Russia to arrest openly gay tourists. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered User
 
jmjhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Xanadu
Age: 29
Posts: 1,587
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Having lived there for a while, I can't see this being enforced at all.
jmjhb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,589
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Why echoes is ban and some posts were deleted? Nothing that I have seen was against the rules

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #78 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered User
 
Nidhogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,772
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Wow, how ridiculous. This is up there with Ahmadinejad's statement about there not being any gay people in Iran.

Chip idiots.
Nidhogg is offline  
post #79 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,778
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Why echoes is ban and some posts were deleted? Nothing that I have seen was against the rules
He was not the politically correct model that the mods want to see here.
His comments were somewhat extreme, but very literate. He did not resort to personal insults like the most popular and fawned over posters on MTF. I liked to read his posts because they often gave an opinion that most other people do not have. For instance, he was right on the ball with pointing out that the Syrian rebels can be every bit as criminal as the Syrian government. I read that in his posts long before the news items started covering this aspect of the civil war.

However, it seems we are now to be protected from his controversy. Some day maybe the mods will realize that a discussion forum lives and breathes by controversy. Otherwise it suffocates from lack of interest.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 07-13-2013 at 12:55 PM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #80 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,589
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
He was not the politically correct model that the mods want to see here.
His comments were somewhat extreme, but very literate. He did not resort to personal insults like the most popular and fawned over posters on MTF. I liked to read his posts because they often gave an opinion that most other people do not have. For instance, he was right on the ball with pointing out that the Syrian rebels can be every bit as criminal as the Syrian government. I read that in his posts long before the news items started covering this aspect of the civil war.

However, it seems we are now to be protected from his controversy. Some day maybe the mods will realize that a discussion forum lives and breathes by controversy. Otherwise it suffocates from lack of interest.
this is the pm i got from the person who reported, i wont say his name

"He equated people who campaign for gay rights with pedophiles (in that post with the pictures).
I reported him for it. I was probably not the only one.
Normally, I prefer to "cross swords" and debate.
But in this case he definitely crossed the line"

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #81 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 16,432
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
However, it seems we are now to be protected from his controversy. Some day maybe the mods will realize that a discussion forum lives and breathes by controversy. Otherwise it suffocates from lack of interest.
Gays = pedophiles is not controversial as you claim it, it's discriminatory and for that he was banned (one month). There's no big mystery or conspiracy.

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #82 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Gays = pedophiles is not controversial as you claim it, it's discriminatory and for that he was banned (one month). There's no big mystery or conspiracy.
Two thumbs up. (No pun intended lol)

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #83 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,778
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Gays = pedophiles is not controversial as you claim it, it's discriminatory and for that he was banned (one month). There's no big mystery or conspiracy.
I never saw that post, so it is impossible for me to have claimed, hinted or otherwise suggested that gays=pedophiles is controversial. I could now claim that I am offended by your accusation, but choose not to be.
Would it not be simpler to let other people in the forum deal with his remarks? We are mostly grown ups, we do not have to be Shielded from bigots. Surely it is not a crime to have erroneous opinions. Do you really think some MTF members read his post and said to themselves, "I hadn't realized that until now?"
I think we are nannied to the point where the forum is exceedingly dull.

And of course, as I said, I never even claimed that gays = pedophiles is controversial, in the sense that it may or may not be true.
There is ample evidence that it is not true.
What I actually said was that Echoes was being controversial in many of his posts. There is a big difference. But I think it is dangerous to ban people for being wrong. If everything posted here has to be right, then there is no need for discussion.

But if you are going to follow those guidelines, then I invite you to comb through recent threads and ban everybody that states that American Social Conservatives = Racist Rednecks. I think that is very discriminatory.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 07-13-2013 at 10:32 PM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #84 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 16,432
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

We are not necessarily protecting anyone personally, simply there are a few rules on this board which everybody accepted during the registration and admin and mod team is trying to maintain them; if somebody wants a place to write anything he/she can think of, then this is not the place - there are enough of other places on the net without rules, without moderation, and free-for-all.

I am not going to comb through anything, however you are free to report the posts you find offensive and they will be processed same as all other reports.

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #85 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
I think TopSpinDoctor is a closet case.

This is just my opinion. I'm allowed to have one.
motorhead is offline  
post #86 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 AM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,778
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
I am not going to comb through anything, however you are free to report the posts you find offensive and they will be processed same as all other reports.

I do not find any posts offensive. I just choose not to be offended.

And yes, I think that all too often people act offended in a belief that it demonstrates their superior moral judgement. But by deciding to be offended rather than just ignoring whatever it was that they deemed to be offensive, they just lend relevance to the supposed offender.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 07-14-2013 at 04:32 AM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #87 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,589
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I do not find any posts offensive. I just choose not to be offended.

And yes, I think that all too often people act offended in a belief that it demonstrates their superior moral judgement. But by deciding to be offended rather than just ignoring whatever it was that they deemed to be offensive, they just lend relevance to the supposed offender.
If someone is a women hater, gay, racist or anti-Semitic thats ok and he is Entitled to his opinion bjut that does not mean i need to read it all over the forum.

there are lots of open free forums

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #88 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered User
 
Tzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maria Knows How To Handle It.
Posts: 7,599
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I never saw that post, so it is impossible for me to have claimed, hinted or otherwise suggested that gays=pedophiles is controversial. I could now claim that I am offended by your accusation, but choose not to be.
Would it not be simpler to let other people in the forum deal with his remarks? We are mostly grown ups, we do not have to be Shielded from bigots. Surely it is not a crime to have erroneous opinions. Do you really think some MTF members read his post and said to themselves, "I hadn't realized that until now?"
I think we are nannied to the point where the forum is exceedingly dull.

And of course, as I said, I never even claimed that gays = pedophiles is controversial, in the sense that it may or may not be true.
There is ample evidence that it is not true.
What I actually said was that Echoes was being controversial in many of his posts. There is a big difference. But I think it is dangerous to ban people for being wrong. If everything posted here has to be right, then there is no need for discussion.

But if you are going to follow those guidelines, then I invite you to comb through recent threads and ban everybody that states that American Social Conservatives = Racist Rednecks. I think that is very discriminatory.
There is a big difference in between controversial and being disrespectful and hateful. What he said about pedophiles was flat-out disrespectful and can't be considered "an opinion".

If you never saw that post, then you should have asked a Mod first why he was banned instead of trashing them, claiming that they are censuring us and basically saying they are slapping a piece of tape across our mouths on this forum and what not.

He wasn't being wrong, he was being offensive. If I used the N word on this forum, I would get a deserved ban too. It is on the same level, which is why there are many anti-hate laws in the use protecting people against discrimination regarding religion, race, ethnicity AND sexual orientation.

You are allowed to have your opinion but the moment you cross that line and decided to simply trash other human beings, then you are becoming a bully, and there shouldn't be room for that in this world.

YouzhnyNalbandianLopezDolgopolov



TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline  
post #89 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,778
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post

You are allowed to have your opinion but the moment you cross that line and decided to simply trash other human beings, then you are becoming a bully, and there shouldn't be room for that in this world.
My whole point is that you can simply trash other human beings here. The line you talk about is moved depending on the political correctness scale.

Maybe you would like to take a shot at explaining why you can not use the n word here, but using redneck as an ethnic slur against white Americans is perfectly OK. People who use it are being offensive, but it is condoned. Why is that?

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 07-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #90 of 248 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Registered User
 
viruzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 5,351
                     
Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

I really like standing here in the middle of the conversation doing nothing like an asshole.

Ah, appeal moderation? Wanna know what appeal moderation did to me?
LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME, BOY! THESE ARE THE SCARS OF APPEAL MODERATION!
Take a good long stare, you know you want to.
You're not even man enough to look at my face.

Appeal moderation isn't pretty, you have to watch your friends go to dust.
Appeal moderation is always hungry for your soul and sweet emotions.


First and once godly-worhispped appeal moderator.
(Actually 2nd)
viruzzz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome