A New Pope is elected - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,032
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

One of the main persons to denounce Bergoglio is the priest Orlando Yorio, detained in the Mechanic School of the Argentinian Navy -the fearful ESMA, where thousands of people against the military dictatorship were tortured and killed. He stated in the trials of the Military Juntas of 1976 that "Bergoglio never warned us of the danger in which we were. I'm sure that it was himself who gave the list with all of our names to the marines".

abraxas21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Registered User
 
MachimoI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LATVIJA
Posts: 315
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Disgusting decision by the Catholic Church.

There are several reports that this man was heavily involved in the suppression of civil rights during the argentinian dictatorship.
Fetishizing civil rights is the new religion of the 21st century, it only makes sense that they're fighting against increased competition.

"I like pure vodka."

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline  
post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,032
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

if there's one thing worst than a paedophile priest is a far right priest deeply implicated in human rights violations.

There are several things wrong with the Catholic Church but this is just too much to bear. If I wasn't sure of whether I could call myself a Catholic before, I sure I am now.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Registered User
 
MachimoI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LATVIJA
Posts: 315
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
if there's one thing worst than a paedophile priest is a far right priest deeply implicated in human rights violations.

"I like pure vodka."

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline  
post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,032
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post
care to elaborate?

there is a difference between what we typically understand as crimes, as horrendous as they might be, and human rights violations.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Registered User
 
Helevorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mafialand (once known as Northern Italy)
Posts: 1,485
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

In the heart of our (poverty-stricken) nation there's another nation run by priests. Enough said.
Helevorn is offline  
post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Registered User
 
MachimoI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LATVIJA
Posts: 315
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

I don't think you've thought it through. What you're saying is essentially - I'd rather have my kids get ***** on a regular basis by the local priest rather than him complying with the current political regime. You're living in a little liberal bubble. Not every society in every part of the world during each point in history has considered liberal democracy to be the only valid, legitimate type of political establishment. In fact, almost half of people on Earth currently don't live in such states. Get some perspective.

"I like pure vodka."

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline  
post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,032
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post
I don't think you've thought it through. What you're saying is essentially - I'd rather have my kids get ***** on a regular basis by the local priest rather than him complying with the current political regime. You're living in a little liberal bubble. Not every society in every part of the world during each point in history has considered liberal democracy to be the only valid, legitimate type of political establishment. In fact, almost half of people on Earth currently don't live in such states. Get some perspective.
hmm.. no. i don't prefer that at all and that's obviously not what i said.

as for the rest of your little rant, i don't think you're fully aware of the consequences of the argentinian dictatorship and the millions of families it affected. in spite of the words you put in my mouth, my comment was never meant to be an apology of "liberal democracy" (i never even mentioned any of those terms) but simply a side attack on dictatorship and the complicity of the recently elected pope in its human rights abuses.

as for the rest, i hope you're aware that ancient greece, the historical place which is regarded as the birthplace of western civilization, was also a place in which pedophile wasn't just widespread, it was also accepted. get some perspective.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,588
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

It's about time to elect The Pope from Americas; but he's still an italian decent?

I've read that he's against gay marriage and contraception.
swebright is offline  
post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Registered User
 
MachimoI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LATVIJA
Posts: 315
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
hmm.. no. i don't prefer that at all and that's obviously not what i said.

as for the rest of your little rant, i don't think you're fully aware of the consequences of the argentinian dictatorship and the millions of families it affected. in spite of the words you put in my mouth, my comment was never meant to be an apology of "liberal democracy" (i never even mentioned any of those terms) but simply a side attack on dictatorship and the complicity of the recently elected pope in its human rights abuses.

as for the rest, i hope you're aware that ancient greece, the historical place which is regarded as the birthplace of western civilization, was also a place in which pedophile wasn't just widespread, it was also accepted. get some perspective.


You're a typical radical liberal fanatic.

A priest is not a political figure. A priest does not simply rebel against the government. That's even assuming what you said is factually correct. Judging him for what he did is incredibly narrow-minded and shows how little you understand the world. The new pope was not a dictator. LOL. If you had ever lived in an authoritarian police state, you'd understand that you can't judge people just for complying with the authorities.

And there's a 'slight' difference between pederasty and pedophilia. That's a mistake only an uneducated person can make. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare **** of pre-pubescent boys with consensual sex between 2 what were then considered adults. In ancient civilizations and pre-history there largely was no such thing as adolescence (due to a much smaller life expectancy, different economic system among other things) and 14-16 year old boys were effectively past the age of consent.

"I like pure vodka."

-Ernests Gulbis, 2011.
MachimoI is offline  
post #41 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 03:27 AM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,769
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

I couldn't figure out who he reminded me of until now - Johnathon Pryce, who played Peron in the movie Evita.
Scary.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #42 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,032
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachimoI View Post


You're a typical radical liberal fanatic.

A priest is not a political figure. A priest does not simply rebel against the government. That's even assuming what you said is factually correct. Judging him for what he did is incredibly narrow-minded and shows how little you understand the world. The new pope was not a dictator. LOL. If you had ever lived in an authoritarian police state, you'd understand that you can't judge people just for complying with the authorities.

And there's a 'slight' difference between pederasty and pedophilia. That's a mistake only an uneducated person can make. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare **** of pre-pubescent boys with consensual sex between 2 what were then considered adults. In ancient civilizations and pre-history there largely was no such thing as adolescence (due to a much smaller life expectancy, different economic system among other things) and 14-16 year old boys were effectively past the age of consent.
meh, you're boring me, not only because you can't avoid putting words in my mouth but because, well, you're boring. still, for your reading comprehension's sake, i'll point you your errors:

1- I never said the Pope was a dictator. I said the recently elected Pope was involved in human rights abuses with the complicity of the Argentinean dictatorship. I know it must be hard for you to spot such a "subtle" difference but trust me, there is one.

2- As for the difference between pederasty and pedophilia,it's a matter of which definition you use which might vary from country to country.

abraxas21 is offline  
post #43 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,909
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
It's about time to elect The Pope from Americas; but he's still an italian decent?

I've read that he's against gay marriage and contraception.

aren't they all?

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #44 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,589
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

I wish him the best of uck to bring ppl together from all nations, countries, religious, ages, colors, sexual preferences atc atc.

I hope he will understand that a few things need to change, that brith control and condums can save lives and diseases and that gay ppl has the same rights as all of us, they are gods creature like me, u and all so bring instead if divid, it's much more effective.

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #45 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS
 
Mae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On The Dark Side
Posts: 35,462
                     
Re: A New Pope is elected

Why can't they pick someone at least somewhat younger? How long will this man last?

“I have a, shall we say, morbid personality.”
― Novala Takemoto, Missin' (Novel)
Mae is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome