World Cup 2014 Brazil - Congrats to Germany - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Celtic Warrior
 
Senua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Helheim
Posts: 18,087
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Team to watch will be Belgium, I think they can reach the semis.



a.k.a.
Doktor Carpet -- The Fogmeister -- Ragnar Lothbrok -- Sicario



Do you wonder what I've been doing the last 3 months?

Senua is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 37,385
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
Team to watch will be Belgium, I think they can reach the semis.
I agree, they have amazing team, also Colombia are very strong ...
dinkulpus is offline  
post #18 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Celtic Warrior
 
Senua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Helheim
Posts: 18,087
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
I agree, they have amazing team, also Colombia are very strong ...
Indeed.

Sadly, the colombians always underperform at World Cups. This time they have a plus of playing in South America thought.

Someone said something about the Swiss losing all the matches. Swiss becames a much better team than in 2006/10 and I believe they're one of the seed teams also.



a.k.a.
Doktor Carpet -- The Fogmeister -- Ragnar Lothbrok -- Sicario



Do you wonder what I've been doing the last 3 months?

Senua is offline  
post #19 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered User
 
Matthew2408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,307
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
Indeed.

Sadly, the colombians always underperform at World Cups. This time they have a plus of playing in South America thought.

Someone said something about the Swiss losing all the matches. Swiss becames a much better team than in 2006/10 and I believe they're one of the seed teams also.
The Swiss always seem to have an amazing defence.
Matthew2408 is offline  
post #20 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered User
 
@Sweet Cleopatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in your nightmares
Posts: 5,494
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Cristiano Ronaldo, Rafa Nadal friend has scored 3 goals and now his country goes t Brazil...

...... .........♥..♥... .. ...........♥..♥.. ♥
...........♥......... ...♥. ..♥...♥................♥
..........♥.......... ..... ... ♥......
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
...............
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline  
post #21 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Registered User
 
wfrw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 32
Posts: 727
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

I cannot wait.

FITD (#1/#2)
2012: Cincinnati
2013: Zagreb, Shanghai
2014: Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Atlanta, Gstaad, Paris
wfrw07 is offline  
post #22 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Registered User
 
Kiedis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,864
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Germany, Brazil or Netherlands to win this.

Anyone but Thugain
I hope you fail. To me Germany, Brazil and Spain are ahead of the rest. In a second tier Argentina, Netherlands and Italy. Colombia and Chile as dark horses.

Free Edward Snowden | Free Brad Manning | Free SDG | Free CD | Free TSD

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline  
post #23 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,463
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Carpet View Post
Team to watch will be Belgium, I think they can reach the semis.
This. Belgium are the most naturally talented team in the world. Hopefully they don't choke.

CLAYRAY






#1
Moozza is offline  
post #24 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered User
 
sand_wawrinka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,002
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Cristiano Ronaldo, Rafa Nadal friend has scored 3 goals and now his country goes t Brazil...
His country? Its name is Portugal
sand_wawrinka is offline  
post #25 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered User
 
Sauletekis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pafos, Cyprus
Age: 30
Posts: 11,827
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

I love how people never counts on Portugal even as dark horses, and then we always go to SF and QF.

Proud fan of:

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline  
post #26 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,866
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

So with the teams qualified the draw on Dec 6 should be straightforward right? France is the lowest ranked European team so they would go into Pot 3 with the Africans right?


Pot 1: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland
Pot 2: Holland, Italy, England, Russia, Bosnia, Greece, Portugal, Croatia
Pot 3: France, Chile, Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria, Cameroon
Pot 4: USA, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Japan, Korea, Iran, Australia

France must go into the group of Brazil, Argentina, Colombia or Uruguay
Chile and Ecuador must into the group of Spain, Germany, Belgium or Switzerland

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #27 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered User
 
sand_wawrinka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,002
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
I love how people never counts on Portugal even as dark horses, and then we always go to SF and QF.
True
sand_wawrinka is offline  
post #28 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Registered User
 
PedroMarquess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 1,741
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
I love how people never counts on Portugal even as dark horses, and then we always go to SF and QF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_wawrinka View Post
True
E perdemos com golos em fora de jogo ou nos penaltis contra os Campeões
PedroMarquess is offline  
post #29 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Registered User
 
Kiedis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,864
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
I love how people never counts on Portugal even as dark horses, and then we always go to SF and QF.
Portugal midfield is poor. Your chances rely too much in counter-attack.

Free Edward Snowden | Free Brad Manning | Free SDG | Free CD | Free TSD

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline  
post #30 of 5422 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21,277
                     
Re: World Cup 2014 Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
So with the teams qualified the draw on Dec 6 should be straightforward right? France is the lowest ranked European team so they would go into Pot 3 with the Africans right?


Pot 1: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland
Pot 2: Holland, Italy, England, Russia, Bosnia, Greece, Portugal, Croatia
Pot 3: France, Chile, Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria, Cameroon
Pot 4: USA, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Japan, Korea, Iran, Australia

France must go into the group of Brazil, Argentina, Colombia or Uruguay
Chile and Ecuador must into the group of Spain, Germany, Belgium or Switzerland
Last I heard there are still 2 more qualy matches to play tomorrow.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome