how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis? - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

i used to be obsessed with tennis, but now i don't care

why??

GOATsol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Wait for that special player to respark your interest. Could take a while.

I must say, these Rafaless days I can still enjoy tennis, but not nearly half as much as to when he's around the tour (doesn't even have to be a Rafa match, as long as he's there)

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,589
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

maybe u need a new tennis fav?

i guess after fed Broke all records and peaks Your interest decline?

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered User
 
Ben.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 12,897
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Learn to see the sport as more than just one man. Your focus seems to be on a rivalry which is barely relevant any more, so it's no wonder your interest is waning.
Ben. is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kazakstan-- hakuna matata country
Posts: 25,627
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
i used to be obsessed with tennis, but now i don't care

why??
Can we hope your hatred will become less intense now? :unusre:
gulzhan is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 2,119
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Wait for that special player to respark your interest. Could take a while.

I must say, these Rafaless days I can still enjoy tennis, but not nearly half as much as to when he's around the tour (doesn't even have to be a Rafa match, as long as he's there)
Yeah, I'm the same when my faves go away. I never completely lose interest, but I need a special player to be really into it.

Sometimes, you're lucky. I did not feel too depressed after Kafelnikov's retirement, because I quickly started to follow Coria. But when Coria's career came to an end quite prematurely, it took me a long time and I did lose interest for a while.
Sophitia36 is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

its just the end of season blues

Oz Open will give you the kiss of life
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 16,552
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Go watch a challenger, or better yet a futures.

It won't rekindle anything old, it'll kindle something fresh within you.
Sham Kay Adams is online now  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

My advice would be to try and love tennis not for the people who play it, but the game itself.
The Prince is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London (sadly)
Posts: 14,937
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

support Andy Murray

don't accept anything but the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned....
TigerTim is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
support Andy Murray

don't accept anything but the best.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered User
 
Vinceremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 1,546
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

It will come back. I'm sure everyone at one point or another (sonner or later) loses some interest in the sport. In my case, that happened to me a few years ago and recently towards the end of last year -used to log in to MTF almost everyday and suddenly didn't enter for about a whole month-. Sometimes it is because you're having less free time, other things consuming most of your time or it could be a case of your favourites not doing well enough and you feeling bad about it. This last reason would suck if it's your spot, since it could indicate you're more of a player-fan rather than a tennis supporter.

Either way I'm pretty sure it will come back if it's a sport you really like, and seems like it.
Vinceremo is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 2,119
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Well, I think it's a bit too simplistic to claim that people who need to follow specific players don't like the sport. Usually my interest is divided between three sports: tennis, cycling, and ice dance.
I think I love all three, but still, my interest will fluctuate from time to time. And usually, it depends on whether there is someone that can feed my interest or not.

I used to be really crazy about cycling, but at the moment, to be honest, I don't really care much, because there's no one that I like enough (apart from Andy Schleck maybe, but it's more like a slight crush, I find him adorable but I don't think he's that great a cyclist so it's not enough).

At the moment, I am really interested in tennis, because Ferrer is someone that I like as a guy but that I also admire a lot, and I love both the personnality he projects and his tennis. Plus, he's doing well at the moment.

As for ice-dance, I'm following it more closely than cycling, but not as closely as I once did. Since all my favourite skaters have retired, and because it also coincided in my opinion with the return of a very classical, unimaginative approach to ice dance, I sometimes cannot bring myself to care much about the competitions anymore. Still, ice dance is not only a sport that I watch, it's a sport that I've practiced for 10 years, so the fact that I'm losing interest from time to time when no skaters can instill much enthusiasm in me, does not mean that I do not truly love the sport.
Sophitia36 is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Registered User
 
Vinceremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 1,546
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Well, I think it's a bit too simplistic to claim that people who need to follow specific players don't like the sport. Usually my interest is divided between three sports: tennis, cycling, and ice dance.
I think I love all three, but still, my interest will fluctuate from time to time. And usually, it depends on whether there is someone that can feed my interest or not.

I used to be really crazy about cycling, but at the moment, to be honest, I don't really care much, because there's no one that I like enough (apart from Andy Schleck maybe, but it's more like a slight crush, I find him adorable but I don't think he's that great a cyclist so it's not enough).

At the moment, I am really interested in tennis, because Ferrer is someone that I like as a guy but that I also admire a lot, and I love both the personnality he projects and his tennis. Plus, he's doing well at the moment.

As for ice-dance, I'm following it more closely than cycling, but not as closely as I once did. Since all my favourite skaters have retired, and because it also coincided in my opinion with the return of a very classical, unimaginative approach to ice dance, I sometimes cannot bring myself to care much about the competitions anymore. Still, ice dance is not only a sport that I watch, it's a sport that I've practiced for 10 years, so the fact that I'm losing interest from time to time when no skaters can instill much enthusiasm in me, does not mean that I do not truly love the sport.
Sure, I see your point. Wasn't my intention to imply that losing a bit of interest in the sport when a player you like is not riding good momentum = not loving the sport. Maybe I interpreted his/her post wrongly, but saying plainly 'don't care anymore' sounded a bit rough. I do know people that gave up on specific sports as soon as their favourites retired, or started to greatly decline though. Like I said before, one can lose interest in a sport from time to time and it happens to almost everyone, but if you truly do like it a lot, it shall come back for sure.

You make a very good point and I think in some cases the bond with it will be way greater if you actually practice or used to practice it. Again, back to my previous post, I've lost some interest in tennis many times but it always ends up coming back eventually. I know I would still watch it and play it casually even if a time comes were I don't like any player, the great memories both playing and watching great matches would pull me back!
Vinceremo is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,211
                     
Re: how does one rekindle his/her interest in tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
support Andy Murray

don't accept anything but the best.
was just away to say something like this lol

LOBRAY, LEGEND OF THE LOB






#1
Moozza is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome