference in men is very narrow and nearly all women like the same qualities in men. The converse is not true; men have a huge variety of tastes.

So although there may be 1 in 200 women who like introverted men, the chances if meeting her for an introverted man are very low.
GOAT = Fed is spot on.
Unforced Terror is offline  
post #59 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 01:37 AM
Registered User
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 33,149
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila90 View Post
This is an interesting topic I think. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would consider myself to be an introvert. I'm quite shy but I believe that I'm more of a confident person now than when I was in my mid-teens and I'm currently 23. I feel uncomfortable in certain kinds of places such as certain bars and pubs. I have never been to a nightclub and I never want to. I know quite a few people and I have a fair few Facebook friends. I get on with all of them as far as I'm aware but I wouldn't consider them all to be true friends of mine. I would consider most of them to be more like acquaintances to me. I would, however, be happy to have chat with any of them and I try to make sure that I post at least a birthday message to all of my Facebook friends on their walls when their birthday comes around. I do, though, have a few proper friends who I see every now and then. At the moment, I feel content with the situation I'm in. I'm not a very outgoing person but this might have something to do with me being rather reserved as a person and my disability.

I think it's difficult to define what a poor social life is. People are different and not everyone is an extrovert who likes going to big parties every weekend. I think it's up to you what you want for yourself personally. blueclay, if you're happy yourself with your current social life, then I don't see why you should change anything. However, if you're unhappy with it, then you should try to do something about it. These are just my personal opinions and you can ignore them if you want to. As for your theory about women being turned off by men who don't appear to have a great social life, I can't really comment on that as I don't know if that is the case with most women. I'm not the most confident man when it comes to talking to girls but one of my friends is a girl, so I guess that's good.
I'm in a similar position to you bro

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #60 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Registered User
 
Roger the Dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Between Roger's ears...
Posts: 8,989
                     
Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

What about socially inactive women? Are they turned off too?

"The Fates lead those who Will, those who won't they drag."

― Seneca
Roger the Dodger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome